Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Yesssssssss gay

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Those are some ridiculous pancakes, you can hardly even see them under the weight of everything else lol

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Aaaand the cycle continues for another pairing

While some of the series was bit meh at times and it was a tad rushed, I think it all ended up being a nice ride in the end.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 5:56PM

Yokoe
joined Nov 24, 2017

I, for one, am totally on board with a story about Kanda's brother and friend. They're SOOOO CUUUUUUTE.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 6:08PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

oh god oh fu

Profile%20pic%20v4
joined Apr 27, 2018

Oh... Is there going to be a yaoi side couple?

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The series had lots of down moments but the last chapter wrapped everything up in a nice ribbon, also shiba x brother yaoi would be good pls

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Bonus gay!

joined May 17, 2020

Wait that's the end? It was good but I was hoping for a lot more like the parents finding out and stuff!

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Wow, that ending is actually pretty sweet. Short but sweet, was kinda hoping for more like them being introduced to each of their parents and stuff. Though, I do wonder if his friend will get his own short story with Kanda's brother.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Wait that's the end? It was good but I was hoping for a lot more like the parents finding out and stuff!

Yup, the parents thing was not explored at all. This ending left me a little bit....I don't know....

joined Aug 1, 2011

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'd forgotten this series was by Mochi. It's so different from most of their other works, but I really liked the less completely crack tone and setting. I hope we see more in a similar style, if not an outright continuation.

And I don't really see her parents as conservative. Overprotective - sure. But she obviously has 0 issues with dating another girl, even less than a regular person. Maybe she is just an airhead, but I don't think that is something she would be taught in a conservative household of a wealthy family.

It's worth noting that the same openness to new experiences that lead to her easily accepting Mizuki is also shown in other aspects of her personality. For example when she was confronted with new, and potentially unpleasant, dishes she decided to go for them without hesitation. That's more than just ditzyness and it's not a character trait you'd expect from overly conservative households.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 6:45PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh let's do a continuation of the brother and friend pls I'm here for it if they do

20210117_162235_copy_326x400
joined Aug 19, 2020

One of my straight friends asking if I'd like them

Me: I'd never think of you that way. Stop that. What are you thinking? That's disgusting...

Yesss tho, a drawn out expression of feelings, I always love that. I'm gonna miss them, what else can I say. And you can def sign me up for the possible alt story at the end there.

joined Aug 11, 2014

"I think my girlfriend is cheating on me!"

Oh, no.

"I'm just going to go ask her instead of jumping to conclusions."

Oh thank god.

"The pretty girl is at my girlfriend's house! It's true! She really is cheating on me!"

Oh, no.

"I'm just going to tell you the slightly awkward truth instead of trying to cover it up and make things worse."

Oh, thank god.

This chapter was a real rollercoaster with my expectations, wow. And then we had a really sweet last word from Kanda to cap things off. I'm happy with that. Good series, I enjoyed it a lot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Roar%20small
joined Dec 18, 2013

Cute little manga but that ending is such a blatant sequel/spin off hook.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Page 19, top panel almost turned me gay... xD

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Welp of course it's her brother,
I can't believe i didn't see this coming -_-

Neneavysmall
joined May 20, 2013

While it's not unexpected, I did sort of jump out of my chair at the revelation.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

While it's not unexpected, I did sort of jump out of my chair at the revelation.

Ya guys dont know the true power of cosplay

https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1224271190212014080

Neneavysmall
joined May 20, 2013

Ya guys dont know the true power of cosplay

https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1224271190212014080

...Is that a body suit? Suspect elbow folds

Yokoe
joined Nov 24, 2017

Of course it is. Human elbows don't do that, or at least they shouldn't.

Neneavysmall
joined May 20, 2013

Of course it is. Human elbows don't do that, or at least they shouldn't.

Is that what is considered cosplay nowadays? Not judging, I just feel out of the loop...

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

Cute little manga but that ending is such a blatant sequel/spin off hook.

And by god I'd read it

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

Oh...that's the end? First School Zone gets caught up and now this?! Why is life so cruel

To reply you must either login or sign up.