Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Reading a yuri story, but I actually wouldn't mind if Tsuruta ends up with Miwa. Getting sick of Saeko shits. At least Tsuruta seems like a nice guy. He always got Miwa's back and get her off a tight spot. The dude genuinely cares for Miwa.

joined Jul 16, 2020

Reading a yuri story, but I actually wouldn't mind if Tsuruta ends up with Miwa. Getting sick of Saeko shits. At least Tsuruta seems like a nice guy. He always got Miwa's back and get her off a tight spot. The dude genuinely cares for Miwa.

Except that Miwa is squarely a lesbian? And Tsuruta literally knows this, which makes his continued crush on her all the more sad and pathetic.

joined Mar 5, 2016

RIP Tsuruta

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, certainly didn't expect the much more experienced and seemingly very open and liberated Saeko turn out to be the deeply repressed one of the two. There's clearly a big problem to solve there, but if they can overcome this, the path to a bright future should be right ahead.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is becoming ridiculous.

We are all waiting for the other shoe to drop and see the moment where their relationship falls apart and they break up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is becoming ridiculous.

We are all waiting for the other shoe to drop and see the moment where their relationship falls apart and they break up.

I’m not. It’s pretty clear that the other story is just that—a different story. That doesn’t mean that this one will have a different ending, but it doesn’t guarantee it will have the same ending either.

Sae and Miwa are clearly having to make adjustments for each other and to do some self-reflection for the sake of the relationship, but as others have said, there’s no reason so far to believe that their relationship is inevitably doomed.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 2:55PM

joined Feb 17, 2018

Well she's lesbian so that's never happening. I've been in the situation where a male friend couldn't get over his crush over me and people were saying "but he such a good guy, give him a chance"...Im like does everyone keep forgetting I can only have feelings for women only? As sad as it is, they need to realise that it will never happen.

joined Jul 16, 2020

Dude, you do know what being a 'lesbian' means right? Seriously, sometimes it's really getting on my nerves, being a lesbian myself, when people simply discard of my sexuality as soon as a man comes into the game. Just because he's nice and wants to get with her, won't make Miwa straight and date men. That's just not how attraction works, regardless if you're going to have good or bad experiences with the gender you're attracted to.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 9:58AM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Except that Miwa is squarely a lesbian? And Tsuruta literally knows this, which makes his continued crush on her all the more sad and pathetic.

"Pathetic", he can't help it if he likes someone. If this was a girl having a crush on a girl she knew was straight you all would be in tears cheering her on.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Minutoh posted:

I'm not sure if anyone asked this before, but is this Kan guy supposed to be Korean? I'm Korean myself (a very shitty Korean at that but still Korean), and that definitely sounds like a Korean last name... although it seems that's actually his first name and his mom just gave him that name to make him "unique," so I guess that probably explains that. Still, he definitely looks like a depressed K-pop singer or something along those lines, and I'm glad that Ranka (I'm assuming that's Rankarana?) vindicated my opinion by calling him Bts-kun.

Sorely wrong. "Kan" is his given name, and according to Sexy Akiba Detectives, it's written with the kanji 完, which has the meanings of "end", "completion" and "perfection", and it's why they originally rendered it literally as "End" before they eventually realized how stupid that decision was and went with how it should have been rendered from the beginning (i.e. just like any Japanese name: romanizing its pronunciation).

I'm surprised that you aren't already aware of this, considering that it was explained in the credits page of the chapter in which his name was firsted mentioned on-panel.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 11:22AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

"Pathetic", he can't help it if he likes someone. If this was a girl having a crush on a girl she knew was straight you all would be in tears cheering her on.

He's not pathetic for finding Miwa attractive. He's pathetic for not moving on, just hovering, hoping she'll change something that's understood to be immutable. Moving on from a crush, is something pretty much everyone has to do. Their crush marries someone else, they have a deal breaker, they just aren't interested in them, etc. It's not healthy to fixate on things that aren't possible.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"At least, a MAN would have FUCKED me before falling asleep and snoring like a hog!"

Hey, could this be an argument for Tsuruta x Miwa? Hehe. ;P

_20200513_190852
joined Mar 25, 2018

"At least, a MAN would have FUCKED me before falling asleep and snoring like a hog!"

Hey, could this be an argument for Tsuruta x Miwa? Hehe. ;P

I'm so confused by your comment. :/

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

It's a classic cliché that men fell asleep immediately after having sex.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I really hope this continues past the pending collapse of their relationship. The author has the chops for it.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I have to say, if the original work didn't exist, would so many people still think they were doomed to break up? Like I'm genuinely curious. I can't help but think there's confirmation bias going on here.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

This. If it was a straight girl it's all cheered on, I know this is a yuri community, just feel bad for the guy. If Miwa was bi I'd totally root for him than Saeko. The girl lacks communication and got major issue she's not working out.

Also I'm not denying Miwa is a lesbian, just to answer one of the post below, I just said I wouldn't mind, if by chance Miwa turned out to be bi (which won't happen).

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 4:06PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I have to say, if the original work didn't exist, would so many people still think they were doomed to break up? Like I'm genuinely curious. I can't help but think there's confirmation bias going on here.

These last chapters have been such a red flag fest that knowledge of the one-shot feels increasingly irrelevant.

joined Jul 16, 2020

Alright, I'm just going to wait out and see how or if they will sort out their issues, regardless of the one-shots because I don't trust one-shots and they feel like too much of a heavy spoiler to me in order for them be made canon anyway. As for now, it's one of the most realistic lesbian romances I read so drama and angst is kinda expected. I personally hope they will go through their hardships, develope and grow a tighter bond but we'll see. I'm rooting for Saeko and Miwa even if they still have a rocky path ahead of them.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

These last chapters have been such a red flag fest that knowledge of the one-shot feels increasingly irrelevant.

Gotta agree with this

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I have to say, if the original work didn't exist, would so many people still think they were doomed to break up?

The answer is no. If the original work didn't exist, abso-fucking-lutely everyone in this forum would be squeeing in delight at Saeko x Miwa and praising this story as a wonderful depiction of a realistic lesbian couple, their relationship dynamics, their complexities and their worries. And, of course, everyone would be rooting for them to work out their problems and win themselves a lovey-dovey happy end. I mean, the two are so obviously in love, and we all should want to see love triumph in the end... right?

Sadly, confirmation bias is a thing, and has powers of cognitive distortion that are not to be underestimated.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Miwa's cute little toes with nails painted red drive me crazy.

I think I might be developing a foot fetish...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Man, I don't think I'm really enjoying this series. It's definitely well written, and it feels very real, but it's a bit too real for me. I guess I prefer to read yuri manga to escape the struggles and angst of real-life romance, but this manga puts them on full display. Again, it's really well written, but I just don't have fun reading it.

last edited at Jul 17, 2020 3:20AM

joined Jul 16, 2020

When he didn't know that she was a lesbian, sure. But she's come out to him and their other friends and it's been months. At that point, letting a crush that you know will never be requited fester for that long does nothing but foster a potentially toxic environment.

Even if he was a girl pining after a straight woman, I would still have the same opinion.

Plus the whole "badmouth their relationship to their other friends when they aren't around" is what adds up to him being pathetic to me.

It takes time to let go of feelings, but sitting around thinking things like "Maybe she's bi or maybe I can make her fall for me?" aren't okay.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Plus the whole "badmouth their relationship to their other friends when they aren't around" is what adds up to him being pathetic to me.

The pining is one thing, that's common in unrequited love of any sort and can be difficult to let go so I can't hold it too much against anybody just for that.

The actively trying to find reasons Saeko and Miwa don't work together is a whole other issue. Okay I get that real life can be more complicated, including the person you have a crush on truly being in a bad relationship, etc. and which I'm sure people would argue is true here, but Miwa has also never approached him about any of that. She hasn't told him about anything going wrong in their relationship or made him a confidant. So all that he can see is from an observer's standpoint and he's overstepping some boundaries, because of his feelings. Along the same line, he is acting more because of his feelings and less because of concern for Miwa. Not that he doesn't genuinely care for her, but it can't be denied his feelings are blinding him in his actions. The way he acts around her is so puppy love. So his feelings aren't pathetic but the way he's acting really toes that line.

So if I were to judge him by real life standards, I wouldn't see him as a suitable partner for Miwa. His feelings blind him, and he has yet to make a real connection with the real Miwa. He doesn't truly see her, only the idealized version of her who Saeko isn't treating properly. He is not even being real himself, trying to act like the good guy in front of Miwa while not properly dealing with much darker feelings of jealousy that he accidentally lets out at times. If he were to ever change in that regard, then he might be a better hypothetical candidate for a hypothetical bi Miwa.

On the topic of jealousy, that does actually make him somewhat similar to Saeko. And I do believe this, Saeko and Tsuruta are no "better" than each other, if you were to compare the two. So I couldn't agree with assessments that Tsuruta is a better partner for Miwa or that Saeko is a better partner for Miwa, by measures of their inherent personalities / actions at this point in time. This is my own philosophy more than anything, but the one reason I do think Saeko is a better candidate is by virtue of Miwa having chosen her, and them still continuing to choose each other up to the current chapter. Until that changes, until they begin having serious doubts or long-lasting, unresolved issues, that's how I like to see it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.