Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Sasameki Koto is a classic and all but I think I actually like this series better. All the sharp observations of relationships and slice of life comf, much less of the over-the-top Rumiko Takihashi slapstick / misunderstanding vibes.

Sasameki Koto was torture for me. I actually dropped it about 20 chapters in because I thought nothing would ever happen. I'm glad I thought of it again after it had finished and looked it up, but I couldn't have handled reading the thing as it was released.

That manga just has no sense of narrative flow, everything is either gruelingly slow or happening to fast to keep track of.

This manga on the other hand always makes me smile

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

aaaah pretty sweet WAnkoo

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. Yeah, voice actresses have it tough.

joined Oct 15, 2014

Sasameki Koto was torture for me. I actually dropped it about 20 chapters in because I thought nothing would ever happen. I'm glad I thought of it again after it had finished and looked it up, but I couldn't have handled reading the thing as it was released.

That manga just has no sense of narrative flow, everything is either gruelingly slow or happening to fast to keep track of.

Tbh its all depend on the individual who reads it. I understand it perfectly fine. Imo the pace is quite right, there's not a lot of unnecessary drama and the comedy is on point.... I like this manga but Sasameki Koto is still it for me. (Again this is my opinion)

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I was worried 'cause I misread that conversation at the beginning. I thought the director was firing them because Wako was a lesbian, but he was in fact going to use her as a marketing tool if he knew before hand. Don't actually know which one would have been worse...

Also to throw my hat into the ring.

I'm gonna have to disagree 'cause the pacing of Sasameki Koto was fine aside from one or two completely out of nowhere drama spike near the beginning, but then the rest of it afterwards was perfect.

The only time I felt the story came to a screeching halt was that second last volume that has two completely unrelated stories, one of which I believe was a completely different author and was also het. There's nothing wrong with that, other than it being in the middle of a serialized yuri manga.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how Miho trusts Wanko enough to let down her fake nice personality around her, and Wanko has learned to not take Miho's salty remarks personally. It feels like they've become actual friends over the course of this manga.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

gasp

exes?

joined Feb 1, 2021

ISEKAI TRUCK KILLER CONVOY

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Finally, the show about Truck-kun has been green-lit.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Finally, the show about Truck-kun has been green-lit.

Not that those vehicular agents of death ever respected traffic signals in the first place.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally a good isekai.

joined Mar 19, 2020

gasp

exes?

They fucked

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

I know that "Ah" (ಠ‿ಠ)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ahhhhhhhhhh, somehow I totally didn't put two and two together and realize that was the same gal. The Drama Llama has entered the building

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yall I can't wait to see how this goes down lol-

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Such a small world we're in :))))
This is getting interesting

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Truck-kun getting the recognition he deserves

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

truck kun getting the harem he deserves... errr, rather the convoy I guess.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Time to break out the CB radios and Burt Reynolds flicks

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I think you mean Kris Kristofferson.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

hot

joined Feb 1, 2021

I can only think of Kris Kirstofferson as the head ranger from Fallout New Vegas

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Had to re-read the last ten chapters to resituate myself. Incoming love triangle

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Had to re-read the last ten chapters to resituate myself. Incoming love triangle

I had to rethink the relationships too for this chapter.
I think it's Wanko <-> Sakuma <- Ataru <-> Nemori ?-> Mirei
I think I have that right?

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 8:43PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I had to rethink the relationships too for this chapter.
I think it's Wanko <-> Sakuma <- Ataru <-> Nemori ?-> Mirei
I think I have that right?

Had to go back to the chapter where Ataru and Nemori first met, but I dont think they had anything going on aside from the drunken one night stand :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.