Forum › It's Tough Being Neeko discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

drhelsing posted:

Oh jeez, a soul-crushing job. She shoulda taken it and toughen up just like everyone else.

If only toughening up was so easy. And why there should be need to toughen up in the first place. Here is a crazy idea. Let's maybe make a world where living a happy, stress-free life is a norm, not exception?

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wait, wait, wait!! I just realized there are two chapter 31s!! How’d that happen?

Otherwise, oof! That’s harsh. The sad thing is, she was more prepared for most of those interviews than half of the people that I’ve interviewed for open positions where I work.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 6:22PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's interesting if you think about this from the other side. Neeko went into this interview thinking it was her one last chance at getting a job, with her self-esteem already driven into the ground and depression taking hold.

These guys went into this interview thinking this was a technicality and they'd already decided they were going to hire her. They're bored and uninterested because it doesn't really matter and yeah, why the hell DO we need so many people for this phase? The guy says she should move because the commute is hell, He probably thinks he's giving her good advice and broadcasting that she's got the job. She took it as an unreasonable demand that she has to capitulate to in order to keep the possibility of getting hired.

They don't see how abusive they're being, because they aren't thinking of this event as being meaningful in any way, but to her, this is the key to all of her self worth and her entire future, so they just crushed her without even realizing it.

That is a very optimistic take on the situation, and while it would be nice if you were right about this, seeing how we only experience the interview through Neeko's filter, the one guy possibly giving good advice does not negate them deriding her motivation and skills before that.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying they aren't being assholes. Just....I dunno. Thinking about it that way makes you consider the ways thoughtless words can cause real harm. Just something to consider, I think.

joined Jun 25, 2021

I still think the 'Depressing as fuck' tag is all wrong.
And the 'Aaaaaangst' tag is borderline.
There's a difference between a real depressing story, like something denouncing social evils like abject poverty or racial discrimination, and an 'Awwwwwww poor bay-bee!' kind of story where you just want to hug the lead character to make everything better.

hardship is not what causes depression
or I guess I should clarify. external hardship isn't what causes it

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 10:14PM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Ugh she was so motivated to get a job- but after all the work it felt so burdensome that when she got the job, she didn’t have any more motivation for it!
I’ve had interviews before but dam, I hope I never get ones like Niito

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

Did she turn grey from this? That's kinda fast.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

That was really sad and tough, Neeko failing lots of times that she had given up hope. Hoping that her friends and family gives her the courage to get a work, start taking proper of herself and get better.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ch38 Bro why is her mother like this, ffs, she finally got a job she enjoys and is peaceful, everything is improving all around but the mom thought "let's put more pressure on her!" noooo, if she actually gets a better job, after a year the mom will come and say But why aren't you married?!

joined Apr 28, 2021

Is this not getting translated anymore?

joined Mar 15, 2024

Does anyone here know Uri's full name, if there's still anyone around to tell me that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.