Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

…Okay, that "ghost Kon" theory seems weirdly plausible after rereading the whole thing. >.>

There's narrative content that could support it, but personally I don't think it's likely to be the case. Certainly, at the very least, Kon thinks she's alive and a normal girl.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 11:26PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

There's narrative content that could support it, but personally I don't think it's likely to be the case. Certainly, at the very least, Kon thinks she's alive and a normal girl.

agreed.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ooooh this is getting ineteresting.

joined Jul 26, 2019

I'm not sure if chigawa kon is back from the cave...

Rsz_179c167fc9b4721436df18247349318f9_1_2
joined Nov 29, 2019

Man I feel like these chapters just keep getting shorter and shorter each time

last edited at Feb 12, 2022 12:15AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

My theory that Kon is a ghost/spirit that only Furuka can see is becoming more and more believeable.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wonder why Furuka is so uncomfortable when talking to the kids… It’s not just that they’re too noisy, she seems to have an almost allergic reaction to them…

last edited at Dec 23, 2020 8:49PM

joined Jul 22, 2020

Thank God finally! An update :'D

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Kon turned into a mega sky kaiju

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Midnightgunner posted:

My theory that Kon is a ghost/spirit that only Furuka can see is becoming more and more believeable.

Not really. Kon is clearly heard and seen by people in the first chapters. Her mother and her brother for example.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Where is Koh? She is in page 2, silly.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Waitaminute, has Kon disappeared for real? I remember she was gone after making love with Furuka, but I thought she had just returned home!

If she has vanished, people should be making a ruckus! Especially her family and Furuka! Especially if there's reason to think she's in the cave with the monster!!

joined Dec 24, 2020

Did she really just jump off a cliff to save her phone?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

She didn’t really "jump", she tried to catch it and fell in the process.

joined Mar 19, 2020

Waitaminute, has Kon disappeared for real? I remember she was gone after making love with Furuka, but I thought she had just returned home!

If she has vanished, people should be making a ruckus! Especially her family and Furuka! Especially if there's reason to think she's in the cave with the monster!!

Oh wait so they did actually fuck?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ yes? I mean it wasn't overtly displayed but the things being said overlayed with the images we were given kinda gives that away

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

Not really. Kon is clearly heard and seen by people in the first chapters. Her mother and her brother for example.

No. Read that part again. None of them adressed Kon. When the brother said "sis" he could be talking about the woman coocking. Never It was said she was the boy's mother.

The bullies talked only with Furuka, never to Kon. When that flying bitch said Furuka was "beside that thing" she could be talking about the abolones altar thing.

Kon herself Said everyone in her school ignored her. She was never seen holding a conversation with anyone, but Furuka.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Midnightgunner posted:

No. Read that part again. None of them adressed Kon. When the brother said "sis" he could be talking about the woman coocking. Never It was said she was the boy's mother.

The bullies talked only with Furuka, never to Kon. When that flying bitch said Furuka was "beside that thing" she could be talking about the abolones altar thing.

Kon herself Said everyone in her school ignored her. She was never seen holding a conversation with anyone, but Furuka.

Yeah buthere, Kon really seem to answer to the little kid. It's her who said they're Kaijuus not the other person and judging by how the littlekid continue, he seem to have heard her.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ About that page… It’s interesting because it’s actually a bit more ambiguous in Japanese, due to how interchangeable names and pronouns are.

img

Shiro: "Tsuuka, kore ningyô chau mon!!"
Kon: "Kaijû naa…"
Shiro: "Kaijû wa kono shima ni mo Hisondon ya de!! Sou… ano ’Kaijuu ana’ ya. Kon-nee mo mukashi mita ttsuttotta shi." ("There’s a kaijû on this island too! Ya know… in that ’Monster’s hole’. Kon-nee even said that she saw it once.")
Mom(?): "Ii kara katazuke naa!"
Kon: "Anta ni sono hanashi shitakke…?"

I naturally assumed he was addressing her directly when I translated, henche the "you", but he could just as well be talking about her.

And between that chapter and the latest one, he only seems to talk about Kon in the past tense (he doesn’t seem panicked about her disappearance either). Sooo… nothing’s sure, but if Kon was dead all along, it would still make sense.

Or maybe we’re just reading too much into it. :P

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 6:53PM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I'll stand by what I said last chapter in regards to the "ghost Kon" theory: There's narrative content that could support it, but personally I don't think it's likely to be the case. Certainly, at the very least, Kon thinks she's alive and a normal girl.

I will say the current chapter indicates pretty strongly that there must be some connection between her and the monster. We'll have to wait another couple of years to get enough chapters to find out anything for sure.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

Yeah buthere, Kon really seem to answer to the little kid. It's her who said they're Kaijuus not the other person and judging by how the littlekid continue, he seem to have heard her.

Yes, yes. But the kiddo didn't answer her back. There are several stories out there where the ghost\spirit doesn't know they are dead and try to interact with the living. Just see the Sixty Sense.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Top 10 works you wouldn't think could get an animated trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBBq5CbcpM
and yet here we are!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Top 10 works you wouldn't think could get an animated trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBBq5CbcpM
and yet here we are!

And it's probably just a trailer for the manga release. Can not believe it's the second lately i got baited with animated trailer, between that and Holo Alternative.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"Sensei, your manga is gonna be adapted in anime!"
"Awesome!"
"A 2-minute anime!"
"What? That’s… Yeah, that sounds about right."

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

These sort of animated commercials mean the the publisher is confident in the work, and generally they'll get a full anime later. ...But I'm not sure this series will ever be long enough for that? At least the PV is great

last edited at Mar 5, 2021 6:05AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.