Forum › The Two Sides of Seiyuu Radio discussion

joined Oct 9, 2011

Also really like how glasses-kun (forgot his name :/) touches on the fact that idols are human beings too.

Agreed, I really liked that part too, I know a lot of so called "fans" of lets say, idols, vtubers, that will go off and say "Oh I love _____ so much!" but instead of treating and seeing them as yknow, normal fucking people, they give them these suuuuuuuuuper high expectations, and like someone else mentioned earlier, invade their privacy like they're not human beings too with lives of their own, and once they find out about something that doesn't fit their standards even slightly, freak the fuck out, really makes me appreciate glasses-kun (I also forgot his name lol) a whole lot more.

You ngl I was kind of scared when I saw him appear with that video but he seems cool unlike his stalker friend.

Nope, he's no better then the stalker, sent a creepy tweet, is looking far to deep into something and is now delving into their private lives.

So, he's still a creep.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Funny that I only know about them having croquettes at butcher shops from another yuri series.

7cef6765-347e-4891-9364-552dfe71ffd8
joined Sep 28, 2020

here's to hoping glasses-kun uses his newfound knowledge to fend off the creeps (shizimu ahem) rather than become more of a creep himself (cuz the strange reply was quite unnecessary ngl)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Eating burgers, fried chicken, and doughnuts everyday, is an american "caricature". Okay sure. Lets go with that.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Eating burgers, fried chicken, and doughnuts everyday, is an american "caricature". Okay sure. Lets go with that.

Hey, I eat burgers never (if I can help it), haven't had fried chicken in years, and may get a couple of donuts once every few months.

...I eat pizza of some sort nearly every day, but that's beside the point. :P

joined Sep 1, 2017

Hey, I eat burgers never (if I can help it), haven't had fried chicken in years, and may get a couple of donuts once every few months.

...I eat pizza of some sort nearly every day, but that's beside the point. :P

You're right. Chika forgot pizza.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Also really like how glasses-kun (forgot his name :/) touches on the fact that idols are human beings too.

Agreed, I really liked that part too, I know a lot of so called "fans" of lets say, idols, vtubers, that will go off and say "Oh I love _____ so much!" but instead of treating and seeing them as yknow, normal fucking people, they give them these suuuuuuuuuper high expectations, and like someone else mentioned earlier, invade their privacy like they're not human beings too with lives of their own, and once they find out about something that doesn't fit their standards even slightly, freak the fuck out, really makes me appreciate glasses-kun (I also forgot his name lol) a whole lot more.

You ngl I was kind of scared when I saw him appear with that video but he seems cool unlike his stalker friend.

Nope, he's no better then the stalker, sent a creepy tweet, is looking far to deep into something and is now delving into their private lives.

So, he's still a creep.

I can't see how anyone could mistake the little stalker jerk as anything other than grade A psycho creep.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"No dad in my place, I live with my mom. Yeah, just two women living together."
"Same here! Just me and my mom. That's the life I know: two women living together."
"Oh wow! We're like foreordained to yuri, aren't we?"

not sure if you want to be implying what you're insinuating here, that no father figure = gay

I think OP was just trying to make a lighthearted joke, I doubt those were their intentions.

Fair enough

joined Aug 21, 2017

Accurate depiction of internet degeneracy

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 1:48AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yea I'm really not sure if they're trying to make Glasses-Nerd-kun here like, likable or not. Cause his dismissal of the ex friend, yea, I'm for that. But then everything else put an uncomfortable taste in my mouth.

And I really gotta say, as a nerdy lady on the internet, this chapter hit me way harder than yuri manga has any right to. It shouldn't be that real, dammit.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I like that part where she complains about nerds gatekeeping on the internet I felt that lmao

joined Dec 5, 2019

croquetes, the official japanese lesbian snack
not gonna lie they are amazingly delicious...

creepo-kujn will probably increase his creepometer in future chapters I think, maybe even some goddamn blackmail

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

It seems to me that the mangaka is intentionally keeping Glasses Kid ambiguous as to whether he's going to be helpful or a creep, giving us bits of both to keep us uncertain. I'm hoping that when he figures the whole thing out, he'll help defend them and have a big hero moment warding off that stalker.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Oh wow, just discovered this. This manga is really special.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

God bless! the yuri just escalated quickly.

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

Really like the art style in this one, taking care with the characters too and still moving forward at a nice pace.

The writer lady(loli) and the mom are so cute too! :D

joined Jan 9, 2021

Anyone know when will this be updated?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Kokoro is in Danger, apply the feels Panzer!

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020

YESSSS ANOTHER EPISODE YEET ◝(⑅•ᴗ•⑅)◜..°♡

joined Nov 21, 2018

Pretty good commentary on the state of the industry after the rise of the "idol VA" changed the standards for young VAs.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wow I'm getting pretty engrossed with the seiyuu part of this series. Hopefully the part where they get together and when they are together also gets as much attention writing wise as all this

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Nice that this is now Yuri.

Equally nice too if this had remained on the subtext level cuz I'd be sold with just the story and its backdrop. Initially, I would have loved to have them bang each other in satisfying angry sex like Sal Jiang's "Black and White".

Now I just enjoy how the progression is not only towards potential romance but also towards their growth as voice actors mastering their craft.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

Very mood. Quite heartwarming.

Img_20200530_075027
joined May 29, 2020

i love their dynamic so muchhhhhh they roast each other a lot but when it comes to work or when someone is anxious about something, the other is always there to give their genuine support and take on things. I quite like the pacing as well, how their bond grows and how they themselves grow as a person through overcoming challenges together.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Great chapter, I like how they're both constantly seeking to improve while still helping the other up, I'm really loving this "friendly rival" dynamic, pretty cute moments too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.