Forum › Posts by jsrail

joined Feb 8, 2016

It really saddens me sometimes to read these older comics which are still filled with such misogynistic plots. Like all she could do was marry that man and give him exactly what he wanted and she earlier claimed she didn't. I didn't mind the clichéd plot up until they got to that point, then I was angry.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Sakuraba is just too cool here! A female Schwarzenegger in the making. I don't know if there is a cuter young couple in recent manga out there? I wish they would hurry and release volume 4 in english. Bought the 1st 3 english volumes as soon as they went on sale. Too bad they are ebooks only, but maybe when its done they'll release a paperback. Yay Tatsubon!

joined Feb 8, 2016

I just saw this and yay for Japan! While the U.S. here tries to reverse the Trump era homophobic and anti-LGBTQ+ executive orders and state laws setting us back from many of the advancements we made in the prior presidency and prior decades of protesting and fighting for rights. Now with the Republican legislatures feeling threatened of losing their power, they are passing draconian anti transgender state laws which will be difficult to reverse unless the majority of anti-LGBTQ+ legislators and their white-supremecists supporters get voted out of office or a less conservative slate of justices rule the Supreme Court. Now we are going to be playing catch-up with some of the other developed nations of the world.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I just happen to read chapter 5 and decided it was another angst filled story based very much in reality, but just makes me sick to read. The whole idea of roles that people believe, for whatever reason, they must fit into, be it culturally or otherwise is unnecessary and heart-rending to read. There is no rule that says a woman must marry a man or a man a woman, Yes, living life as a LGBTQ+ individual is not easy and you may lose the love of family members, but if they can't love you unconditionally, is it really love? Should you really care or worry about structuring your future life just to please them or inherit property? How much is one's dignity worth? These stories that paint people so stuck in a life they don't want is mostly hogwash. Nobody put a gun to their head and said marry this man or woman. Just because they don't want to choose the life which would make them happier in the long run, is no one's problem but their own. I have no pity for them. You reap what you sow. I'm happy for those who love reading about depressed people, but I choose not to read self pity stories and so will pass on anymore of this one.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I thought it was very cute and fluffy and realistic from what friends of mine have said. I grew up in a very small conservative farming town where religion dominated everyone's lives. You can tell there was little to no education at home or school by the large number of early teen pregnancies. This was on both the male and female side. We taught our son starting at age 12, and even that may be starting late these days in America, about sex, masturbating, treating the opposite sex with respect, love, etc. Wish more parents would proactive.
I can't tell what the other manga you are working on, but if it's yuri, it needs to be here!

joined Feb 8, 2016

I have noticed over maybe the last 6 months to 1 year, I could be off as I suffer from epilepsy and my short term memory can get off a bit, but there has been a steady increase in uploaded manga, such as "Everyday Monster Girls" which are an HET manga unrelated to any yuri or gl events in the series. It is basically a harem, fan service manga common on scanalation sites these days. It was noted in comments that the uploaded personnel knew it had been licensed and that chapters should have been taken down as was done with "First Love Sisters." The uploaded comment was that she knew of this but "shrugged her shoulders" and uploaded licensed chapters anyway. My points are twofold, 1) this is the height of hypocrisy to upload licensed manga chapters (again are not yuri/gl) and to delete licensed chapters of a strictly yuri manga volume, and 2) is this mainly a yuri site or not. I have been a member here for many years and the site has always been marketed as a mainly yuri/gl site with the only HET was that which was relative to a yuri or gl story. A commenter named "none" posted that Dynasty was never a yuri site.
I am not sure who is running oversight on this site, but I fear if this trend continues, you are going to lose the support of many diehard yuri fans. If this is a matter of funds needed, why not make an announcement with some different ways funds could be raised. I would personally rather pay a small monthly fee then have to slog my way through many HET fan service stories trying to find those with a yuri or gl tag to make sure I get to the kind of story I want.
As owners of this site, can you please answer us these questions: Is this a site that has and does cater mainly to yuri and gl comic fans? If not, will you remove those things used as yuri marketing tools, such as the little girl in the hat on the D on the header word dynasty?
Because if this is in fact not a yur I site, then I will have ti find another site to refer people to and actually for me to go to as well cause I like going to a site that had 99.9% yuri/gl works. I hope you can answer these for me and I thank you in advance for your time.
Jsrail

joined Feb 8, 2016

this is no longer a yufi site

Except Dynasty was never a yuri site, just a site with lots of yuri. Other kinds of content were here since before I even started using it.

It was marketed as one. That's why the little girl on the "D" in Dynasty on the page header. Don't know where you're getting your info. If it is no longer a yuri site, then make an announcement to all members.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 12:58PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

I uploaded it after all. Shrug.

I am curious as to why you uploaded this, which has nothing to do with yuri, and ye took down the first volume of "First Love Sisters" which is yuri? Both have been licensed and as you stated should be taken down, but you I went ahead and uploaded Everyday Monster Girls. To me this seems very hypocritical and a slam to those of us who have been loyal yuri viewers to this site for many years.
I feel its about time this site makes up its mind, you are either a gl and yuri (HET where its relative to a yuri/gl story) site or are a site like mangafox, mangadex, or whatever they are called. Many, many viewers came because this was a site dedicated to yuri and gl manga. The site seems to be gradually moving away from that and th we refore should not market itself as such. There are plenty of sites who carry most comics, but funny, many of those don't carry many yuri or gl comics. I came here years ago because I could not find a place that carried much translated yuri/gl manga. This was the only site I ever found. And now its no longer that alone. If that is the way it is, stop marketing yourself as a yuri site, you stopped catering to only yuri and gl it seems a short while ago, or maybe they have been being snuck under so to speak, I just know that recently I've noticed a number of HET manga without any relativeness to yuri or gl. It is very sad for me.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 12:57PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

I'm surprised this ever got into Dynasty
@juanelric, I think there might have been a management change here cause a lot more material, especially, non-yuri, is being G uploaded so that this is no longer a yufi site, but an everything goes site, like manganese, mangafox or whatever those other sites are for. You have to really pay attention to the tags cause the last few had "HET" tags and no yuri tag, so I was surprised. I asked about another HET tagged one and the comment back to me was that so long as the content was funny or good, something like that, they would post it, nothing about gl or yuri at all. Maybe they needed more sponsorship money and are forced to accept more HET fan service comics to pay the bills, idk. It's a sad turn of events in my book, the last bastion of yuri and gl in a sea of clichéd HET fan service.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Wish it was the old days of mainly a yuri site. Now I have to tell people its like mangadex, just fewer comics.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

I hope Mikawa-sensei adds to this one-shot or a collection. So many emotions brought out here such as self-worth, wisdom of age, and more, that it made it such a beautiful read. As someone getting on in years (in body only, I'm still a teenager at heart!) I appreciated how she showed that beauty doe s not necessarily end with age. I'm making this a favorite one.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I can easily look past age differences as there is never actual sex. But Hachi-sensei writes stories that often have a wonderful or poignant message to them if you don't get hung up on the age gap. When I ever make it to Japan, she is one mangaka I would most like to meet. You know it says right at the top who the mangaka is people, and enough people know how Hachi-sensei's stories go. It's a bit disingenuous to see the same people always making the same lame comments about age gap. If you have a problem with it, don't read it morons! Geez, it's like talking to toddlers. As a survivor of child torture, I absolutely cannot stand BDSM and consider it nothing less than sexual abuse, but if I see a story with the "BDSM tag", I just pass it by, I don't go on the comments and decry the artist for doing another BDSM comic. This is so common on the overly righteous protestant mindset here in the U.S. and then you hear the very people decrying the loudest here are the next to be arrested for the "actual" act of child molestation! The U.S. is one of the most hypocritical countries on this planet. Ask yourself and research the answer, who has the higher percentage of sex crimes? It's not Japan.

jsrail
Angel's Toy discussion 04 Apr 22:49
joined Feb 8, 2016

It was funny until everyone dies cause she's getting her rocks off!

joined Feb 8, 2016

I've had cats for 30+ years and never once had there ever been a sub and dom type of relationship. I think the reference to the cat here is that her girlfriend comes and goes on her own time frames exactly like a cat that is let to go inside and outside. Frankly, I get tired of this whole dom/sub thing these days as it never really results in a happy relationship unless it is very light and a dom never pushes the other to only do as she wants, never letting the sub choose for herself what she wants, which is what you see in many manga comics these days, even forced sex.
I like this one cause its not one blackmailing the other, she's just forcing her to face the facts. She cannot wait forever for the other to stop overthinking it. But she never said they should break up, so there was no blackmail. I love slice-of-life yuri as well as girl's school love stories, the whole wide gambit of yuri story types. There are so many good yuri stories out there that I can pass on the violence, rape, and blackmail stories that I have no interest in. I saw enough torture and violence as a child to last me a 100 lifetimes, don't need an ounce more. I try to spend my time enjoying great yuri and trying to spread the enjoyment of it more here in the U.S. where censorship reigns and homophobia is king, though we are steadily and slowly changing it (though Trump tried to set it back decades!).

jsrail
Hao! discussion 04 Apr 01:39
joined Feb 8, 2016

Chi-Ran is one of the many manga artists I liked, though I'm sadden to learn she has apparently turned to producing very dark sexual violence comics now (Baka-Updates Manga Artists 21 February 2021). Though I don't believe in censorship, as a survivor of childhood torture and violence, and if this report is true, this is material I find rather offensive. She has such beautiful art and her yuri was mostly work I really enjoyed, I am truly sad that we don't get to enjoy her work here anymore.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

As someone who lost a loved one ten years ago, I can confirm that the pain never goes away -- you just get better at living with it.

on a diff. note, if Miko and the others were seeing and talking to Kiyo's ghost/spirit, shouldn't a supernatural tag be added?

Dreaming of loved ones who died suddenly is not supernatural (speaking from personal experience). The fact that she was the last of their circle who had that dream is rather realistic: the closer you are to a person, the more you are traumatized, and less likely you are to make sense of your dreams. The other two girls were not as close to Kiyo, so they processed her loss faster, and their communication has helped Miko to give a specific form to her own psyche's attempts to cope with Kiyo's death and to repair itself, which is why she saw that dream.

@ Koveras: I lost a fiancé and our unborn child nearly 35 years ago and I can agree with you that that pain never goes away. A portion still remains in a small corner of my heart and every so often in March I get very melancholy and keep to myself. My wife of 20 years is very understanding and has never given me any bad issues about it, in fact, she has been a very supportive person in my life. This story always makes me cry but I think it is beautiful as much as it is painful. It is so very well written I wouldn't change a thing!

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 2:29AM

jsrail
Your Fault discussion 03 Apr 00:16
joined Feb 8, 2016

I don't understand why the mangaka is saying she wanted to write a work like NTR. This story is nothing like NTR. This is just a predator going after prey and the prey's friend finds out and does nothing. In NTR, there are emotional reasons for why one goes after the other sexually, but it isn't as a predator. And in the ending of NTR, both girls finally realize their real feelings for each other and start going out. This is just an inexperienced girl caught up in a predators lies and is just her plaything until she is done using her. The playthings friend finds out she is keeping the relationship secret from her and just does not confront her or say anything to her, she goes home and masterbates. It is just a story of 3 f'd up girls, that's all. You see this story written a thousand times over, nothing new or interesting here. The characters are wooden and the plot cliché. Please don't even think of comparing it to NTR, they are not even in the same universe.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 12:19AM

jsrail
FLY HIGH discussion 02 Apr 06:16
joined Feb 8, 2016

Oh, I see. So someone who likes the comic would request from Dynasty that any comic be uploaded but explain why they think Dynasty should allow it?

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 6:17AM

jsrail
FLY HIGH discussion 02 Apr 06:12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Seems Dynasty is doing a few more HET only comic postings such as this one, unless I am not understanding something clearly. I was under the impression that Dynasty generally only posted HET comics when the comic was a yuri type story and the HET section was a relative part of the story as a whole. Being under that impression, I fail to see how this particular comic fits into Dynasty's general format of mainly yuri or similar stories. Please correct me if I have misunderstood. If I have not misunderstood, could you please explain the reason for the change? (i.e. lack of enough yuri type stories, etc)
Thanks for your time.
P.S. I hope I posted this correctly.

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 6:13AM

jsrail
Image Comments 11 Feb 16:21
joined Feb 8, 2016
Eb_elpsuwaasef8-orig

So, so cute and beautiful. I love Yucatan! Out of all the modern manga couples, they rank right at the top for me!

joined Feb 8, 2016

Does anyone know if this one is slated to be finished or has it been dropped for the witch series? I see there is a comment saying a couple more chapters were added to pixie, but not translated, so maybe the translator quit the series? Just curious, cause I really love her stuff and just found one of her small works published as an ebook in english and sold in the U.S. so I bought it right away. Hope more get published in english in the future.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 5:30AM

jsrail
Liberta discussion 05 Feb 19:56
joined Feb 8, 2016

I don't normally like violent/vampire stories and maybe its the yuri factor, but this manga grabbed me by the cojones and wouldn't let me put it down. Liberta is totally badass, but not a overblown jerk with a huge ego. The way Tatsubon-sensai has put these two women together and how they seem to mesh so well is a testament to her writing skills. Her artwork, of course, is outstanding imo and she's handled the action scenes really well when compared to other mangakas I've read before.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I am sooooooo late (bows deeply), but Congratulations on 10 Years!!! And 10 more, and 10 more.......and on........and on.....:-)
Thanks for all the great yuri you have given us and that still yet to come!
Jay

joined Feb 8, 2016

Nyarumi, thank you so much for your work and the excellent descriptive explanations you give regarding various translations and their meanings. They are so helpful and appreciated. I have been disabled for over a decade, which one of the very few benefits is that I get to indulge in my manga hobby. That's why people like you, Nyarumi and the folks at Dynasty Reader are such a benefit to me that I cannot thank you all enough.

Besides a long time yuri fan, I have been reading sci fi stories since I was 7 years old. I remember being glued to the black and white TV when the first men stepped out onto the moon's surface! This story, Our Lives After the Apocalypse, fascinates me as many other sci fi stories have. I just learned the real identity of Mute, what the lab in the Organic Contamination Zone partially revealed, etc. Fuminonagi-sensei does a fantastic job of keeping the storyline flowing and interesting, mixing well aspects of the scientific technical, food preparation, and the human and maybe not-so-human condition. What is waiting at the end of the road for the main characters and for the planet itself? I am really glad this series is being translated and posted here. I hope it will be able to be completed, whatever period of time it takes. It is right at the top of my favorite manga series.
Jay

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

For some reason all I can smell is menthol. The internet allows perfect anonymity to the sick of mind. (that's applicable to both sugar grannies and grandpas)