Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Surprise ending: a 4-way polycule with Reichii and Risako.

I would literally throw my monitor at the wall.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Har, har, hardy har.

Funny comment.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

GET. OUT.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

Wait the next chapter is the last one?!

Where did you read that? Please, tell me it's not true.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-19/tmnr-if-i-could-reach-you-manga-reaches-climax-in-october/.164237

that doesn't say anything about it being the last chapter??
if they end it like that i'd be so pissed. i hate manga that just has no resolution. i would literally call out yuri bait

joined Jun 12, 2015

Wait the next chapter is the last one?!

Where did you read that? Please, tell me it's not true.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-19/tmnr-if-i-could-reach-you-manga-reaches-climax-in-october/.164237

that doesn't say anything about it being the last chapter??
if they end it like that i'd be so pissed. i hate manga that just has no resolution. i would literally call out yuri bait

"(...) manga will reach its climax in the magazine's next issue on October 17."
Climax means last chapter/end of the manga..

joined Jul 1, 2018

In storytelling, climaxes are usually followed with a falling action and resolution. I honestly would have assumed at least a few more chapters, so the manga would end with 8 volumes at a decent pace, but then again I wouldn’t be surprised if we went straight to the epilogue next chapter. I’m hoping that’s not the case, since the characters are finally all on the same page with one another, and there hasn’t been any resolution for the side couples either.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In storytelling, climaxes are usually followed with a falling action and resolution.

I don't think publishers are in the habit of making public announcements for the various stages of narrative arcs--the term "climax" seems to be industry jargon for "last chapter."

https://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/25290/20161104/shimabukuros-toriko-approaching-climax-chapter.htm

"In the recent announcement, a word written in phonetic katakana alphabet which meant "climax" was seen, indicating that the manga was about to be finished."

last edited at Oct 4, 2020 10:51AM

joined Jul 1, 2018

In storytelling, climaxes are usually followed with a falling action and resolution.

I don't think publishers are in the habit of making public announcements for the various stages of narrative arcs--the term "climax" seems to be industry jargon for "last chapter."

https://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/25290/20161104/shimabukuros-toriko-approaching-climax-chapter.htm

"In the recent announcement, a word written in phonetic katakana alphabet which meant "climax" was seen, indicating that the manga was about to be finished."

Oh ok. Man that sucks, since there are still a couple things to be resolved, though.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sometimes final chapters are extra long, like Chapter 108 of FMA.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

Sometimes final chapters are extra long, like Chapter 108 of FMA.

You're brave to hope for an extra long resolution to this tangled mess.

I really hope the ending is at least somewhat satisfying. All we can do is cross our fingers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Raws are out and it really is the end. No extra-long chapter either.

Just from looking at the pictures. Seems like all of us were somewhat right about how it ended.

There's a return to the status quo, kind of, and a time skip

joined Jan 17, 2020

lawlz

Chapter is out in spanish
I read it and: "my unsatisfactuion is immeasurable and my day is ruined."
I hope we can now get some Eli X Umi doujins.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I really hope they get the English version out soon, because I don't remember a damn thing of my high school Spanish class.

I really hope they get the English version out soon, because I don't remember a damn thing of my high school Spanish class.

The English version just got done, just have to wait for it to be uploaded here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, it turns out that the author is nothing if not . . . the same as ever.

joined Mar 24, 2016

This was a bumpy and tupsy turvy ride. An overall wonderful story. We all know life is unfair, the only thing we can do is choose what we can live with.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's it ? A 1st timeskip to said that Kaoru divorce and Uta still keep her love unrequited then ANOTHER timeskip of 4/5 pages to see that they live together and nothing else ? I don't really know what to say honestly, it feel very lackluster. Like it could have been longer and explain better but it's short and leave the readers with unaswered questions.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Well, it's done. I don't love the ending but it really fits the series. Hopefully there will be an extra chapter or two when the tank comes out.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

WHAT THS FUUUCK IS THIS ENDING?!?!?!?!?!
I followed this series from the very beginning to read this ending???? Are u serious?!
What a waste of time.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

So post-time skip, the sister is bumping nasty with her brother's ex-wife, just across the hallway? Awkward. Personally not a fan of the ending. Thanks for the translations, Chaosteam.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Not one but TWO timeskips in the same final chapter.
Wew

joined Jan 11, 2018

This ending needed to be two parts, they were never really shown becoming a couple, it just happened.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just had to do this, because it's exactly what I feel:
Imgur

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This made me wish with every fiber of my body to never fall in love...

To reply you must either login or sign up.