Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

The real treasure was the relationships we detached along the way.

This made me laugh hysterically, thanks.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Whats with Yuri Hime having so many overly dramatic manga in its magazine. Seriously 90% of their manga is about toxic characters in toxic relationships. Then they wonder why when they turn these manga into anime they don't succeed. It's nice to show that yuri relationships aren't nice and fun but at the same time all they animate are the overly dramatic stories. I think that's why yuri subtext and yuri coming of age manga are usually more popular when they get animated. This is just my opinion.

There are a lot of problems with Yuri anime, but the big one is that they don't seem to care how the series will adapt to the format. For example, I love Adachi to Shimamura, but I think it's a horrible candidate to become an anime. Over 80% of the 'dialogue' is internal monologue, there's very little comedy, and it's an extremely long series (so it will need like 4 anime seasons to reach the end, which it will never get).

There are so many other candidates that would translate more cleanly, but the studios just seem to pick whatever is biggest, regardless of anything else.

Actually, assuming that chapter 20 is the final chapter (don't know if anywhere confirms whether or not volume 4 is the final volume), this series would translate very cleanly to anime. I don't know if there would be an interest, given how flawed the characters are and how smutty the sex scenes are, but there's very little internal monologue, the plot bounces forward at a nice pace, and the length is short enough they could finish it in one extended season.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 8:16PM

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

... POLY ROUTE?!

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Oh, sorry even apologize for disturbed them, that`s so a educated thing to saying in this situatio but hope it mean this Yoru arc is finally finish.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I feel bad for everyone except Yoru. Why did she even sleep with Sei if she knows how obsessed she is with her? To only go back to her unfaithful husband.

I think if Aya didn't show up, Yoru might've begun to pursue something with Sei. As disturbed Yoru is by Sei's obsession with her, I do think she takes comfort in knowing there's always someone who wants her (that in at least one person's eyes she is their number 1) because all the guys she falls in love with always end up cheating on her.

I think it was very common for Yoru to go running to Sei as a rebound in the past so it's what she's doing here. There's a reason why Sei hasn't been able to let go all these years...I think on some level Sei knows that Yoru still cares for her (or that Yoru is also unhealthily dependant on her as well) so she keeps holding onto the hope that Yoru will come back to her.

Edit: ok yeah rereading the last 2 chapters that is basically what is being implied. Yoru straight up asks Sei what Sei would do if she were to break up with her husband (implying she might be interested in a relationship) and the scene before they graduate with Sei saying she'll always be waiting for Yoru no matter what so Yoru knows she'll always have someone to fall back on when she's hurt.

But if the series is ending soon and Yoru really won't be showing up again, by not giving Aya her contact info, she's finally breaking them out of this toxic cycle (that Sei straight up ranted about in the previous chapter)

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 9:04PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Over 80% of the 'dialogue' is internal monologue

Works for Kyon!

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I think we should just list the series as NSFW, already, and give the NSFW Chapters with Sex in them with the "Moderate Amounts of Sex" Tag. Seems like the most logical move considering every other chapter is NSFW and there's like 5 or 6 sex scene

joined Jul 20, 2020

Translator here. Before any comments about it even appear, let me just clear something up: The Japanese word for "childhood friend," /幼馴染/, does not necessarily imply any friendly attachments. It technically just means "someone you have known since you were young." So when Aya says she "doesn't have any friends," she actually means it.

Wow! So in this case I want "nothing" to meet Sakai look in her own mirror where she is going beat the truth out of Mochida who manipulated her, yup she has seen the naked photo, into revealing that Sei let her listen in and walk away
deliberatly then come fully clean to Aya give her the smartphone with the evidence (and Sakai's adress) that Sei betrayed her right from the start stop playing the hero and tell Aya to save herself and then cut ties with her for good and leave.

The best part about Aya is that she is lying to herself when she says she "doesn't have any friends". The only way Haruki can save her is by becoming the antithesis to Sei. That is the only way for Aya to "make Sei happy" she must leave her if she doesn't she will never realize that she is forcing herself to love someone she has at the end developed no genuine feelings for. I still think that Sei's endgame partner is a certain someone who has a special nickname and is part of the yuri class.^^

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

You see, this is how you live up to your title, some authors (tMnR) could learn from that. Pretty satisfied with the direction this is going so far, I absolutely hate Sei and Yoru, (the tomboy girl too, can't remember her name), empathize to an extent with Aya-chan, looks like Yoru's arc is done, let's see how author is gonna untangle the tomboy arc now.

joined Jul 20, 2020

I feel bad for everyone except Yoru. Why did she even sleep with Sei if she knows how obsessed she is with her? To only go back to her unfaithful husband.

I think if Aya didn't show up, Yoru might've begun to pursue something with Sei. As disturbed Yoru is by Sei's obsession with her, I do think she takes comfort in knowing there's always someone who wants her (that in at least one person's eyes she is their number 1) because all the guys she falls in love with always end up cheating on her.

I think it was very common for Yoru to go running to Sei as a rebound in the past so it's what she's doing here. There's a reason why Sei hasn't been able to let go all these years...I think on some level Sei knows that Yoru still cares for her (or that Yoru is also unhealthily dependant on her as well) so she keeps holding onto the hope that Yoru will come back to her.

Edit: ok yeah rereading the last 2 chapters that is basically what is being implied. Yoru straight up asks Sei what Sei would do if she were to break up with her husband (implying she might be interested in a relationship) and the scene before they graduate with Sei saying she'll always be waiting for Yoru no matter what so Yoru knows she'll always have someone to fall back on when she's hurt.

But if the series is ending soon and Yoru really won't be showing up again, by not giving Aya her contact info, she's finally breaking them out of this toxic cycle (that Sei straight up ranted about in the previous chapter)

Wow so Aya is basically Yoru! I mean why does Haruki find her in place she knows she can find her? Both of them must learn to let go!

Doubt that the series will end so soon there is still Sakai left.

joined Jul 20, 2020

You see, this is how you live up to your title, some authors (tMnR) could learn from that. Pretty satisfied with the direction this is going so far, I absolutely hate Sei and Yoru, (the tomboy girl too, can't remember her name), empathize to an extent with Aya-chan, looks like Yoru's arc is done, let's see how author is gonna untangle the tomboy arc now.

Simple! "How the tomboy becomes Anti-Sei and inspires Aya to save herself!"

70c3f8ab-421d-4a3a-a7dd-10f3027d0f65
joined Mar 2, 2020

This is such a dead end, the characters don’t show any change in their behavior. I don’t think the “Yoru arc” is over because everything was about Sei’s obsession with her from the very first chapter, and while she was around Sei had no improvement, I think she even got worse. Where is the author going to go with this mess? Aya is stuck with a potential Sei (tomboy girl), and the real Sei who is not interested in her. If this ends full circle with Aya being Yoru in the future (always falling for people who don’t care about her at all) and tomboy girl being Sei (obsessed and resentful), just ugh.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 10:25PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Oh my God I caught up on this a month ago and I can't remember damn thing. Why am I like this?!?

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Oh my God I caught up on this a month ago and I can't remember damn thing. Why am I like this?!?

That oftentimes happens with Rollercoaster Rides, like these. Shit goes so fast that it's tough to digest everything, hence why a rewatch is necessary.

joined Jul 20, 2020

This is such a dead end, the characters don’t show any change in their behavior. I don’t think the “Yoru arc” is over because everything was about Sei’s obsession with her from the very first chapter, and while she was around Sei had no improvement, I think she even got worse. Where is the author going to go with this mess? Aya is stuck with a potential Sei (tomboy girl), and the real Sei who is not interested in her. If this ends full circle with Aya being Yoru in the future (always falling for people who don’t care about her at all) and tomboy girl being Sei (obsessed and resentful), just ugh.

That is why Aya must become Anti-Yoru (she even says multiple times her obsession is hopeless and empty) and why Haruki must become Anti-Sei (just like Sei she has a picture that she no longer needs anymore since she has her answers so Aya must have it). Both Aya and Haruki had shared interests in the past notice how many times you find books next to them?

Sei has a potential happy ending however Mochida is very much in for a big surprise when she confesses to Hosono. He is interested in Sei because of the rumors not because he wants her as a girlfriend but a friend. My guess is he is the same as she!

Matsurimizusawa2
joined Sep 27, 2020

Aya doing a (an almost successful) Hail Mary last ditch attempt got me. Atta girl. From here on out, it's open season.

joined Jun 30, 2016

This is going nowhere, Sei is still a piece of shit, Aya its an idiot for wanted to still be with Sei and Yoru its garbage as well, no one has changed at all.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I think we should just list the series as NSFW, already, and give the NSFW Chapters with Sex in them with the "Moderate Amounts of Sex" Tag. Seems like the most logical move considering every other chapter is NSFW and there's like 5 or 6 sex scene

No.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Honestly, I want Aya and Sei to get together in the end with nothing to do with Yoru... But that's probably not going to happen because of Sei's obsessiveness over Yoru. :(

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

This is going nowhere, Sei is still a piece of shit, Aya its an idiot for wanted to still be with Sei and Yoru its garbage as well, no one has changed at all.

That's not necessarily true... In the beginning, Aya was a person who always kept to herself and never seemed to care that much about other people but after being with Sei she found a person she cares for. Also for a while, Aya accepted the fact that she was Yoru's replacement. But in the last few chapters, she's started wanting Sei to see Aya as Aya and not as a replacement for Yoru. Yeah, you are right about Sei and Yoru not changing but Aya has changed a little through the series so far...

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 1:54AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

It does seem like Yoru recognizes that she and Sei will not be truly happy together because Sei doesn’t really love her. She represents an idea for Sei and Sei feels she will only be happy if she’s with Yoru, unable to comprehend there are other options so she conditioned herself to be perpetually miserable all these years as a way to assure that happiness can only be attained with Yoru.

Yoru might not be in love with Sei but I’m
reading it as though she does care about her to some degree so she’s letting her go completely when she finds out that someone out there might be able to actually take care of Sei in the way she never will be able to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in the end, we find out Yoru divorced her husband and just chose to be alone as a way to fully bring her arc to a full circle.

Sei has a lot to atone for, not only for Aya and Sakai, but for her self. She needs to completely heal and delete her conditioning but the fact that she’s apologized to Aya and not mock her feelings means there’s some hope.

The problem is Aya now... who believes she’ll never be able to compete with Yoru. She might just use Sei’s unhealthy coping mechanism and start sleeping with Haruki.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

It's gonna be even messier from now on. This whole story is about detachment; in other words, about letting go. Are the choices for the good, though? We don't know, and they probably won't.

For people saying the characters are bland: no, they are not. Of course there is a little of tropes here and there, but in my opinion, they're being conducted in a very mature way, and very, very slowly. This kind of storytelling isn't that uncommon, but isn't very liked by a lot of readers, for we are used to the standard "plot > conflict > climax > ending" structure.

And the "happy ending" won't be "happy." I'm calling it. I really like stories like this one, messy and bittersweet.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, the square stays unresolved. I'm not sure how it can have a happy ending.

Haruki is going to go apeshit.

joined Jan 18, 2016

I liked the messy development so far, im going to keep following this to know how it all went up in later chapters.

But man, i would love if story like this ends up with MC standing up for herself. One of my favorite Yuri manga was Aoi Hana, and SPOILERS! MC dating her crush, and at one of the chapter, it was revealed that the crush was using MC as a replacement/rebound, and boy, the later chapter where the MC confronted her crush and said basically what i would say at that point is probably one of the most satisfying feeling i've ever had while reading a manga. The anime adaptation nailed the feeling as well.

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 3:12AM

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Sei. You. Asshat.

To reply you must either login or sign up.