Forum › Hello, Melancholic! discussion

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

stayed for the side characters' romance lol, but it's really sad it got axed...i saw potential destroy itself before me...

joined Jul 23, 2017

Oh no, why did it get axed so suddenly??

joined Jun 30, 2016

It felt rushed, a time skip out of nowhere, it feels it could have been much more with the characters, a shame cuz i really like the story.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

It was a bit sudden but I think yayoi handled it really well. This was such a fun and cute story. Quite satisfying I would say.

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 5:17PM

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

That was fast.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

(Not really spoilers, but I still want to hide this lol)
Even though it was axed, I didn't really feel like it was going too fast. I personally really liked the pacing and think that's a satisfying way to end this pretty amazing manga.
It has characters with interesting personalities, a nice art-style, relatively unforced drama that was resolved quickly imo, and even a sidestory that wasn't too boring (I tend to dislike side-couples, because they often aren't as interesting to read as the main one imo) and the musical aspects weren't overwhelming to a non-expert like me.
This might be one of my favorite yuri-mangas in a long time!

Great read, very entertaining and nice!

joined Aug 15, 2018

I really liked this series. It was cute, funny and the character were well developed. Moreover there was the right amount of romance to keep the reader hooked. A big thank you for the team who worked on this!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Great ending and Chika best girl!!!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really liked this series. It was cute, funny and the character were well developed. Moreover there was the right amount of romance to keep the reader hooked. A big thank you for the team who worked on this!

Yeah, this was a good one. Can’t decide if it was a mix of the fresh and familiar, or if it made the familiar seem fresh.

So I’d better read it again.

Fb53fe34d432b0bb93d8e4aa74d71e46
joined Apr 1, 2018

I thought I skipped a lot of chapters since it suddenly ended like that but no, it was just meant to end that way. Atleast it's not dragged out like most manga.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think it ended as well as it could for an axed series. The main couple solved most of their problems, and even the side pair wrapped everything up. Only story missing is Ema's. It is a shame we didn't get more development, but it wasn't bad. Thanks everyone who worked on scanlating this!

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 10:18PM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Not gonna lie, it ended so abruptly it made me laugh a lot xD.
Putting the ending aside, I really liked what we got.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

aw man, wanted it to go on more, but guess this is it. Honestly, though, I didn't really feel that bad (weeellll, except not giving closure to the side couples and ema...) due to the pacing, guess I'll re-read this once again, def. one of my fav.s

last edited at Jan 2, 2021 2:36AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

We lost a lot of potential energy there with the rival band. Tragic, I wanted to see that develop.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Axed.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Even though it was axed I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favorites, it's sad that this is a what could've been though. I'm still glad it ended on a happy note and that everything was resolved with no cliffhangers (except for Ema's relationship). A good job to Ohsawa Yayoi too for managing the pacing well with the limited amount of chapters she had left. If people didn't tell me it was discontinued I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all. It's a good and real story though, I wonder why it got cancelled

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

If this WAS axed then I thought that the author did a pretty good job of wrapping things up in one final chapter, overall a very enjoyable series.

joined Aug 23, 2018

Weird, it felt like a natural conclusion for me with this manga. Wouldn't have thought it was short cause it was axed. Really enjoyed this one a lot, no real complaints. Loved the central couple and the side couple probably had a lot more depth then could have gotten for a axed series. I don't think it would have helped this story if they dragged out the main characters romance for too much longer.

Besides Ema who felt very underwritten maybe delving into Hibiki relationship with her father, I think the main couple and side couple got happy endings. The author did a amazing job to tie pretty much everything up with a nice bow.

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 2:01AM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

What a great manga. I loved both of the couples' stories, and it generally just left a strong impression on me. I especially liked Hibiki's many facial expressions.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

For an axed series, it ended pretty well. Only real remaining question is what's up with Ema, and who is she always talking to.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Y'know, this was really cute, but the conclusion to Chika and Sakiko's arc didn't make a lick of sense to me.

"I'm worried about the fact that you seem to be ignoring everything else in your life, including your own well-being, to focus on me."
"no u"
"Damn, can't argue with that."

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Y'know, this was really cute, but the conclusion to Chika and Sakiko's arc didn't make a lick of sense to me.

"I'm worried about the fact that you seem to be ignoring everything else in your life, including your own well-being, to focus on me."
"no u"
"Damn, can't argue with that."

The way I understood it, Chika liked Sakiko because she was so free-spirited and didn't care about what people/society expected of her. So when Sakiko started giving her all her attention, she felt like she was restraining her and stripping her of that freedom.

However, in the end she understood that "living for just one person" was Sakiko's way of exercising that freedom. Hence, by living for Chika, Sakiko did in fact stay true to her nature and to what made Chika feel attracted to her in the first place.

Hope that made sense...?

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Can’t believe I slept on this manga for so long, it’s fantastic!!

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

there should be a gay panic tag for works like these

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

God that was one of the best works I've read so far on this site. God the main relationship is so cute and endearing and like frustrating but in a good way? (so many works i've read where I'm just punching the wall cause I'm so irritated but it wasn't the case with this one).

The side couple between Chika and Sakiko was one that I adored and it nearly overtook the main relationship in my heart honestly, it was so interesting and fun and I loved their dynamic and history overall.

One thing I'm kinda sad about is that we really didn't get any reveal or conclusion about Ema's life or lover huh. She was nice and a good support character but I feel like we never really got to explore her as a person compared to the other members of the cast.

Overall, amazing story, great characters, literally what hibike euphoneum was trying so hard to be. And aside from the romantic aspect, the way they explored and played music got me all hyped up and gave me flashbacks to when I was in my high school band and made me want to start playing again. Just... UGH so good

To reply you must either login or sign up.