Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

Wait, has "Catulus are more inclined to love girls" ever been a thing said out loud? Damn, would've been a great theme to explore if we didn't have ONLY 5 CHAPTERS LEFT askffgrrv?

The series description on mangadex (which I assume had to come from somewhere) mentions it. Beyond that... I'll have to reread.

Well there is the ending of chapter 17 which goes-

”catulus syndrome is an illness that suddenly causes girls to develope catlike traits, and afterwards, there is a high chance of making girls’ hearts flutter.”

I believe it was also mentioned during an interaction between the main pair at some point.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Don't care if they were almost having a moment there, chibi doctor is still the worst.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Thinking that their love might not be real because of being catulus is a very strange dilemma to pull out at the eleventh hour. Unless I'm misunderstanding, it only means that there is a higher rate of sexual/romantic preference towards women, not an indiscriminate attraction towards all of them. If we followed that to its natural conclusion, straight people's love isn't real either because humans are typically wired to have that preference.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

So we're still just dancing around the yuri at this point? They'll be scissoring before the tag is added...

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Cousins

last edited at Dec 17, 2020 12:02PM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Awwwwww that was so adorable.

joined Dec 5, 2018

one ship had sailed, one more to go. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Veloce1
joined Dec 17, 2017

Man, that's some weird way to go about it. What if it's just lesbians who contract catulus syndrome more often than others? It feels oddly close to "being gay is a disease". But I suppose catulus isn't as much a disease as just a thing that makes people a bit different.

joined Jul 8, 2020

NOW KISS!

68d3288083f049c4712b1279e94cccfe
joined Dec 27, 2020

This is cute.

joined Jan 13, 2021

PLSSS LET YUKI AND RIKA BE TOGETHER

joined Nov 27, 2016

Goddamnit why do they always end too soon

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 11:20PM

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

I swear this manga had the subtext tag when I first saw it. Did that recently change, or am I thinking of a different manga?

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

I swear this manga had the subtext tag when I first saw it. Did that recently change, or am I thinking of a different manga?

It was a recent change. I was wondering if I just went crazy, but if both of us remember it being subtext for a while...

That said, it started out with the yuri tag, then became subtext dozens of chapters in, then yuri again recently, iirc. The tag being changed to subtext is why I took a break to see if it'd change back later xD

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I really hope Prof. "messed up" or is just kidding and the medicine is not permanently. otherwise this would turn this really great manga into bullshit right at the end....

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 4:58AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

So, you are here to prove Yuki point, that she was interesting only because she was Catulus, and not for who she actually is.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

So, you are here to prove Yuki point, that she was interesting only because she was Catulus, and not for who she actually is.

While I do understand your point of view, I have to disagree. Since Yuki is a congenital catulus, being a catulus is who she really is. All of her friends have only known her as an catulus - and are mostly catulus themselves. So in my opinion by taking the medicine, Yuki no only changes into a person she never was in the first place, she also assumes that all (other) catulus in general are only interesting because they are catulus. Thus implying somewhat, that "normal" humans are better.

Denying a part of your own personality just to fit in with the others is bullshit. And to be fair: the story sets off because Yuki is a catulus. She is insecure, turns into a cat and Ayano has to deliver her clothes back to her thus hitting it off with each other. And I believe that's what Ayano was saying: If she wasn't a catulus - which Ayano has known before - they would be normal classmates and maybe have had a slower start.

joined Sep 13, 2017

While I do understand your point of view, I have to disagree. Since Yuki is a congenital catulus, being a catulus is who she really is. All of her friends have only known her as an catulus - and are mostly catulus themselves. So in my opinion by taking the medicine, Yuki no only changes into a person she never was in the first place, she also assumes that all (other) catulus in general are only interesting because they are catulus. Thus implying somewhat, that "normal" humans are better.

Denying a part of your own personality just to fit in with the others is bullshit. And to be fair: the story sets off because Yuki is a catulus. She is insecure, turns into a cat and Ayano has to deliver her clothes back to her thus hitting it off with each other. And I believe that's what Ayano was saying: If she wasn't a catulus - which Ayano has known before - they would be normal classmates and maybe have had a slower start.

While my kneejerk response to your original post was rather negative, I do agree that I'm not a fan of this development should the medicine have a permanent effect on Yuki.

What Yuki did is essentially throwing away what makes her special in hopes of seeing whether her relationship with Ayano is genuine, or was it merely one of the effects of her being a catulus. Kind of goes to show how much Yuki is willing to give up there, but yes, being a Catulus is an inextricable part of who she is. Yuki turning back into a Catulus would actually be the perfect scenario: she gets to see whether their relationship is genuine, Ayano gets to see how far Yuki is willing to go for her, and Yuki does not need to become someone she is not. Could also help her get over her insecurity, which ch.98 is kind of hinting at, I feel.

Master123456789
95931515_120449516298022_3562867537458757632_n
joined May 28, 2020

Me reading chapter 97 *dies of cute girl syndrome

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

What ifs really are tricky, gotta live in the present :0

joined Oct 26, 2019

Ch 99
Coincidences. . .
The pill, Was it ever the only way to know for sure?
Couldn't they have talked before?
I guess what's done, is done. . .
and Yuki now knows the answer, and will need to live with that.
. . .
Why must it end at chapter 100 。:゚(;´∩`;)゚:。

joined Jun 30, 2016

One more for the end people! man...im going to miss this.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this final "arc" reminds me to that chapter from nettaigyo wa yuki where konatsu wannted to know why koyuki talked to her when they meet and it turned out to be a coincidence and konatsu was really hurt because she want it to be something special,
i love nettaigyo but i think nekotaro made a better job solving the issue

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 12:24PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

now that i think about it yukki never meet alex IRL NOOOOOO, i wanted to see that encounter i´d be hilarious to see alex reaction after findind out how tundra looks IRL

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 1:07PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Ch 99
Coincidences. . .
The pill, Was it ever the only way to know for sure?
Couldn't they have talked before?
I guess what's done, is done. . .
and Yuki now knows the answer, and will need to live with that.
. . .
Why must it end at chapter 100 。:゚(;´∩`;)゚:。

Maybe the author has OCD? ;p

To reply you must either login or sign up.