Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Omega Deuse posted:

It's really obnoxious how prevalent this kinda crap is in anime. I'm quite picky about what anime I watch and I still have to tolerate that sort of shit far too often even in shows that are otherwise good. Ghost in the Shell, for example, is widely considered to be a great franchise. (Ignoring Arise which was just all over the place and Stand Alone Complex 2045 which just seems awful from the one episode I was able to sit through.) The Major has to deal with sexist crap far too often, including from well-meaning sources such as Batou. Not to mention the episode in 2nd Gig where Section 9 goes to some bigwig party working as security and the guy they're doing it for gets extremely touchy with the Major and she's just forced to tolerate it.

I don't recall Batou doing anything sexist to the Major, though it's been a while since I watched it. As for the second episode, I don't specifically recall it, but was the point to make it clear that those people were powerful and slimy?

In Batou's case it's nothing overt so much as the way he's always thinking she needs rescuing and such. It happens quite a few times over the course of the series. It's clearly more of a subconscious thing than something he's doing on purpose but it's still kinda annoying.

In the second case I don't think that was the point since the episode was already centered around Section 9 infiltrating the guy's vault to get evidence to use against him anyways. For reference it's episode 3 of 2nd Gig, Cash Eye. (And coincidentally the guy in question is apparently called Mr. Tadokoro according to Wikipedia which is an odd coincidence, lol.)

ObtainCheese
Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

I dunno why they'd need funerals. Nobody's ever going to find the bodies.

I've never heard something so savage yet badass at the same time

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Song that should be used for the next chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-jjJFlxnU

Also, ain't got time to defend why I happen to like something
Life's too fucking short dawg

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Could we kindly stay on topic, please?

Even the Ghost In the Shell stuff is pushing it, but I'll leave it in place for now.

joined Sep 9, 2013

I'm waiting for Sakurako to say "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru" while walking away.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Am I the only one who thinks Sakurako probably bought the publishing company, fired/beat the editor dude, and that's why she left?

Also, I think sh*tty behavior isn't just reserved for men in this manga. There was that one bully who wanted to throw juice at Tadokoro that was deflected by Sakurako - and yes it was just typical bullying but who knows how physical things could have gotten if Kirigaya didn't intervene.

Kirigaya herself wasn't afraid to get physical before she reformed. She shoved Tadokoro to the floor. It might not seem like a big deal compared to what these guys are doing but Kirigaya probably used to hurt Tadokoro when they were in middle school. That one guy went to middle school with them, knows Kirigaya's reputation when it comes to Tadokoro, and probably witnessed how Tadokoro just took it so that's why he thinks he can get away with doing these things. Kirigaya's actions probably would have escalated too if she were still a bully.

ObtainCheese
joined Apr 10, 2020

Am I the only one who thinks Sakurako probably bought the publishing company, fired/beat the editor dude, and that's why she left?

Sakurako "beat" the editor, there fixed it for you.

joined Sep 13, 2018

i just cannot unsee this as tomoko x asuka , the personality are quite there except tadokoro is a good girl

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Also, I think sh*tty behavior isn't just reserved for men in this manga. There was that one bully who wanted to throw juice at Tadokoro that was deflected by Sakurako - and yes it was just typical bullying but who knows how physical things could have gotten if Kirigaya didn't intervene.

Kirigaya herself wasn't afraid to get physical before she reformed. She shoved Tadokoro to the floor. It might not seem like a big deal compared to what these guys are doing but Kirigaya probably used to hurt Tadokoro when they were in middle school. That one guy went to middle school with them, knows Kirigaya's reputation when it comes to Tadokoro, and probably witnessed how Tadokoro just took it so that's why he thinks he can get away with doing these things. Kirigaya's actions probably would have escalated too if she were still a bully.

True, if her bullying continued it might have intensified to the whole 'now strip' bit, its very bully..... It went from wholesome to almost rape pretty quick tho... Didn't see that coming

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Chap 58 - 6 pages
Chap 59 - 4 pages
Chap 60 - 3 pages

Yeah kinda sad are not evolving with the chapters we are going backwards

joined Mar 8, 2019

True, if her bullying continued it might have intensified to the whole 'now strip' bit, its very bully..... It went from wholesome to almost rape pretty quick tho... Didn't see that coming

Since Kirigaya is gay then yes to the stripping. I get why it seems like it escalated to rape fairly quickly but I imagine that's probably why that one dude knows Tadokoro from middle school. That little bit of history connects them and the knowledge of Kirigaya alludes to the possibility that rapist dude participated in Kirigaya's bullying sessions. Combine that with the fact that he is a horny high schooler who now finds Tadokoro attractive, the rape attempt doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

What a total badass.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

i just cannot unsee this as tomoko x asuka , the personality are quite there except tadokoro is a good girl

I think this has been pretty opaquely a Watamote doujin with a little bit of Tatsubon self-inserting/wish-fulfillment for a long time.

joined Apr 20, 2013

Chap 58 - 6 pages
Chap 59 - 4 pages
Chap 60 - 3 pages

Yeah kinda sad are not evolving with the chapters we are going backwards

I feel the same. In my case, I'll probably just drop that for now and return years later lol

joined May 24, 2014

Pixivy update

apology, then kickass time!

joined May 24, 2014

They're deader than dead

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Sayayin lvl!

joined May 24, 2014

Sayayin lvl!

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

last edited at Jul 14, 2020 10:56PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

whoa

joined Dec 5, 2019

That's hard boiled as hell

joined Sep 9, 2013

just shoot yourselves it would be quicker

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

incoming hard-boiled asswhomping mode

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

There’s a (paraphrased) quote that comes to mind as I read this...

“Three kids gon’ die tonight!”

joined Apr 10, 2020

There’s a (paraphrased) quote that comes to mind as I read this...

“Three kids gon’ die tonight!”

"...and it ain't going to be pretty"

QuixoticMilotic
joined Oct 28, 2018

"So you have chosen death"

To reply you must either login or sign up.