Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm still with the first statement, i'm kinda tired of the "all main cast are lesbians" trope

Strawberry Panic Intensifies

I'm fine with it, better than "all guys are assholes"

Also, can anyone remind me of the name of the pigtail girl?

Do you mean Hana-chan, or Mikawacchi?

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'm still in the process of reading this, just read the prequel and now I'm getting caught up here

But this manga really needs the "Idiot Couple" tag, I swear.

joined May 8, 2017

No joda... FINALLY! ch17 P28 (or as far as my memory would let me remember a situation alike before!).

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

This is interesting news, first I heard about Takashima illustrating a new series, though its a LN and not a full blown manga.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 12:28PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This is interesting news, first I heard about Takashima illustrating a new series, though its a LN and not a full blown manga.

It's a fairly old series, but has only recently gotten licensed.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Oh no, he has a face

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh no, he has a face

XD

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why do i feel like kases gonna get the wrong idea about yamada and mr bishounen over here

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I know this is just "Kase getting jealous part 1000" but given how pretty that guy is (and the fact that he even has a face) makes me wonder if that's actually a crossdressing girl. Which wouldn't really make much sense, but I like the idea of Kase getting even more jealous that it's a girl this time lol

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Right then, Kase, now is the time to process this calmly and reasonably without getting any wild delusions, okay? Okay?

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

How many times is this going to happen, I hope the author didn't develop Alzheimer's

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Unfortunately, it seems like with the established dynamic of barely meeting each other this will be, more or less, repeated until they finish the first year and move in together.

Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me, but it feels like it's usually Yamada who's on the receiving end of insecurities, so this time around Kase can have a ride.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

All these familiar places...

Seriously... I dunno about this flowerly prince. He gives off some serious rapey vibes...

last edited at Dec 2, 2020 5:13PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

All these familiar places...

Seriously... I dunno about this flowerly prince. He gives off some serious rapey vibes...

Personally i thought he might be gay with Densuke but that's maybe just me.

last edited at Dec 2, 2020 5:18PM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Definitely just you.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch06#5

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Definitely just you.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch06#5

I definitvely miss that part. Well maybe at least our Bishonen here is gay or maybe will be interested in Hana.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i’ve been in EXACTLY yamadas position lmao. about a year ago i found out sidney gish was going to be playing in my city and i was so excited for like a month straight omg. she’s literally my idol and i’ve been obsessed with her music and aesthetics and all that since like 2016, but it’s all purely as a fan. when i finally got to meet and talk to her a friend took a picture of me smiling like an idiot and it sent it to my bf(there were no bad intentions dw). we’re both guys but he still kinda questioned me a little about how into women i was, and now i can totally see how being such a huge fanatic of someone can feel bad for your partner, even if to you it’s just as a huge fan and nothing more

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Big jelly incoming.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I know this is just "Kase getting jealous part 1000" but given how pretty that guy is (and the fact that he even has a face) makes me wonder if that's actually a crossdressing girl. Which wouldn't really make much sense, but I like the idea of Kase getting even more jealous that it's a girl this time lol

You just said things that I want to be reality ahaha
Interesting that now we finally see Kase feeling insecure now. We know she's often very possessive, but I don't think she's ever actually been afraid of actually losing Yamada to someone before

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

what? she's been afraid of losing yamada to someone else several times?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yamada's internal monologue on pg 16 seems weird to me. It starts with "Wait, I know him! I know who that is!!" Which makes it sound like she recognizes Seki from some context outside of being an actor. However, her next thought is "In fact ... He's just like he is on TV!," which swings it back to her recognizing him for his role on the show.

On its own, that would be pretty normal, but those thoughts immediately follow him introducing himself, which immediately followed a discussion about how he'd be the guest celebrity. It feels a bit like going to a Niel Gaiman book signing and thinking "Oh Wow! I recognize that guy at the table, signing books! It's Niel Gaiman!" That shouldn't be shocking or a realization, right?

Am I missing something here?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

inb4 he's a dick to justify Kase antagonizing him like she's done with all the faceless guys who ever dared to speak to Yamada regardless of their intentions.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Dude's probably gay and ends up helping Kase become Yamada's "flower prince".

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Maybe he's just a nice guy and will literally just appear for the festival. Kase and Yamada just need to talk it out... perhaps that sleepover plan can happen earlier.

joined May 7, 2017

It is really a shame how stale, lackluster and boring this story has gotten since the inception of their college days, these side characters are so weak they add little to nothing to the story, the magic in Kase-san was they living their little romance with no one around to annoy them, that was has sold the story to me, not these useless dramas nor sidecharacters (which I don't mind, as long as helps main characters to build their personalities/growth, etc or are meaningful to the story)

To reply you must either login or sign up.