Forum › Posts by Yuriribs

joined Mar 6, 2018

Hmm, what about that clenching fist when suggesting the beach? Is Yuzu self conscious of wearing a bathing suit (in front of Minami maybe)? Or maybe she has some bad memories related to beaches. Can't wait to see more of Yuzu side on this tbh

No, she did that because she wanted to be kissed and got interrupted

joined Mar 6, 2018

I hope she actually gets a gun

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Lol adding that 10th condition to monopolize ur "sister", i see you meguru. ;3

Nah this will lead to big trouble, when she actually falls in love and then has to void the sisters contract (so they can enter a romantic relationship) - which will lead to a whole arc of misunderstandings and at least 2 chapters until the misunderstanding is revealed.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Wait what? Yurika's parents are aware that she's being groomed by an adult and they're letting it happen? Even if she's a woman she's still a pedo preying on a minor?? I thought her parents didn't know... Weakly trying to tell her that bit about meeting the groomer's parents is a red flag is not enough. They're not protecting their kid at all in this situation...

Bear in mind timeline wise this is probably closer to when Yurika sent her Dad the letter and they somewhat reconciled, so there's a level of tension in the relationship. I can see scenario's where in this situation it's better to pull Yurika out slowly rather then pull too hard and have her shut down talking about it with you completely, especially since they can probably tell the argument is already working.

Also lol at Reika 'not liking crowds' when she's going to meet up with a High Schooler. Sure Ma'am.

Agreed, I think the parents acted in a way that actually led to results. They managed to plant doubt in Yurika about the relationship, which is way better than trying to shut it down and making it into some kind of weird "star crossed lovers" situation.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

I mean, his argument about: Can you disprove it is? completely bullshit. The burden of proves lies with the one making claims. He should have said instead, that statistically, the amount of deaths in close proximity to her - not intentionally caused by her - compared to the average is like 20 sigmas.

Scientifically, this would definitely prove that the claim: 'Tokiko is surrounded by death'. Still, whether you interpret it as a curse or some other thing is up to debate. Although that's also more semantic rather than anything.

Although I do agree with you that the whole occult angle always seemed weak to me, here it works because assistant guy doesn't care what kind of nonsense or sophistry he has to spit out, as long as it convinces the detective. For him it's entirely personal and as such wholly emotional. It kind of works in this scene, because there's no need for rational reasoning anyway

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

holy moly, the author really gave his all to write an angsty teenager with yurika. I'm always impressed by people who can actually recreate that feeling of "I'm 15 and nobody understands me"

joined Mar 6, 2018

She didn't HAVE to get married to that guy. Literally nothing stops her from just staying with her girlfriend.

I think it's pretty clear that this is supposed to either take place in a time or a place where people did not have the freedom to be with whoever they choose, especially women. We don't see any cellphones or anything electricity related and traveling also seems to be quite problematic and no car/jeep is shown - so yeah, while this might not explicitly say "it's the year 1500 AD" or something, it's quite clearly established

joined Mar 6, 2018

This artist just has a great way of drawing bodies. It became clear to me especially in the newer chapters with a lot more naked characters, but they just draw with a great sense of ... volume? It's hard to describe, there's just something about the design and proportions that make them beautiful. Not to mention that the facial expressions are incredibly varied and on point. I also really really like the way that blushing is used very sparingly and it makes both the situations where it does happen as well as not happen stand out to me.

joined Mar 6, 2018

This was somehow a really good and very bad chapter at the same time. It was really neat to see the childhood friends trope play out in a way that they actually make up with each other - because this is not the first time they had a fight. Plus the parents more or less do something, too, which is also refreshing.

Now for the bad: While one cliche that's super played out got avoided, the ending left a bad taste. Shion not confessing her feelings points just toward future drama, when Kiki and Toribami get together. I actually kind of hoped that there will be a split between dancers and lovers. I guess not all tropes can be avoided

joined Mar 6, 2018

Thanks for the translation and enjoy your time at university!

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

@elevown also keep in mind that kids are terrible and probably have bullied others for less

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Finally I got it! This is a daring subversion of the "returner" genre, only this time instead of a young body the MC gets to keep their body. This is done to shine a light on this pervasive genre and make us, the readers, realize just how disgusting and manipulative this theme is.

Just think, normally this would be a "teenager" doing it to another teenager, and as such, visually we would have no problem with it! In this case however, we see it for what it is and quite a few people suddenly have a problem with it.

Yuriribs
SHY discussion 17 Jul 13:15
joined Mar 6, 2018

Wow, I'm amazed just how fast I couldn't stand that new girl. "You don't understand the problems of normal people", says the super rich celebrity, which is totes in touch the working class. Yeah yeah, rich people also cry, but it's easier to cry on sheets of silk.

joined Mar 6, 2018

I was actually kinda excited to see periods being referenced, because they're a thing that happens all the time in real life but you never see in fiction.

From what I've seen yuri picks it quite often. There's some oneshots or stories where one girl helps out another with pain killers or the like - although it's always rather superficial

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 6:43AM

joined Mar 6, 2018

Ah yes, two girls bonding and getting wet together. That's what friendship is all about

joined Mar 6, 2018

That credit page... your valiant effort will not be in vain. This straddled a fine between straight up hentai and some character building - plus the situation is kind of fresh, because it didn't focus on the college aspect too much

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 7:44AM

joined Mar 6, 2018

This series is really good, especially since it does not portay the male partner as an irredeemable asshole. Watch me eat my own words as he resorts to violence in the next chapter. I like that she realizes herself that it's okay to be gay without a big bang

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Started reading because the title reminded me of Roadside Picnic and... this is just an awkward knock-off. It lifts certain concepts wholesale and tries to mix it with probably the authors own style, but it's very lacking. I think I would've enjoyed it more if embraced it's adventurous tone and if there was less gun fetishims and references to the original. That the yuri is rather absent as of now also doesn't help - if it was knock-off Roadside Picnic but with big fat yuri everywhere, it would be way more enjoyable.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Is this.. is this just American Psycho but with japanese lesbians?

joined Mar 6, 2018

Damn, these girls are playing Guilty Gear, they have mighty fine taste

joined Mar 6, 2018

Ahhh, this was going so well and now I'm being thrown back to "Will this end just like the oneshot?" ahhhhhhhhh this is hell. Definitely one hell of a ride

joined Mar 6, 2018

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing here, but I think Sexy Akiba Detectives do a great job with the translation. The characters each have a certain kind of character and that's enough for me.

Anyway, I like the way the story is going far better, since we're seeing more of the actual relationship - which gives me hope that this won't end with them being all casual about it! If they can either work it out together, they're far more developed than in the oneshot - or if they can't at least it won't feel as shallow and kinda depressing as in the oneshot

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

I don't even. That father twist and a confession, all in one chapter. Even if the author is pulling our leg and it turns out that one of them was in a coma and merely dreamt it all up - or wait, no, better yet, one of them was in a coma but was put into a virtual world BUT the other one joined them there so it was all kind of real but not in the real world, but it works out fine, yeah even if that were the case I'm fine with that, especially after this chapter! Hooray for mostly avoided melodrama and a confession!

joined Mar 6, 2018

Why are people dissatisfied? The manga is about a straight girl and her character development is that she's not that straight anymore. Anything beyond couldn't be put into a series that tells you it's about a straight girl in the title.

I am hoping for a follow up with a more explicit title though.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

When the Yuri is so strong it actively removes even offscreen men