Forum › The Two Sides of Seiyuu Radio discussion

Although it very much doesn't look like yuri so far, it's described as yuri on Japanese websites and even in official promotional material, if I recall correctly. So it won't end in subtext hell, probably.

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

dang she got so mad her eyebrows disappeared for a sec!

SS 3

joined Jul 8, 2020

My anticipation for the super angry sex grows.

I second this

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

The last chapter released in japan is interesting.Usually, one character supports still more the other but the last chapter shows both have insecurities. For Yugure, it's her public persona, and Utatane, it is an inferiority complex on her abilities compared to other seiyuus, with Yugure who help this time.

last edited at Aug 31, 2020 6:14PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

That was the perfect "YOU BITCH" face

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

www It'll be fun

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Oooh this looks like it's going to be a fun ride.

My anticipation for the super angry sex grows.

I second this

Pleeeeaaaassse.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Latest chapter is up on MD. Wonderful developments, great pacing.

I was kinda split on this story's decision to give so much attention to the stalkers, but after my knee-jerk 'Keep them disgusting creepazoids outta mah yuri' reaction, I've realized that it's actually a commendable decision. So many manga about entertainment and the performing arts completely and totally misrepresent the professions they cover, glorifying and fetishizing industries that are extremely exploitative (Love Live, for instance, has caught flack for making the idol industry seem like some grandiose pathway to dreams instead of an oppressive industry that pulls in young girls with talent, restricts their personal freedom, and forces them to act out anime archetypes for swelling crowds of sweaty otaku who'd get an aneurysm if their waifus, who just so happen to be real goddamn people, ever happen to get into a relationship or display any traits that aren't sickeningly moe or endorsed by their agencies). I honestly hate the whole, 'we must devotedly love our fans and appreciate the support they give us' ideology, because so many of these fandoms are filled with toxic people who perv out over underage girls and fantasize about getting into relationships with them, even as the corporations that market the idols rarely ever criticize this, but actively prey on the social isolation and repressed desires of straight male consumers to mold idols into real-world waifus and maximize appeal. Though the idols do make good money and the stalkers are terrible people, there's also a lot to be said about the agencies that form the root of these issues, and the general fandom culture that drives such behavior. And the fact that this series is willing to engage with that by presenting the seiyuus as people often uncomfortable with performativity, whilst also giving the stalkers human traits and exploring their mindsets, psychology and fiction-reality disconnect is pretty neat. I'm not expecting it to be some kind of brilliant symbolic deconstruction of the industry like, say, Revue Starlight, but even if it displays the willingness to explore the seiyuu profession with more depth than just 'cute girls and their loving fans', it'd be a cut above all the shows and series that idealize professions for blatant cash-grabbing.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 1:37AM

brace yourself the white knights are coming

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

What are we even doing?

Dating. You two are dating.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Although it very much doesn't look like yuri so far, it's described as yuri on Japanese websites and even in official promotional material, if I recall correctly. So it won't end in subtext hell, probably.

The latest chapter should prove pretty satisfactory then. The train is leaving the station.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Reading a chapter of this makes me go "oh that was cute and fun of wait there's more of yeah there's a starter subplot :/ gross"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"No dad in my place, I live with my mom. Yeah, just two women living together."
"Same here! Just me and my mom. That's the life I know: two women living together."
"Oh wow! We're like foreordained to yuri, aren't we?"

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Can't wait to see more development between these two. Also really like how glasses-kun (forgot his name :/) touches on the fact that idols are human beings too. And that part where yugure was talking about the bs she was getting for liking her fav anime felt too real for me XD Glad this manga brings up these types of topics lol

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

This actually looks pretty fun.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I sense a Perfect Blue drama coming.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Also really like how glasses-kun (forgot his name :/) touches on the fact that idols are human beings too.

Agreed, I really liked that part too, I know a lot of so called "fans" of lets say, idols, vtubers, that will go off and say "Oh I love _____ so much!" but instead of treating and seeing them as yknow, normal fucking people, they give them these suuuuuuuuuper high expectations, and like someone else mentioned earlier, invade their privacy like they're not human beings too with lives of their own, and once they find out about something that doesn't fit their standards even slightly, freak the fuck out, really makes me appreciate glasses-kun (I also forgot his name lol) a whole lot more.

last edited at Nov 10, 2020 3:04PM

joined Mar 19, 2020

Also really like how glasses-kun (forgot his name :/) touches on the fact that idols are human beings too.

Agreed, I really liked that part too, I know a lot of so called "fans" of lets say, idols, vtubers, that will go off and say "Oh I love _____ so much!" but instead of treating and seeing them as yknow, normal fucking people, they give them these suuuuuuuuuper high expectations, and like someone else mentioned earlier, invade their privacy like they're not human beings too with lives of their own, and once they find out about something that doesn't fit their standards even slightly, freak the fuck out, really makes me appreciate glasses-kun (I also forgot his name lol) a whole lot more.

You ngl I was kind of scared when I saw him appear with that video but he seems cool unlike his stalker friend.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I love the evolution of the dynamic between the two girls a lot. Kinda worried about that subplot though.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This manga is full of creeps

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I felt that anime discussion. Being a fan in the early 2000's was hard enough, without all the f*cking gatekeepers! I'd like to say things have changed, but I'm also a gamer.... just shoot me.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Joker sure let himself go

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"Same here! Just me and my mom. That's the life I know: two women living together."

not sure if you want to be implying what you're insinuating here, that no father figure = gay

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

Damn.
I hope they stay safe from creepy stalker.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

not sure if you want to be implying what you're insinuating here, that no father figure = gay

I think OP was just trying to make a lighthearted joke, I doubt those were their intentions.

To reply you must either login or sign up.