Forum › The Nighthawk Drifts About discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well this is different

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

The husband's only "sin" was marrying a Lesbian. It's not really his fault, that he didn't notice as heteronormative life can blind people to the plainly obvious.

Perhaps, he believes that his wife doesn't enjoy sex because of his own failings (which he would never admit to).

There is also the fact that Yukako didn't peg to the fact that SHE is a Lesbian. She kind of dreads her husband's touch. She's trained herself to react to him, to please him, but the charade is starting to break down.

I think Yukako needs a reckoning. Her cheating on her husband isn't fair to him. Her dragging Chinami into it isn't fair to her. Yukako was the one who broke their relationship off, so she could be "normal." Now, she regrets it.

There needs to be a lot more truth-telling and a lot less sneaking around. I also get the feeling that Chinami is not at all happy about being "The Other Woman."

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I hate every single character in this manga. Not gonna bother reading this lol, but that's not to say that I don't appreciate the scanlators!

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 2:19PM

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

This is fantasy since I know of a few happily married couples who's wives have girl lovers for decades. This is drama for the sake of nothing.

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 2:19PM

joined Dec 8, 2019

This has serious "Run away with me, Girl" vibes, except if Maki had a spine and was kind of vengeful.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I actually felt really bad for the husband until the sixth page, and to be honest, I still kinda do, I mean fuck his wife is literally NTRing him behind his back lol, although I guess some aspects of it are also kind of his fault, seems like a pretty shitty stressed out dude overall. I can already tell this series is gonna be a fucking rollercoaster.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I hate every single character in this manga. Not gonna bother reading this lol, but that's not to say that I don't appreciate the scanlators!

This, this is a quality post.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I know, right? I wish more people were like this person. And on that note, thanks for the kind words!

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 2:44PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Yokako it is cause you’re queer.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I know, right? I wish more people were like this person. And on that note, thanks for the kind words!

Yeah I'm very rarely a fan of cheating in stories, but I always appreciate the efforts of the scanners/translators. It's often thankless work and takes a lot of time.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm always amused by tags on this site. "Het on page 19 and 20" as a tag as if some sort of trigger warning...

It's almost like tags also serve to enable people to avoid things they don't want to see

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 3:15PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

FluffyCow posted:

And then we also have one where the husband is nice, Even Though We're Adults

Since I love Shimura Takako, I wish someone would continue the translation.

There's up to chapter 20 out there, but I only found Chinese translations. Not even the raws.

My Japanese is already not that good (but I can manage), but my Chinese is non existent.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Objectives:

• Create a husband character that is so shitty

Completed

Lol. Reminds me of the husband from... Dang, can't remember the title. The one with the high school loves reuniting, but one is married and pregnant with her shitty husband's kid.

Here

So 3 series recently with women cheating on their husbands. I wonder how much of a story setting trend this will be.

Huh I totally forgot about this one even though I liked the story so much.

And I kinda like the premice of this story too.

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

FluffyCow posted:

Since I love Shimura Takako, I wish someone would continue the translation.

Doubt a scanlator would pick it up again considering it got licensed by Seven Seas recently. Though it doesn't come out till sometime February of next year.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Zeitgeist posted:

Doubt a scanlator would pick it up again considering it got licensed by Seven Seas recently.

There's many scanlators that don't care about stuff being licensed.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This is fantasy since I know of a few happily married couples who's wives have girl lovers for decades. This is drama for the sake of nothing.

This has got to be the strangest post I have read in a long time here. I am assuming you are talking about open marriages (otherwise it is just straight up cheating and it is only "happy" because one side is unaware of said cheating). Such arrangements are rare. Most times when married people sleep around with folks other than their spouse, it is just straight up infidelity, regardless of the genders involved.

"This is unrealistic because I know a couple of very rare examples of people doing something vaguely similar and being happy." This manga is not depicting an open marriage, it is depicting plain old cheating. The two are not the same. The first is relatively rare, while the second is rather common. Equating the two and then calling the second one a "fantasy" because the first one exists is nonsensical.

And if you were not talking about open marriages, then your post makes even less sense, which is really saying something.

As for the manga itself, I am seconding the person who said they hated every single character here. I eagerly await further chapters~

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

Objectives:

• Create a husband character that is so shitty

Completed

Lol. Reminds me of the husband from... Dang, can't remember the title. The one with the high school loves reuniting, but one is married and pregnant with her shitty husband's kid.

Thinking of run away with me

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Weak premise, uninteresting characters, overused plot (girls can't love girls, where have I seen this before?), a shame, really, because the art is pretty good.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Hetorare

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I'm slightly scared and a little stressed out by this manga but I'm gonna strap myself in for the ride because why not? I wish us all a safe journey through this probable rollercoaster of a series. Good luck =)

Does ‘lesbian trapped in het marriage due to societal expectations’ exceed the tag character limit?

Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

^ 'lesbian in het relationship' should resume it

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Weak premise, uninteresting characters, overused plot (girls can't love girls, where have I seen this before?), a shame, really, because the art is pretty good.

Yeeeeah / It doesnt become magically good or realistic just because you added cheating or drama init / still maybe It can become something more

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 7:27PM

20201202_205313
joined Jun 4, 2020

I hate cheating story no matter how cute or hot the characters are.. But I appreciate this new addition to the adult life tag. I've been dying to read new stuff in this tag.

Thank you translator

I really dislike all of the characters and want to drop this but I kind of want to continue reading this because I relate to Yukako so much and I want to see if she progresses. Decisions, decisions.

To reply you must either login or sign up.