Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Maybe he's just a nice guy and will literally just appear for the festival. Kase and Yamada just need to talk it out... perhaps that sleepover plan can happen earlier.

One possible twist, in a similar vein, is for him to be interested in her, but for completely unrelated reasons: namely they want a third cast member for her show and Yamada's moe appeal has the potential to sell really well.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Takashima Hiromi: Today, we're going to focus on the concept of envy.
Readers: Sensei, this is the tenth time you've brought envy to Yamada and Kase-san.

Anyway, if Hyacinthus here showed up in a Western sitcom, he'd definitely be gay- popular with the chicks, into an artistic hobby, gets everyone hot and bothered before revealing that he's actually dating the professor, the works. Dunno if Takashima's gonna pull the same gag, though realistically, I see no reason for the dude to care about Yamada. Maybe he'll just end up giving them some good relationship advice? You'd think a Flower Prince would excel at making lilies bloom.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yamada's internal monologue on pg 16 seems weird to me. It starts with "Wait, I know him! I know who that is!!" Which makes it sound like she recognizes Seki from some context outside of being an actor. However, her next thought is "In fact ... He's just like he is on TV!," which swings it back to her recognizing him for his role on the show.

On its own, that would be pretty normal, but those thoughts immediately follow him introducing himself, which immediately followed a discussion about how he'd be the guest celebrity. It feels a bit like going to a Niel Gaiman book signing and thinking "Oh Wow! I recognize that guy at the table, signing books! It's Niel Gaiman!" That shouldn't be shocking or a realization, right?

Am I missing something here?

i thought the difference was because she didn't expect him to be teaching the class along with the other guy, but then again idk ^_^;

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Yeah the whole getting jealous plot is getting really irritating and annoying. Like come with something new god dammit. They both in college, there so much things you can do, but nope, just recycle same plot.

SuperSexyCommandoKyouko
joined Sep 6, 2020

I know this is just "Kase getting jealous part 1000" but given how pretty that guy is (and the fact that he even has a face) makes me wonder if that's actually a crossdressing girl. Which wouldn't really make much sense, but I like the idea of Kase getting even more jealous that it's a girl this time lol

Now that would be something.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Yeah the whole getting jealous plot is getting really irritating and annoying. Like come with something new god dammit. They both in college, there so much things you can do, but nope, just recycle same plot.

Well, at least it's good education on why long-distance relationships suck, for most part. Especially for insecure jelly-bean girls like Kase.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, seeing how they just made plans for Christmas (and Kase took a critical hit again with that invitation to stay over), hopefully this will be a chance to show that they've grown enough through all the previous misunderstandings to avoid any drama this time.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I miss when this manga wasn't about Kase-san being terrible.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Has she been terrible, though? Last time it was rumors started by other people and Yamada misunderstanding things, and we don't actually know yet how she will react this time.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

But Kase's always been a skirt peeping deviant.

10565163_743008845759906_7288022486001237074_n
joined Jun 24, 2016

It's actually not that bad, bruh. (΄◉◞౪◟◉`)

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 7:42AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Nostradami of Doom are strong again this season I see.

I’ve never figured out the payout rate for correctly predicting how future chapters of a manga are going to suck, nor where a reader goes to pick up their winnings.

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 8:20AM

joined Sep 4, 2016

Gee, I think we can see the plot coming a mile away. Fancy Flower Prince is going to somehow fall for Yamada. Kase will see them in a semi-compromising situation and will get jealous and run away. Yamada will reject the guy and chase after Kase. Misunderstanding will be cleared up. Boom chicka wa wa on X-mas eve. Rinse and repeat. I really do like this manga, but the constant recycling of plots is getting annoying.

joined Dec 5, 2018

really ? we gonna get more jelious stuff again ? REALLY ???? LIKE WTF AUTHOR ??? YOU OUT OF IDEA OR SOMETHING ?

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 12:29PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's tired of the jealousy plotlines.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Maybe this storyline will show that they've grown and have them handle it more maturely this time. It's also possible that maybe this'll lead to Yamada coming out to Hana-chan (maybe?)

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Could be wrong, but this prince is a princess don't know much about boys, but not all of them wear flower clips like that, and those quasi-boobs down that side panel are not fooling me at all, also, Tomoharu might be a male name, but Seki, as far as I know, it's female too, we'll see.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Could be wrong, but this prince is a princess don't know much about boys, but not all of them wear flower clips like that, and those quasi-boobs down that side panel are not fooling me at all, also, Tomoharu might be a male name, but Seki, as far as I know, it's female too, we'll see.

The Prince also has a very visible adam apple in every panel he's in, so I'm not so sure about him being a girl.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The Prince also has a very visible adam apple in every panel he's in, so I'm not so sure about him being a girl.

Plot twist: the prince may be nb

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

but not all of them wear flower clips like that

Well they don't all work on a gardening show too.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Plot twist: the prince may be nb

Just like many flowers.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well... this looks like it's ripe for misunderstandings with the picture with the "flower prince" and Kase primed to be taking care of her sick roommate who is probably developing a crush on her and Yamada has already been jealous of for a while...

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

I see it going two ways.

Kase-san finally getting jealous or he is a playboy and after Yamada's panties and Kase will realise this, but Yamada won't believe her and there will be a bit of falling out with Yamada just seeing him for his TV personality.

inb4 he's a dick to justify Kase antagonizing him like she's done with all the faceless guys who ever dared to speak to Yamada regardless of their intentions.

Pretty much this, Kase-san's role, in general, has been to "save" Yamada from boys, so I expect it go down that route again.

But maybe the author can finally do something different.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Pretty much this, Kase-san's role, in general, has been to "save" Yamada from boys, so I expect it go down that route again.

But maybe the author can finally do something different.

At the very least, it'll be interesting if Kase's paranoia about Yamada attracting no-good boys turns out to be completely unfounded this time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.