Forum › Kokono-chan Drinks Tears! discussion

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t care for the art style.

Really? I think the art style is quite good actually! Maybe not the absolute greatest I’ve ever seen, but it’s nice.

Softer, rounder faces, and there’s something really expressive in the characters’ eyes and mouths. And the hair is just nice, I especially like Kokono’s hair for some reason.

It’s a bit different, but it’s nice. To each their own, though, of course.

at first i was like wuff what's this art style lol, but after the first chapter i agree with you. i was thinking same thing with her hair, it's really nice XD

joined Jan 3, 2020

Ever since killing me!! I've been trying to find a good vampire yuri it was so good and I was sad when they announced it was canceled but vampeerz is saving me at the moment!

I absolutely love vampire yuri as well. Besides this one, there's not a ton.

Vampeerz
Killing Me
Seifuku no Vampiress Lord
Kyuuketsuki-chan to Kouhai-chan
Scarlet
Gunbured x Sisters
are the biggest vampire yuri (two of which were axed).

There's another one I forget the name of where the protagonist is a vampire without a distinct gender or something and has to pick a gender at the end. I think it was classified as yuri because the protagonist pretends to be female while genderless and gets in a relationship with a girl. If you are willing to slightly fudge the definition of vampire, there's a few borderline ones like Mare, but those would be better classified as witch yuri (which thankfully there is loads of).

There's also a couple western series of similar concept. Lesbiampires is the first one that springs to mind, though strangely I didn't like it that much. Maybe it's the weird way the protagonists stay really upbeat while slaughtering loads of humans for food, but it just always felt off to me. Or maybe I only really like vampire yuri when only one of them is a vampire.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 5:30PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Also, to explain the ending of chapter 10 in case anyone missed it (I did my first time through): the protagonist has just realized that while she accuses her father of trying to replace her mother by jumping into another relationship, she is guilty of doing something very similar by getting into a relationship (of sorts) with the vampire girl.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Also, to explain the ending of chapter 10 in case anyone missed it (I did my first time through): the protagonist has just realized that while she accuses her father of trying to replace her mother by jumping into another relationship, she is guilty of doing something very similar by getting into a relationship (of sorts) with the vampire girl.

it seemed to me to be that the idea of her being replaced by another source of tears hits hard because of how she views the idea of her father dating again as some stranger replacing her mother (to be fair, he did say she "needs a mother")

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 3:46PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ever since killing me!! I've been trying to find a good vampire yuri it was so good and I was sad when they announced it was canceled but vampeerz is saving me at the moment!

Vampeerz
Killing Me
Scarlet
are the biggest vampire yuri (two of which were axed).

There's another one I forget the name of where the protagonist is a vampire without a distinct gender or something and has to pick a gender at the end. I think it was classified as yuri because the protagonist pretends to be female while genderless and gets in a relationship with a girl. If you are willing to slightly fudge the definition of vampire, there's a few borderline ones like Mare, but those would be better classified as witch yuri (which thankfully there is loads of).

There's also a couple western series of similar concept. Lesbiampires is the first one that springs to mind, though strangely I didn't like it that much. Maybe it's the weird way the protagonists stay really upbeat while slaughtering loads of humans for food, but it just always felt off to me. Or maybe I only really like vampire yuri when only one of them is a vampire.

Gunbured is looking really promising

joined Jul 23, 2019

Vampeerz
Killing Me
Scarlet

Vampeerz is so good.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

it seemed to me to be that the idea of her being replaced by another source of tears hits hard because of how she views the idea of her father dating again as some stranger replacing her mother (to be fair, he did say she "needs a mother")

(Ch. 10) Yeah, I think she’s afraid of being replaced or not mattering because of how she interprets her dad’s response to her mother dying, and the thing about being “the same” I think, based on the parallelism of her position in the two panels, is about her replacing her mother with someone else to take comfort from. I think she feels guilty about being comforted, especially with the sort of maternal tone that was going on.

Nonetheless—my hype has only grown! Looks like we’re starting to get a little bit more insight into our vampire, too; what was with that expression? I hope we find out

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

Nami's outfit is chapter 9 is mmmf

joined Oct 21, 2013

There's another one I forget the name of where the protagonist is a vampire without a distinct gender or something and has to pick a gender at the end.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/tenbin_wa_hana_to_asobu

I think it was classified as yuri because the protagonist pretends to be female while genderless and gets in a relationship with a girl.

Also implied she she eventually becomes a girl since she just keeps drinking the other girl's blood

There were other lesbian vampire (or bloodsucking oni at least) ones like Akaiito VN (anthology comic https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/akaiito_anthology_comic) and Aoishiro VN (manga version https://dynasty-scans.com/series/aoishiro_kaeishou)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow this got surprisingly sad. Wasn't prepared for that whiplash

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(Ch. 10) How tf does this story not have a more active comment section? It's been out for a while, we have a lot of chapters, and it's both good and interesting. I feel like we should have 10 pages right now, why isn't everybody on the site talking about this story?

last edited at Sep 23, 2020 7:25PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but this kinda reminds me of that other fetish yuri manga with much weirder fetishes... I forget what it's called, but I'm sure you all know it. This is obviously much tamer, but it gives off those vibes to me.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

This is wonderful, it's got everything I could ask for. Even reminds me a bit of "Run Away with me, Girl" (though more eccentric/funny).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

(Ch. 10) How tf does this story not have a more active comment section? It's been out for a while, we have a lot of chapters, and it's both good and interesting. I feel like we should have 10 pages right now, why isn't everybody on the site talking about this story?

Because it was binged posted in 3 days maybe ? The problem when a serie is binge posted and not one by one is that people can't discuss chapters by chapters and can only discuss of the whole thing.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

To be completely honest, I didn't even consider this once I saw the BDSM and Drama tags together. But after reading it, I don't think Drama is even warranted here. This is actually more like a dark fantasy comedy, and fairly entertaining, too.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

god damn, i love some quality bullying/bdsm. its so healing. ahhh. <3

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

that was cancelled? Man, I completely forgot about it but I actually really liked reading it, that sucks

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

Ch 10's gonna kill me, so...cute? um... ya... cute. . .

joined Jan 3, 2020

Gunbured is looking really promising

Ah, yeah, I totally forgot about that, since it's more recent.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

So what’s the story here, this still going?

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

I kinda wanna commission someone to finish this translation, but I can't find the raws for the life of me...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'd be very glad to be corrected, but it looks like the artist dropped this at chapter 10 and moved onto other things.

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

rip

that's too bad, i realy liked this series :<

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ah, that's so sad. This was shaping up to be something really special, I think. But thank you for the closure, at least I can move on now.

last edited at Jun 24, 2021 8:36PM

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I dearly hope that this will continue, and on the slightest chance that the author decides to continue I shall leave this tab open in hope.

To reply you must either login or sign up.