Forum › Posts by Nekohito Gensuke

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

This is quite philosophical. It may not be Yoshitoshi ABe or GitS but still. This is exactly why I like Manga so much: there are so many new perspectives and sometimes even enlightening insights. On the downside it is hard to believe that a high school girl would come up with such a masterplan. Nevertheless it is a great plot and really entertaining. Thumbs-up.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Super. This has to be serialized. I would also like the technology to be realized, although I'm afraid that I'd be suffering a liver failure within a week if I had it. ;-p XD

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

I'm always imagining that the sword's voice is Chris Rock. It's is so super hilarious. Being so casual and the urban slang. Best fantasy parody, ever.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

This is soulfood. It makes me want to move to the japanese countryside and never lock my door and work as a carpenter and fix school roofs. And then I wanna eat hotpot in winter and shaved ice in summer. And I would become famous for my authentic sumo wrestler stature and for being the guy with the most luxurious kotatsu in the whole prefecture. XD

I forgot: Of course I will be greeting everyone only with the traditional: "Nyanpasu!" bow

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 9:52AM

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Whoa. Isn't this a little too serious? First I'd like to say that I didn't mean to make anyone mad. Therefore, I used IMHO. Maybe I write that in full next time. Then, what I meant was, that I prefer stories that have a lifelike twist once in a while. And should a work of fiction not have a realistic view on life once in a while? But nevertheless I understand that being confronted with a suicide topic and an irresponsible obusive teacher in a comedy story is not everybody's cup of tea. I didn't like that very much either. Still, I like the story very much, because it reminds of my own boarding school days. @nevri: Right. I was a bit disturbed by the abrupt change of the mood, as well. It literally killed it. But I still hope that all these dampers have been included for some reason, and that it'll develop some really handkerchief watering romance in the end ^v^.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 7:22AM

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

I want to recommend that in addition to the tragedy tag there should also be one for suicide or suicidal tendency if appropriate, because I know that suddenly being confronted with this topic can be very disturbing, especially if one has experienced the loss of a loved person, or even is or was suicidal her or himself. Sure, setting up tags like that, are always spoilers, but tags like beach, onsen or valentine are as well.

I'm just saying. When I read Come Rain or Shine it was really killing the mood, and I thought: not this again! Yes, unfortunately it's not a singular occurrence. This topic appears every once in a while, be it in Manga, Anime or novels. And the only tag that gives a hint about it is tragedy, which doesn't mean that suicide will appear but it could. And if there "only" is an attempted suicide or just the tendency it's likely that it'll be tagged with drama. But stumbling across such scenes accidentally can be dangerous for people who have such issues themselves.

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 5:58AM

Nekohito Gensuke
Suicide tag? 09 Dec 05:49
joined Jun 3, 2020

Waaah!! HOW VERY EMBARRASSING! I'm so sorry....

Anyway, thank you for telling me about this.

Nekohito Gensuke
Suicide tag? 08 Dec 11:50
joined Jun 3, 2020

I want to recommend that in addition to the tragedy tag there should also be one for suicide or suicidal tendency if appropriate, because I know that suddenly being confronted with this topic can be very disturbing, especially if one has experienced the loss of a loved person, or even is or was suicidal her or himself. Sure, setting up tags like that, are always spoilers, but tags like beach, onsen or valentine are as well.

I'm just saying. When I read Come Rain or Shine it was really killing the mood, and I thought: not this again! Yes, unfortunately it's not a singular occurrence. This topic appears every once in a while, be it in Manga, Anime or novels. And the only tag that gives a hint about it is tragedy, which doesn't mean that suicide will appear but could.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

IMHO romance Manga should contain drama as well as comedy, because that's how romance happens irl as well. You'd never have a perfect fun relationship with anyone right from the beginning - there'll always be setbacks and then again victories. So I really appreciate the little twists and also the somewhat despicable teacher. I also hope that things won't become too cozy soon. Sure Miko and Nekozaki must have their happy end, but please, not to soon. Because right now that story is really thrilling and want to know everything about Nekozaki's past and as well as to read more about the side plots. Can it be true? Is Nekozaki really a murderer? And if so, what will Miko have to say about it? I get the goosebumps just imagining it.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Darn it. Here I thought: wow, now I'll find some more otakufood.. But since everybody else's seems to have the same taste..... No more numnum for the catman. But knowing that there are so many like minded guys out there is also a nice thing.

My favorite these days is New Game! because all the characters are so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. And I can't wait for the next chapter of Come Rain or Shine which is quite thrilling right now. ^w^

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Just found this. It's great. I love the Artwork and the dystopian setting. Also the TL Notes are very interesting. 10/10.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Nice story, interesting characters, good artwork here. I like the style. I believe ch1 deserves a blackmail tag. There's no way someone without job would be able to come up with that amount of money. So it's do or die for her.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Omigush. "happiness isn't found, it's built"? Got the goosebumps all over right now.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Erm ... I feel dirty ... no, sticky ... just like someone spilled their saliva on me ... I wanna take a shower right now.

This is the strangest Manga I came across so far. I love how Manga sometimes break every structure, scheme and cliche that are common. But this really is something else. Phew.

BTW: this is my first post here. Hello everybody. Please take good care of me. I hope we get along nicely.