Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

I don't want to jump to conclusions yet about the mother sabotaging their relationship... but it really looks like that T.T
Hopefully they make the best out of it

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

BRUH

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thank you Miharu!

Chapter 20 developments reaction: Noooo! No no no no no no no! What the heck.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I audibly said BITCH FUCK OFF when auntie did that. It really seems she still has an attachment to Indou's mom. To go after the daughter tho... DAMN.

joined May 1, 2015

Thank you Miharu

Nanako
joined Sep 28, 2020

Damn, really acquiescing good yuri with this.

joined Aug 21, 2017

BRUH

B R U H

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

The fact that this series is set within an alternative version of Japan that instituted an all-woman wing of the armed forces way back in the early 20th century still feels kinda surreal to me. Like, I get that your average yuri series won't get anywhere near long enough in serialization to both explore the main relationship in depth and flesh out the details of the world, but it's honestly just such a fascinating setting that we'll never learn more about because this series seems to be approaching a climactic arc. It's a shame, because the premise seems ripe for a 500-chapter, alternate-history period war drama about WLW romance in the backdrop of battle, with soldiers striving to hold on to hope and maintain their relationships even in the face of wartime nihilism and despair, but there's never going to be anywhere near enough demand for it.

I'm not one of those people who argues that if something isn't popular, then it won't be good, but I honestly wish yuri as a genre was more popular, because works like this and Roid just make me wonder about all the wonderful stories we could get if yuri manga had enough demand and security in serialization to approach the depth and scope of works like Kingdom or One Piece instead of being super-niche and primarily oriented with wrapping up the main romance in, like, forty chapters at best.

Then again, even Hirohiko freaking Araki wasn't allowed to put a lesbian romance into Stone Ocean back when it was running in Shonen Jump back in 2002, so I guess mainstream Japanese magazines are just way too focused on pandering to straight male or female demographics to give queer stories the platforms they need. The most popular example of lesbian rep in a recent mainstream series I can think of was Christa and Ymir in AOT, and we all know how terribly Isayama handled that. At least we still get anime-original stuff from people like Ikuhara, so all hope isn't lost, and Urasekai Picnic, which'll be airing next season, is a legitimately great horror/mystery series that also happens to be yuri, so maybe things are taking a turn for the better.

To get back to my original point, I'm guessing this series will probably be ending in around three chapters with a love confession, shortly before Indou and Kagami prepare for deployment. The prospect of them possibly being blown to bits by artillery or dying in trenches in the various terrible wars that punctuated the 20th century kinda puts a damper on the fluffiness of the yuri, but that's military romance for you. It would've been nice to see the author exploring a relationship between soldiers on the battlefield, but I guess a full-blown war drama would be simultaneously too dark and too long for this series to segue into. I hope they at least give us, like, one panel in the last chapter showing that Indo and Kagami survived all the wars and retired safely in some cozy corner of the countryside, though.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Dammit, mom...

I hope they at least give us, like, one panel in the last chapter showing that Indou and Kagami survived all the wars and retired safely in some cozy corner of the countryside, though.

I read this and immediately the end of Izetta came to mind.

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 4:50AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I hope she just slaps her mother but oh well she will probably accept it without complain.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Please tell me that Kagami's mother is not sabotaging their relationship because she is jealous and is actually planning for Indou to be the replacement for her mother. That would be a bit much.

I mean, it's a possibility, but I suspect it's rather that she thinks it's better to separate them now than to have them go through the same that she did with Indou's mom. Not the brightest idea anyone has ever had, but understandable to an extent.

75dc1e2f69501f7e9ed0942ce69e4c0aa25f85aa_00
joined Aug 5, 2020

Thank you Miharu!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To get back to my original point, I'm guessing this series will probably be ending in around three chapters with a love confession

Almost right, manga is already ended with 26 chapters.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Urasekai Picnic, which'll be airing next season, is a legitimately great horror/mystery series that also happens to be yuri, so maybe things are taking a turn for the better.

If Urasekai Picnic flops I'm kidnapping the CEO of anime

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Oof, spicy

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Please tell me that Kagami's mother is not sabotaging their relationship because she is jealous and is actually planning for Indou to be the replacement for her mother. That would be a bit much.

I mean, it's a possibility, but I suspect it's rather that she thinks it's better to separate them now than to have them go through the same that she did with Indou's mom. Not the brightest idea anyone has ever had, but understandable to an extent.

Yeah, that's what I think too.

Oh and thank you Miharu!

So any general idea of when the last 6 chapter's are going to be translated?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is so cute. It makes me want:

—A series set on an all-girl Devils Island, where the worst punishment is that malefactors don’t get their choice of flavors for their milkshakes.

—A series about the French Foreign Legion, only all teenage girls, with comely Bedouin maidens that need to be kept in line by means of pillow fights.

New chapter up on Mangadex, btw.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

—A series set on an all-girl Devils Island, where the worst punishment is that malefactors don’t get their choice of flavors for their milkshakes.

I imagine the characters fulfilling the punishments are basically the Spanish inquisition inquisitors

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I imagine the characters fulfilling the punishments are basically the Spanish inquisition inquisitors

Yeah, but the Monty Python variety.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"It is your job to figure out what lies behind an order..."

Ah so that is why Japan lost the war.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Lmao that credits page is too much.

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 8:02PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it basically translates as “Shut up and obey the order. If you can’t figure out the reason for it, that’s your problem.”

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Shoutouts to Hina for the emotional support. Nothing gets done without it, even if you have a translator and editor. I hope White Garden can find someone for those roles soon! Fingers crossed.

Handbook said once an order is executed, the legitimacy of it can be brought into question later. So they executed the order of removing Kagami, so actually they can ask about the legitimacy of it seems like to me.

Also I am confused. Aoba's name changed to Ooba this chapter? How come?

I bought a volume of this manga from Japan to support the author. Doubt it would make it to official English, which is why I'm grateful for scanlators!

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 10:35PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

They won WWI

To reply you must either login or sign up.