Forum › Posts by XenonVoid

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

I swear this manga had the subtext tag when I first saw it. Did that recently change, or am I thinking of a different manga?

It was a recent change. I was wondering if I just went crazy, but if both of us remember it being subtext for a while...

That said, it started out with the yuri tag, then became subtext dozens of chapters in, then yuri again recently, iirc. The tag being changed to subtext is why I took a break to see if it'd change back later xD

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

pg 07, "the two us" -> the two of us
pg 14, "chosen as the one go" -> as the one to go
pg 32, "that would make a weirdo too." -> that would make (her? me?) a weirdo too.
pg 34, "didn't know about about us two" -> didn't know about us two
pg 40, "she didn't have have her phone" -> she didn't have her phone
pg 43, "the shoe rack was where were separated." -> the shoe rack was where we were separated.
pg 45, "we really did leave far apart." -> live
pg 45, "she had she been here" -> she had been here
pg 48, "but a also bit dry." -> but also a bit dry.
pg 48, "that was due it coming" -> that was due to it coming
pg 58, "and it was now the lunch beak." -> and it was now lunch break.
pg 66, "this one my favourite" -> this one was my favourite

You missed a few. I'm too lazy to find them all but one I definitely remember is:

Page 33: "After that, I'd be me walking home by myself."

"I'd be me" should be "it'd be me."

But still, it's impressive that you found as many as you did, not gonna lie.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Pdf/Epub:
https://mega.nz/#F!JoVBRIgJ!80VybFiaAC0ckl0bsCer9g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kkRuQ5SD7shbtQpXItdyS-ZeUKKuU47_

Next chapter next month

Lemme know if you want some help with QC. I've been interested in this series for several months now, so I wouldn't mind putting in the time. Plus, me being my grammar Nazi self, I have been noticing a few errors as I've been reading this chapter. Nothing super egregious, but enough I thought I may as well offer to help out.

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

People have so much ideas, I can see writers in here too, I wish some of you can write Yagakimi ff instead lolz...

Edit: i feel tired reading all the labels tbh. Idk why people was so addicted to label. When in fact Nakatani is obviously not bothered by it.

That sounds like way too much work. Emulating Nakatani's style is like asking for monkeys to write Shakespeare.

Pretty much... It's almost certain that Nakatani just wrote three lesbian girls with emotional issues (heck sayaka is as standard gay as it gets). That's all there is to it lol

As another writer, I second this first bit. I tend to think I'm not a terrible author, but YagaKimi set the bar so high I legitimately can't even consider trying to write fanfics for it because I know I'll screw things up.

As for the second bit, pretty sure Yuu isn't a standard lesbian, but Touko and Sayaka definitely are. I'm too labeled out to go into detail on what I think Yuu is today, maybe after some sleep...

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Actually, the labels discourse is a form of fanfic.

(Or since labels seem to be so important, maybe “fan non-fiction” would be more precise.)

I hope the bit about labels being important was sarcastic because over half the ones being discussed have basically zero plot relevance.

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

... Good god, that was a strange conversation/argument to read through... paranoid logic is... hard to follow, and I'll leave it at that for now to limit how off-topic I get.

As for this chapter... I'm sure someone's said this already by now, but it sort of seems like Touko dating Sayaka just got at least partially set up. Got into a debate about whether it would be consistent of Touko's character to do so last night with a friend on Discord. "Fun" times.

This might be the first chapter of actual substance I didn't know how to feel about. Though admittedly, more because of the implications it has on future chapters than because of any one thing in the chapter itself. Was hoping my concerns would've been voiced and addressed by now in the comments thread (that happens fairly frequently), and I'd just have to go enough pages back to find it and be able to relax, but instead I got... I'm not sure how to describe what I just read through...

Edit: Missed a few posts typing out this one... for the record, I think people are going a little overboard with the labeling.

last edited at Jan 5, 2019 8:47AM

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Drama tag, anyone...?

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Pretty sure this needs a subtext tag...

XenonVoid
Ayasex...? discussion 21 Oct 04:57
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Gotta love dat EliUmi... up until the foursome at the end. I didn't sign up for an Eliharem XD

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 4:58AM

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Yuss! Love this ship!

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Please someone tell me there's more to this coming at some point...

XenonVoid
Image Comments 21 Sep 00:06
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
Dj9ezsuxkaaxsby-orig

How adorkable...

XenonVoid
Image Comments 21 Sep 00:05
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
Ed79iue

Best (?) timing.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Not bad, not bad at all. Easily the best thing released all week so far. I just hope the next part won't take like, a month to be uploaded...

XenonVoid
Image Comments 21 Aug 16:44
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
Comfeydecidueyelilli

It's a one-hit KO! Lillie fainted!

XenonVoid
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Does anyone know how often chapters of this manga get released in Japan? And also maybe how many chapters have currently been released over there? I'm not quite sure whether the scanlators have caught up to the most recent one or not...

last edited at Apr 11, 2017 12:42AM

XenonVoid
Their Story discussion 13 Feb 09:21
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Is there any particular reason why the scanlators haven't posted any more updates to this in over two weeks? It's been nineteen days since the last installment... which as far as I remember, is not a normal trend for this series. It would seem normal if you only followed it through Dynasty, since the updates are larger and take longer. but when you follow the scanlator's tumblr, it tended to get updates more frequently than it has been recently...

Are they just shifting focus to Beloved for their yuri kick, or has the artist for this thing been on a break/hiatus?

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

What the hell, don't suggest something logical. Also "I'm normal" could be (but probably isn't considering Hina's struggles with her sexuality) a statement meant to mislead people anyways since being gay shouldn't be considered abnormal.

Uh... do you not know the traditional view (not necessarily the current standard one for young people, but the one held by traditional families and older individuals) of homosexuality in Japanese society? This is a manga based in Japan, and made by an author who has been around the manga scene for at least a decade and is probably pretty decently aged. Homosexuality is normal in the US, but it's not anywhere near as widely accepted over there, even less so by Milk's generation.

It's not explicitly illegal, but it's not considered normal yet either. Japan isn't quite as progressive as most English speaking countries in that regard. So Hina's "I'm normal" is perfectly placed and is most likely a self protection mechanism because of the setting in which she lives and also likely because of Maiko's actions in their past that obviously has more to it than either of them were letting on with Hana.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

The rational part of my brain says this should not be allowed to exist... but the part of my brain that loves comedy is just saying "F#$% it, I bet this is going to be hilarious!"

Time to go actually read it and see which side wins out in the end.

XenonVoid
Image Comments 05 Nov 17:40
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
47771984_p0

@Nez: To be honest I didn't know all the specifics you just mentioned, though I was aware of it being different over there. Thank you for the the information. Although to add something I do know about Japanese Christmas, it seems to have a particular fixation on cakes instead of presents...

@Nevri: I was complaining about them, but I had no intention of asking or demanding that anything be changed. You misinterpreted the point of my message. If I actually intended to change it I wouldn't have bothered trying to do so via a comment on a single picture, because that's literally not how anything works.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 5:45PM

XenonVoid
Image Comments 05 Nov 05:19
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
47771984_p0

@Nezchan: that's why I said that within a few days is fine and totally makes sense. It's not like all site-relevant pics on the internet just magically appear here the moment they're uploaded, I understand that someone has to search and find the pic, someone has to suggest the pic get uploaded here, and someone has to make sure it's okay to upload all before it can appear. That's not what I was complaining about.

I was more complaining about how Christmas, a holiday which I dislike from a religious, celebrational and statistical standpoint (the last one because of depression rates during the season, which as a person who battles depression a lot I am acutely aware of) and think is entirely too popular all around the world is suddenly appearing in pictures a month and a half before the actual holiday. I can't exactly pretend a terrible holiday doesn't exist when it's staring me in the face on all my favorite sites, can I?

And I know that some people will argue that that's not what the holiday is about, but let's take a look at what it is actually about for a second. Spending time with loved ones is about the only good thing about it, and even that is usually more forced than genuine. Beyond that there's the inherent obligation that most people feel to buy everyone close to them obscene gifts that they often can't actually afford (supposedly it's about giving, but lots of people misinterpret that to mean buying gifts). Then there's the pressure to decorate your house, which can often be highly competitive and divisive in nature. Then there's the pressure felt by some to be more religious, to which I say: if you didn't care this much about your faith the rest of the year, don't make such a big deal about it now, it just looks weird and forced.

Not to mention how in a lot of countries around the world, depression and suicide rates skyrocket around Christmas time. The idea that it's a happy time of year is more an illusion or fairy tale than anything else, kept alive for marketing purposes.

Now, to all the people I've offended or saddened somehow, I do apologize. I'm just a jaded guy trying to voice his frustrations at a part of the world that will never change.

Also, Nez, if you feel the need to delete this, go ahead. I got it out of my system so I don't care if it stays around.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 5:28AM

XenonVoid
Image Comments 04 Nov 20:17
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
47771984_p0

Yes, but then you get far more pics on or near the actual holiday itself. I have the patience to wait until uploading it makes more sense. The ones most likely to complain about exclusively timely holiday uploads are people who have little to no patience.

XenonVoid
Image Comments 04 Nov 18:36
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
47771984_p0

^Sad? How so? If it were done that way, then we'd get a crapton of new pics each major holiday that wouldn't seem out of place to anyone looking at them.

And to clarify, I wouldn't mind pics late or early by a few days. It just bugs me when I start seeing holiday themed pics weeks to months away from said holidays.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 6:37PM

XenonVoid
Image Comments 04 Nov 17:54
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
47771984_p0

I know this isn't the uploader or site's fault, but... come the hell on. Halloween literally just happened. Christmas is almost two months away! This is way too early for Christmas themed stuff...

XenonVoid
Image Comments 08 Aug 06:13
Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015
Tumblr_o9nakstkou1r33mr5o1_1280

Wait, which one of them is recharging here...?