Forum › It's Tough Being Neeko discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Or maybe its because the author makes the faces too similar to each other , sometimes i dont know wich is neeko an wich is her friend like in this comiket chapter in certain panels.

yep. this mangaka is pretty bad at that. neeko and uri are nearly indistinguishable in this chapter. doesn't help that uri made a "neeko face" on page 104....

joined Aug 21, 2017

Cool, progress

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Help, this manga is too relatable.
Glad Neeko is making progress though.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

neeko used up all her spoons...

Ah, so that is what it's called. I read about the general idea of rationing energy in Kahneman's book, where he talks about the limited pool of attention/focus we all have, but he doesn't attach a name to it. I am guessing Miserandino's work wasn't academic enough for him to cite...

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 5:19AM

joined Mar 5, 2016

Ah, so that is what it's called. I read about the general idea of rationing energy in Kahneman's book, where he talks about the limited pool of attention/focus we all have, but he doesn't attach a name to it. I am guessing Miserandino's work wasn't academic enough for him to cite...

"energy rationing" is already a name

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"energy rationing" is already a name

Yea, but it's more of an economics term.

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 7:32AM

joined Aug 8, 2020

Damn Neeko is me. This shit hurted.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

the spoons thing is just a useful metaphor to explain some of the ways metal illness affects one's day-to-day life. i use it when talking to people who have a hard time understanding what depression/anxiety means for me personally.

neeko being exhausted for days after doing something so intense is something that i experience too.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

the spoons thing is just a useful metaphor to explain some of the ways metal illness affects one's day-to-day life. i use it when talking to people who have a hard time understanding what depression/anxiety means for me personally.

neeko being exhausted for days after doing something so intense is something that i experience too.

While the term has primarily been used in the mental illness context, I think it applies more broadly, too. Because consciousness is a biological process, it makes sense that the same rules of exhaustion apply to the brain as to muscles: both can get exhausted after using them for long enough. It's just that for people with mental illness, this limit is much more apparent, just like a person with an arm injury will not be able to carry heavy stuff very far. Then again, a bodily injury is often obvious to an outside observer, while mental illness is not, and furthermore, things like maintaining focus for prolonged periods of time is taken for granted by those who've never suffered from mental illness.

TL;DR: Everyone has a limited number of spoons to give, but only people living with mental illness have to ration them in day-to-day life.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Running out of spoons (specifically, teaspoons) used to be the main limiting factor that determined when I had to do the washing up. Eventually I realised that, if I'd only used the spoon to stir my coffee (the most common scenario), I could get away with just rinsing it under the tap and use it again for the next cup. Of course, this was after I'd bought myself more spoons... Anyway, nowadays it tends to be knives instead.

On reflection, I'm not sure this is very useful as a metaphor...

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

This series (but this ch in particular) hits pretty close to home...

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

[28] finally some yuri (bait) in this series. more importantly, a lot of readers had assumed that imoko wasn't as oblivious as she lets on, and this chapter confirms that.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And it even says non-alcoholic on the bottle...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Imoko was just looking for a convenient excuse to drop the charade and let her true self shine through, pretending not to remember anything afterwards. She is really a scary woman, in an awesome way.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

The only time Imoko lust will wake up and she didn`t enjoying

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Wow, what a giant injection of gay. Imoko OP

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Sweet sake unleashes Imouko-chan's gay side? Did not see that coming.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, THAT was a thing. lol

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

lol. well that was one way for Imoko to tell her sister how she really felt.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Imoko was just looking for a convenient excuse to drop the charade and let her true self shine through, pretending not to remember anything afterwards. She is really a scary woman, in an awesome way.

I missed that detail!

Yeah that put Imoko’s move in a different light.

joined May 24, 2014

Her yuri-ness is ABOVE 9000!

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Well, we know for sure that her classmate (not her friend, well she too, but I'm not talking about her) is hella gay for her now-

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Ah yes, finally some non-subtext NeekoXImoko

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Imoko is putting together a harem

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That was hella gae everywhere lol !! too much power!!! and revelations too...

You know is actually wrong, she's saying those mean things in public and creating traumas just to keep her sister secluded and all to herself, she might be doing it unconsciously when she's sober, but is good to know that there was a reason and is not that her family was being naively awful handling the situation sometimes, because we discussed that many times.

To reply you must either login or sign up.