Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I thought Naru was older than Kanda, not younger. lol

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 4:56PM

I was enjoying this,but the spoiled girl insisting on calling the boyish girl a guy..it throws me off, I mean is Kanda person actually trans or just kinda plays along "looking like a boy" and stuff?

She's not trans, she just doesn't really care if Ookuma refers to her as a guy, is all.

It’s not that she doesn’t care, she was just worried that ookuma would not love her the same way if she were to find out that shes not an actual boy.

Yeah in the beginning, but after the whole reveal she has no problem with Ookuma referring to her as Kanda-kun, which is why I said she doesn't really care. But anyways my ass commented that because I thought the person was asking about the current chapters before the extras were released, but they were referring to the extras where Ookuma still thought Kanda was a guy.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 4:58PM by

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Owari

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

andro genes go bbrrrr in the blood of this family

51f904c379c04da9bb57683f48e645a5
joined May 3, 2020

Oh yes, this chapter is very nice, thank you dear Sir

joined Jan 11, 2018

I guess the manga was axed?

I mean, one of the most important plot points in the story was the thing with Ookuma's parents, who were super conservative and super strict and forced all sorts of stupid rules on her -- like not allowing her to date anyone unless they explicitly give the relationship their okay! And for that the dating candidate would have to submit a résumé, have an interview with them, convince them that there were serious feelings involved, etc. etc.

There's no way the author would leave those issues unaddressed, unless the publishing company told her to end the series now.

Yeah either the author forgot that plot point or it was going to be a volume three thing and the manga got axed at the end of 2.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Imgur

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 5:09PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The human race does not even deserve Chapters 11 & 12--those were gifts from the gods.

Wanting any more than we have been given is sheer greed.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I guess the manga was axed?

I mean, one of the most important plot points in the story was the thing with Ookuma's parents, who were super conservative and super strict and forced all sorts of stupid rules on her -- like not allowing her to date anyone unless they explicitly give the relationship their okay! And for that the dating candidate would have to submit a résumé, have an interview with them, convince them that there were serious feelings involved, etc. etc.

There's no way the author would leave those issues unaddressed, unless the publishing company told her to end the series now.

I don't think this one is axed. The main story with the main couple has reached a reasonable conclusion at a kind of natural pace. Ookuma is starting to break away from her parents' protectiveness, that's a good start, but diving further into the family matters would require a diversion from the tone of the series so far, so I think it's okay to leave it out if the non-repetitive fluffs might potentially run lower than needed to buffer the drama. Using a fine point in plot like this to end the story on a high note is a good and safe option, imo.
As for the yaoi plot line with Kanda's brother, it's might potentially mirror the story of Kanda and Ookuma or whatever, but I suppose is along the old narration style "but that's the story for another day".
(May I suggest a story that kind of has similar premise at that point? I recommend "Natsuki-kun wa Kyou mo Kirei", involving crossdressing and onesided gay feeling since the crossdresser guy is straight.)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is... Is that ending sequel bait? Because it is really detatched from everything else

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

You know, I'm just glad to have a yuri series that ends on a good note.
Honestly, I'm surprised it lasted three chapters after their grand confession and we got to see them being a couple for a little while.
That was nice

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Noooo, don't stop there! I want them to go on a double date ;_;

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Really don't dig the insinuation that the guy traumatized by women has to be gay. Or conversely that gay guys had to have been traumatized by women/girls.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 5:21PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This was such anice series I really liked it . Art and the stroy was really great but if mangas don't throw unnecessary drama and stupid stories they endup short. Because people really don't wabnt to see a couple's daily life if it is not the main premise. I wish for it to continue but sometimes it is good that it doesn't drag it for too long. And the meain character's best friend is so great if she was the friend of Yamada instead of Mikawacchi To Kase-san series would be more drama free and a more healthy relationship

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 5:27PM

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Really don't dig the insinuation that the guy traumatized by women has to be gay. Or conversely that gay guys had to have been traumatized by women/girls.

I don't think it's an insinuation or a definitive "this is how it is and there's no alternative" kind of statement, but more a one-off random set of circumstances. For example, if a person drank too-hot coffee and no longer likes coffee, it doesn't mean everyone who dislikes coffee dislikes it because they also drank too-hot coffee; some of them probably don't like the smell, some don't like the taste, some don't like the aftertaste, etc etc. The dude having trouble with women because he's traumatized by his sisters is just another one of these random cause -> effects.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Yeah, and Kanda's brother also seemed to suggest that this series was planning to branch out from the main couple into wider themes of romance between people who didn't conform to gender norms, which would've been pretty interesting. The fact that Mochi Au Lait's a veteran author makes it all the more mystifying as to why this was cancelled.

Maybe Mochi and Majoccid have a yaoi series planned for the future, and that ending bit was meant to be a tease for that? Or maybe that sequence is simply meant to be the classic “here we go again” type of ending, only this time with guys. Regardless, highly doubt that this series got axed. That whole sequence at the bar and vending machine is the exact type of thing that would have been cut if from the final chapter the publisher actually opted to cancel the series. The fact it’s there indicates to me that Mochi was planning to bring the series to an end and then set up for her next big work.

Of course, there’s also the bit about Ookuma’s parents that was never fully addressed, but then again, I actually am on the side of some of the people who say that that point didn’t actually need to be directly addressed. We can already see Ookuma slowly slipping away from the sheltered nature her parents cultivated. I’m fine with letting the story address the point in that way, rather than having it rehash the same old parental drama sequence that you see time after time in works like this.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Yesssssssss gay

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Those are some ridiculous pancakes, you can hardly even see them under the weight of everything else lol

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Aaaand the cycle continues for another pairing

While some of the series was bit meh at times and it was a tad rushed, I think it all ended up being a nice ride in the end.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 5:56PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I, for one, am totally on board with a story about Kanda's brother and friend. They're SOOOO CUUUUUUTE.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 6:08PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

oh god oh fu

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Oh... Is there going to be a yaoi side couple?

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The series had lots of down moments but the last chapter wrapped everything up in a nice ribbon, also shiba x brother yaoi would be good pls

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Bonus gay!

joined May 17, 2020

Wait that's the end? It was good but I was hoping for a lot more like the parents finding out and stuff!

To reply you must either login or sign up.