Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Between telling Miwa that Saeko might leave if she doesn't sleep with her, calling Miwa a pain in the ass, taking naked photos of Miwa, and now this; Rika is a huge shit-stirrer and a bad friend, even though she sorta helped them out once. I hope there will eventually be some falling out, even if it's just temporary. Meanwhile, Tsuruta continues to be a perfect friend.

It's interesting how jealousy has been a major theme this arc, with Saeko being jealous of people around Miwa, Kan being jealous of Miwa's upbringing, and Usshi maybe being jealous of 'normal' people having relationships. People are saying that they don't care about Kan's backstory, but I don't think the author was necessarily trying to make us sympathize with him. For now, I'd say he's there as a foil character to Miwa, to drive her to be more honest and assertive. It also shows how different people can end up just because of their circumstances. Saeko is still really guarded about her past, especially with Miwa, so Kan could eventually end up helping Miwa to understand where Saeko's coming from.

As much as some of the characters think that Miwa worries too much, it was reasonable for her to worry here. Sure, she jumped to the wrong conclusion, but it's not like she hadn't asked Saeko several times whether there was anything wrong. Here's hoping they actually discuss it honestly and that Saeko's jealousy doesn't lead Miwa back to being submissive and dependent.

joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Also, y'all chill on the emo guy. Nene especially - Kan seems like a depressed misanthrope, not a creepy misogynist abuser. The Tazune comparison is way off, that dude is a gigantic piece of shit in comparison to this dude who's just a jerk.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wow let’s fuck...and not talk about our problems

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 9:43PM

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Ok, so... about Ken.

He has a heavy depression going on and i understand the "I'm JeAlOuS", but still a huge unnecessary fucking dipshit.

That's it, bye.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

@turbotime, true. Kan does seem like a big foil to Miwa. Also seeing a character bully another character out of jealousy and not turn it over the top is pretty amazing.

Kan is a big dick, presumably a dick loving dick, but I think he finally figured himself out. His meanness towards Miwa seems to stem from him internalizing that "being different is bad", and since no one's been shitting on Miwa, he went ahead and did it on his own.

It's a big slap for both of them. Miwa's bazongled into realizing some people can have problems towards her (which could be a prereq to her realizing other people can have problems with themselves). While Kan got to do all his self reflection jizz and try to explain to himself the bad events that happened in his past.

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

saeko lol.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Saeko is really tackling this problem head-on, absolute chad

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

People are saying that they don't care about Kan's backstory, but I don't think the author was necessarily trying to make us sympathize with him.

This. I personally don't understand why people think backstories are always told for sympathy, for me, it's more about understanding and it helped me to understand him better. He's an arsehole for sure but at least I can see where it's come from now, doesn't make it right or whatever, but understandable somewhat and human.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This story is feeling more and more like an absolute mess, and I'm completely fine with that

About Kan, Miho was not treating him particularly nice so I understand his grumpy attitude in that setting (he's still a major asshole ofc), and he's clearly not having a great time in life.

On another note, Kan saying "I want to die" is the most relatable thing said in this manga so far

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 11:28PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Also, y'all chill on the emo guy. Nene especially - Kan seems like a depressed misanthrope, not a creepy misogynist abuser. The Tazune comparison is way off, that dude is a gigantic piece of shit in comparison to this dude who's just a jerk.

...is that incel?

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

I love this manga.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Wow, pretty much hitting the nail on the head with feels in this.... Oh complicated/opposing feelings!

Wow let’s fuck...and not talk about our problems

Probs will next chapter, feelings aren't easy

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

Had to update the meter for my boy Kan after these past few chapters

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Saeko needs to be ditched for that girl with the 3 mouth from the one shot

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Kan's probably gay. That self-hate that seems to just bounce from out of him then back to him... I can sympathize with that. And I'm actually amazed at his self control. I would've smacked the hell out of that obnoxiously bossy gal who couldn't seem to take hold of her booze and temper.

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

man that edge-o-meter got me.

joined Mar 6, 2018

Ahhh, this was going so well and now I'm being thrown back to "Will this end just like the oneshot?" ahhhhhhhhh this is hell. Definitely one hell of a ride

Cat.shitpost_20191227_1
joined Aug 15, 2019

^ That was actually the old premise of the story. Some people say that the Doujin isn't canon to the story, but I mean it would be a natural ending, especially on how things are going on rn, but I cant say too much because we're barely on the second volume of the series.
Plus it would pretty interesting and rare to see a Les couple break up in a Yuri manga.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Normally I would be pretty mad if they broke up but if it was a clean breakup like in the doujin and them staying friends (and winggirls) I think i would be all right with it.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Tbh throughout their relationship the author has been sprinkling around this awkward and forced vibe, it'll ofc be sad when they break up, but i'll also feel relieved tbh.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

For some reason I like Kan, I think there will be some character development going on...maybe.

joined Dec 5, 2019

This is great, I'm actually happy they are realizing their problems, at leadt Saeko is and hopefully she will fill Miwa in on that.

About this being similar to the one shot and leading it to it. I compleately disagree. In the one shot it was pretty clear they didn't have powerful emotions for one another and the entire premise was they they just dated and went with the flow without really falling in love.
Here in the series it's clear that the feelings are developing and that they like each other, Saeko specially since even jealousy is a first for her.
Not saying that they will stay together at the end but I doubt that their breakup will feel like it did in the one-shot, where it was a seamly paibless thing because they didn't acually like each other that much

+1

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

had a similar breakdown just like Kan did on chp16 pg 18, a few years ago

10/10 great scene, has put me in a PTSD induced trance

joined May 22, 2020

god, this manga really reminds me of me and my ex’s relationship

To reply you must either login or sign up.