Forum › Our Lives After the Apocalypse discussion

Nyarumi Uploader
Nyarura%20smaller
Secret Society Blanket
joined Feb 3, 2019

Wow, it's kind of hard to look at some of my earlier work haha

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Started reading this on a whim, so glad I did.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Gasps this made it's way too dynasty?! Did not see that coming

Zylellrenfar
Uncertain_prodigy_cropped_300
joined Jul 25, 2018

Ayy! It's good to see this series here.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks very nice.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I initially read the description as "White people have slowly accepted the fate of their race" and was like "okay, fair enough".

joined Sep 6, 2018

Reminds me of “Second Variety”— Figures that what’s left of civilization would be....

joined Aug 21, 2017

The art is pretty nice

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Slightly more furry than YKK.

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This is beautiful. My thanks to those that translated and uploaded this. I've been trying to get Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō uploaded here for a couple of years now and although this doesn't appear to have any yuri elements, it has that same wonderful bittersweet post apocalyptic flavor that Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō did.

Despite being a huge iyashikei fan, I was unaware this title even existed. It's rare I find new stories like this. This made my day.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After reading the first few pages, I was like "Oh... Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō if Alpha went on the roam the world searching for her master instead of staying in a Café."

joined Jan 14, 2020

Though I don't think Alpha ate. It was part of why she could stay in business with almost no customers, she didn't need much. These are some Ridiculously Human (or Canine) Robots.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I love it

joined Feb 8, 2016

I really love this story. I hope it continues to get translated and updated here. The artwork is very good as well.

Tabco%20avatar
joined Jan 17, 2018

Seeing the name Mute made me think of *Mute from Analogue: A Hate Story, although apart from the name there doesn't seem to be any similarity (and I doubt one inspired the other in any event).

Interesting story so far.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Really interesting! I'm liking this so far. Totally didn't expect this to be a food manga in disguise haha

joined Sep 17, 2020

Note at the end of chap 8

I hope you're okay

last edited at Oct 23, 2020 8:41PM

TheWandererMerlin
joined Oct 31, 2020

So is mute actually master after she transferred her conscious into a dog’s body?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Though I don't think Alpha ate. It was part of why she could stay in business with almost no customers, she didn't need much. These are some Ridiculously Human (or Canine) Robots.

Alpha ate, but her energy efficiency and the fact she doesn't need to thermoregulate made her require far less food than a normal human, and you are correct in that was part of the reason she could get by with so few customers. She even had a quirk, if I remember correctly, that she was something of a vegetarian which was unusual for robots.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I don't remember this girl. I guess I need to go back and reread.

EDIT: Ok, they're from chapter 4.

So, anyway, what are those pale trees? Some substance that destroys organic material, apparently, but where did they come from? Last chapter Mute said the reason she was in that body had something to do with "the lab past the railway" and her friend said "It's advancing fast then." DOes that have something to do with this?

This series is a bundle of mysteries.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 9:42PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Nyarumi, thank you so much for your work and the excellent descriptive explanations you give regarding various translations and their meanings. They are so helpful and appreciated. I have been disabled for over a decade, which one of the very few benefits is that I get to indulge in my manga hobby. That's why people like you, Nyarumi and the folks at Dynasty Reader are such a benefit to me that I cannot thank you all enough.

Besides a long time yuri fan, I have been reading sci fi stories since I was 7 years old. I remember being glued to the black and white TV when the first men stepped out onto the moon's surface! This story, Our Lives After the Apocalypse, fascinates me as many other sci fi stories have. I just learned the real identity of Mute, what the lab in the Organic Contamination Zone partially revealed, etc. Fuminonagi-sensei does a fantastic job of keeping the storyline flowing and interesting, mixing well aspects of the scientific technical, food preparation, and the human and maybe not-so-human condition. What is waiting at the end of the road for the main characters and for the planet itself? I am really glad this series is being translated and posted here. I hope it will be able to be completed, whatever period of time it takes. It is right at the top of my favorite manga series.
Jay

Nyarumi Uploader
Nyarura%20smaller
Secret Society Blanket
joined Feb 3, 2019

Nyarumi, thank you so much for your work and the excellent descriptive explanations you give regarding various translations and their meanings. They are so helpful and appreciated. I have been disabled for over a decade, which one of the very few benefits is that I get to indulge in my manga hobby. That's why people like you, Nyarumi and the folks at Dynasty Reader are such a benefit to me that I cannot thank you all enough.

Besides a long time yuri fan, I have been reading sci fi stories since I was 7 years old. I remember being glued to the black and white TV when the first men stepped out onto the moon's surface! This story, Our Lives After the Apocalypse, fascinates me as many other sci fi stories have. I just learned the real identity of Mute, what the lab in the Organic Contamination Zone partially revealed, etc. Fuminonagi-sensei does a fantastic job of keeping the storyline flowing and interesting, mixing well aspects of the scientific technical, food preparation, and the human and maybe not-so-human condition. What is waiting at the end of the road for the main characters and for the planet itself? I am really glad this series is being translated and posted here. I hope it will be able to be completed, whatever period of time it takes. It is right at the top of my favorite manga series.
Jay

Jay, that means a lot to me, and all of the members at SSB. Thank you for such a kind message, and we hope to bring you many more chapters soon!

-Nyarumi

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Umami" deserves a mention: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

Not many people are familiar with it.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 3:56PM

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Just found this. It's great. I love the Artwork and the dystopian setting. Also the TL Notes are very interesting. 10/10.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

This chapter was quite depressing. I mean, it's been nearly 70 years since the occupation ended, and the Japanese are still under the impression that ketchup and processed cheese constitute proper ingredients. The Americans have a lot to answer for.

To reply you must either login or sign up.