Forum › Posts by shimchong

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 26 Aug 19:10
joined Jan 17, 2020

Can't we just have Harumin and Matsuri as the main couple? I can't stand Mei anymore..........

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 22 Apr 23:33
joined Jan 17, 2020

I'm at a point where I come to check the forum monthly to see if the current chapter is about Matsuri and Harumin. And if not, I skip it.

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

My analysis of Sumin's behavior is that he is a person with a very large inferiority complex but at the same time he is very egocentric. I never understood why she suffered this metamorphosis after the infidelity and the death of her parents.

I can understand her grief at the loss, she was attached to her parents, however, blaming Seju for her death and also yelling at him because she had removed the ring. The rings were the symbol of her promises, of her dreams, it is something unforgivable. Her breakup stems from that discussion, we already know what Seju does afterward, though it's never clear to me how she agrees to sleep with the bartender. Imagine calling your ex to listen to you while you have sex with someone else, accepting her gifts even though she had money to live comfortably, mentally abusing someone for a long time, going back to her when her superficial relationships weren't working, and it was because always I was looking for Seju in those relationships.

IMO Sumin and Seju were just childish and behaving their age: Sumin was being very dramatic during her grief, and Seju also overreacted and cheated. Fairly normal young person behavior, and doesn't mean they didn't love each other deeply. But then Sumin being tortured happened and that trauma-bonded them during the 10-year period after she is beat up.

What many seem to miss is that Sumin admits to Seju in one of the chapters that she still loves her. And after that, that's when she does everything she can to break the relationship in a clean way, including caring for Seju when she is hurt. She doesn't say these stuff, but she acts. If you think about it, if you can't forgive yourself for something you did but you still love someone, you try to give each other the chance to fully start anew and you try to "atone for your guilt". Sumin was coming back to Seju until the end, and Seju was the one that finally saw the light and decided to leave.

Sumin saw Sungji more as a chance to live a normal life, etc. You can see it in the final chapters as well. I don't think that's the same as the heatfelt love she had for Seju before the trauma. But she may not be able to feel that kind of love anymore.

So bad writing or not, the story can also be understood not as a healing story, but as a story of what happens when someone (Sumin) can't heal. The story shows Seju healed but Sumin did not.

You believe that in real life you can live with a clear conscience knowing that for so many years you intentionally hurt a person you loved deeply and then magically jump into another relationship while still having your ex close to you.
And remember that it was Sumin who returned to Seju, he even made an excuse that he had left a girlfriend because she was bad in bed. Excuses and more excuses for his selfish and cruel behavior. Another example. Sumin is the one who returns over and over to Seju, because there must have been times when he missed it, those short moments or long periods of time when they meant everything to each other, chapter27.

Seju is a wonderful and painfully human character, Except for her blind love for Sumin. That is why I think that the followers of Sumin are teenagers or people who do not understand the real nature of her behavior and like her because of her tattoo and personality of bad girl and womanizer.

last edited at Mar 22, 2021 11:26PM

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

Xavier:
It is true that Sungji and Sumin were the main couple from the beginning; in fact, the story is about a girl who falls in love with her boss 10 years her senior. Seju's character comes a little later. The real problem comes when the partner from the past has a deeper history, there is more connection and an emotional language that the main partner could never show. That's a big problem at the writing level.

In fact, young Sungji fans adore her because she is a pure angel who came to rescue Sumin from her miserable life of 31 failed relationships, drunkenness, and mindless sex. The thing is, Sungji isn't as naive as some fans think she is. In reality, she is quite intelligent and calculating when the situation calls for it, as well as having many insecurities. An example, chapter 27 where she finds out about Seju's true relationship with Sumin, even though she had lied to him about the nature of her relationship. It is from that revelation that Sungji begins to despair of having sex with her.

It's pretty simple: Sungji is the fox (cunning), while Seju is the dog (loyal)

There are many layers to analyze Xavier, so it is good to review the stories a few times to understand certain points that escape on a first reading.

That's why I defend my position so much, that the story seemed to go a certain way but everything starts to fall apart after the second arc. There was perhaps favoritism at stake with the main couple, I have no doubt so, but why create such an emotional and heartbreaking story between Seju and Sumin, if you weren't going to do anything with her. Where is there healing? Where is there forgiveness? How to move forward when your conflicts are still not resolved and you are not working to fix them? What was the real change in Sumin at the end of the story, she remained the same, her insecurities came from when she was young and she hardly dated Seju.

Bad writing. A story that was good accidentally, and ended poorly

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 11 Jan 21:49
joined Jan 17, 2020

Man, forget about Mei. She is so boring. Why are we not discussing here what really matters: HaruMatsu again WHEN?

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 23 Nov 09:31
joined Jan 17, 2020

HaruMatsu SAILS

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

I'm so confused. Uta says she has found someone like Miyabi during university, implying she was dating/had dated...but then she also says she won't give up her unrequited love.

Then later, presumably after university, she opens the door and someone is there. Is that Kaoru or someone else? Looks like Kaoru, but god knows...This is vague af.

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

lawlz

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 17 Oct 00:35
joined Jan 17, 2020

I can't believe that Harumi and Matsuri will have sex before Yuzu and Mei.

Okay. This can't be real.

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 28 Sep 23:24
joined Jan 17, 2020

Harumin has repressed feelings for Matsuri. This is literally the first time in the entire series that she is taking an active role in anything.

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 28 Sep 23:23
joined Jan 17, 2020

Gosh, is my HaruMatsu dream finally coming true after so long?

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 06 Aug 21:50
joined Jan 17, 2020

Do people in these comments not realise that love is on a spectrum? Some of you make it seem like it's binary and it's either platonic or romantic.

We all know that, but this is Citrus. Does the plot of this series seem nuanced in any way to you?

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

Only a time skip will fix this. Kaoru becomes an independent woman and seeks Uta for a real relationship.

But...who are we kidding.

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

It's contradictory when you say Kaoru could be a lesbian because we haven't essentially seen them doing the deed with Reichii or Kaoru drooling over him, but at the same time she never showed any sexual attraction towards Uta or any other woman. She even slapped Uta's hand away when she confessed.

To be fair, that particular incident was Kaoru still thinking it would work with Reiichi and trying not to get in a sexual situation with Uta. And Uta was acting a bit crazy and pushing things, so yeah. I don't think that had all that much to do with Kaoru not liking Uta, more that was reasonable in the situation.

Like seriously your kid sister in law is coming on to you. What do you do?

Yeah she seemed like she had some attraction towards Uta back then, because she was blushing a lot. But it can't be denied that she has always been in love with Reiichi and so far that hasn't changed. I can't see how the story will turn things around enough for her to end up with Uta, even if that's what I hope. Maybe a time skip?

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 28 Jul 09:14
joined Jan 17, 2020

Just read the Anniversary chapter...OK this is it, Citrus has become too lame. Dropped.

Will keep tracking the forums for news of HaruMatsu happening (probably never).

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 28 Jul 09:08
joined Jan 17, 2020

'She didn't need to clarify it though. If there was nothing there, a simpe "I love you too" would add up more. Like, you don't clarify the "as a friend" or "as a family member" etc, when you say I love you to your friends and family. Also the way her expression was drawn was weird.'

In the situation, I don't think "as a friend" means anything about Harumin. Given that Yuzu had just come out as being into girls, or at least one girl, and Harumin herself being a girl, it could be simply clarification, not self-denial.

I remember hoping for Harumin/Yuzu myself, but I think I based that on her facial expression, not words like that.

Harumin's facial expression and the way the whole scene was, made it clear (to me) Harumin had a thing for Yuzu that she decided to give up on right there and then to support her as a friend.

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 26 Jun 08:49
joined Jan 17, 2020

A huge point about the series is how important true love is and how it is more important than simple carnal desires.

We are shown neither intense romance nor carnal desires though.

Mei and Yuzu seem like a couple suffering from Lesbian Bed Death or something.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 8:49AM

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 24 Jun 22:36
joined Jan 17, 2020

Right now citrus is just boring, is not even fun to hate on it , even fans just keep reading to see if yuzu and mei are gonna have sex and to see the harumin x matsuri couple (wich might not even happen)

I agree with this tbh. Citrus used to be way more fun, when Mei was just plain toxic rather than socially clueless, and there was the whole dubious consent thing going on. I'm not sure who decided to change them into a vanilla couple but it didn't work out well for this series.

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

now we know that Risako has planned all of this to get Kaoru and try to convey that she’s attracted to her romantically.. but seeing Kaoro’s face in the last panel. she is more serious than any other time and I really think that she is disgusted by Risako.

That seems like too much work and too many years just to tell someone you're into them...

I believe if Kaoro’s gonna end up bisexual she is gonna do it with Uta

Obviously. Pretty sure Kaoru has 0 interest in Risako.

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 24 Jun 08:34
joined Jan 17, 2020

I think Harumin has special feelings for Matsuri that she herself is unaware of, and that's being hinted at for a while now.

Harumin is perceptive with people's feelings but doesn't want to get involved, even if it's about Yuzu who is her best friend. But Harumin seems compelled to help when Matsuri shows stronger feelings. I recall during the Summer camp arc when Matsuri was going hysterical over the discovery that Mei would get engaged, that Harumin hugged her tight and dragged her away.

Now she is the first to notice Matsuri is gone and will likely confront her over it. Gay!

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

Oh gosh. So Reiichi is a victim of his own kindness. Like brother, like sister.

shimchong
Citrus + discussion 17 Jun 07:57
joined Jan 17, 2020

Is Citrus+ coming out this month?
Also, HaruMatsu when

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

SejuxSungji

Sumin foreveralone

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

I don't think Reiichi is a bad guy after all. Kinda feel bad for him.

Also, Kaoru is gay. I sense her entire bout of insecurity and now investigation into Reiichi's feelings for her is triggered by her subconscious feelings for Uta in the first place...If she didn't have a thing for Uta, she wouldn't question the marriage.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 11:48PM

shimchong
joined Jan 17, 2020

Ok, just read the latest chapter...I don't think Kaoru is into Uta...even now she is still completely convinced she loves Reiichi. She just uses Uta to quench her loneliness in the relationship. Sad. Uta needs to walk away and go no contact, seriously.

Funny you said that after Ch.33 and Kaoru asking seriously Reiichi if he love her.

Link? :D I'm more than ready to be proven wrong. I was referring to ch 32!

last edited at May 21, 2020 8:02AM