Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

I was enjoying this,but the spoiled girl insisting on calling the boyish girl a guy..it throws me off, I mean is Kanda person actually trans or just kinda plays along "looking like a boy" and stuff?

She's not trans, she just doesn't really care if Ookuma refers to her as a guy, is all.

joined Nov 23, 2018

Sigh.... I'm looking for funny comments such as
"wow bottom kanda NOICE", or
"Sadistic satomi is hawt, she looks like a rich CEO lady fetching her girlfriend from the mobs with the way her jacket hanging on her shoulders havdhdshsh", or
"the kitten actually can ride the lion huh lmao"
in chp12 for the lols

And i was expecting (chp6.5)
"Ookuma is gei and she didnt know it...but it all changes when the fire nation attack-", "mission failed successfully" or "thats how we react when that one person in our group brags about their lover-" kinda comments.

but the thread on the previous and half of this page is too serious for me ╮(─▽─)╭
Same (• ▽ •;)

joined Jan 14, 2020

I was enjoying this,but the spoiled girl insisting on calling the boyish girl a guy..it throws me off, I mean is Kanda person actually trans or just kinda plays along "looking like a boy" and stuff?

I think this was a flashback to before Kanda had come out.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think this was a flashback to before Kanda had come out.

Yeah, Kanda came out in volume 2, and this most recently uploaded chapter is the volume 1 extra.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The zombie part of the extra was so wholesome, truly shows what a good relationship looks like

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Naru

text

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 3:27PM

Download
joined May 10, 2016

Noooooooo pls don't turn this beautiful Yuri story into a bl with the brother and the friend TnT i hope it won't be the main story after that QnQ

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Noooooooo pls don't turn this beautiful Yuri story into a bl with the brother and the friend TnT i hope it won't be the main story after that QnQ

It says "The End" and the series is marked "Completed" here, so I think the most you have to worry about is a spinoff.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 3:31PM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Hate to spoil it for you........but this series is completed.......!! :(

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

A damn didn't even notice it was Completed. Wouldn't mind one more volume of just SoL, but I guess it's still better than overstaying its welcome.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Next spin off, Handsome boy and sheltered boy.

Overall really wholesome and tbh there was not much left they could have done, so not really heartbroken by them suddenly ending.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Nice, Kanda's a Pink Floyd fan.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Looks like we're getting a Yaoi couple too

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

it’s... completed?? NOOOO

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

it’s... completed?? NOOOO

Images
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nice series really liked it looking forward to the author's future series

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Dammit, this is a manga I always looked forward to. The last chapter was nice, but I didn't think it would end so soon.

Also, I don't know what this says about me, but I kind of wished the chapter ended before the restaurant scene.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I guess the manga was axed?

I mean, one of the most important plot points in the story was the thing with Ookuma's parents, who were super conservative and super strict and forced all sorts of stupid rules on her -- like not allowing her to date anyone unless they explicitly give the relationship their okay! And for that the dating candidate would have to submit a résumé, have an interview with them, convince them that there were serious feelings involved, etc. etc.

There's no way the author would leave those issues unaddressed, unless the publishing company told her to end the series now.

Screenshot_2020-05-19%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20a%20love%20letter%20for%20the%20marching%20puppy%20ch15
joined Mar 17, 2020

What do you mean completed? I was preparing for the new ship (゜ロ゜)

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

HAHAHA NICE

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I mean, one of the most important plot points in the story was the thing with Ookuma's parents

I don't agree that it was particularly important. Ookuma is already shown to be breaking out of the protective cocoon when she invites Kanda to her place and in the latest chapter when she says to herself that she doesn't care anymore that her parents are angry at her for missing curfew. I don't think it's necessary to the core of the story to expand on that plotline and what would be necessary to expand on it, meaning some kind of major conflict/drama, would not really fit the tone of the story.

And I don't really see her parents as conservative. Overprotective - sure. But she obviously has 0 issues with dating another girl, even less than a regular person. Maybe she is just an airhead, but I don't think that is something she would be taught in a conservative household of a wealthy family.

I'm not saying it's impossible it was axed, but it also feels fairly self-contained.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 4:34PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I guess the manga was axed?

I mean, one of the most important plot points in the story was the thing with Ookuma's parents, who were super conservative and super strict and forced all sorts of stupid rules on her -- like not allowing her to date anyone unless they explicitly give the relationship their okay! And for that the dating candidate would have to submit a résumé, have an interview with them, convince them that there were serious feelings involved, etc. etc.

There's no way the author would leave those issues unaddressed, unless the publishing company told her to end the series now.

Yeah, and Kanda's brother also seemed to suggest that this series was planning to branch out from the main couple into wider themes of romance between people who didn't conform to gender norms, which would've been pretty interesting. The fact that Mochi Au Lait's a veteran author makes it all the more mystifying as to why this was cancelled.

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

She's not trans, she just doesn't really care if Ookuma refers to her as a guy, is all.

It’s not that she doesn’t care, she was just worried that ookuma would not love her the same way if she were to find out that shes not an actual boy.

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

It’s not that she doesn’t care, she was just worried that ookuma would not love her the same way if she were to find out that shes not an actual boy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.