Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yeah, it certainly feels like Kaede and Yamagishi see it a certain way if they think Konatsu would be willing to transfer a year before graduation just to remain close to Koyuki.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

IS THAT A FUKING CFS???

Exlkqqju0aejg_x-orig
joined Apr 30, 2019

With so much drama I forgot that she did not tell Konatsu that she would go to Tokyo

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

The "Moon is beautiful" phrase is always a confession in my book. I've seen it used soo many times in yuri subtext works that I'm sure it's just authors code for "they gay"

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 9:03AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

We finally got a glimpse of Konatsu's mom. I would assume she died when Konatsu was very young if that's the picture of her they keep around.

The "Moon is beautiful" phrase is always a confession in my book. I've seen it used soo many times in yuri subtext works that I'm sure it's just authors code for "they gay"

Could you give some examples if you remember them?

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 9:17AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I've gradually roasted to a crisp due to how much of a "slow burn" pace this story moves at. Not a complaint, I've seen face melting development ("I'm lonely without you")... but I can't help but wonder how this is gonna end?. That pretty much confession was practically an inferno in terms of plot for this manga, I hope it starts to lean more towards them realising they're more Yuri than subtext

Ye
joined Apr 1, 2018

I don't dislike this manga or anything and I think the art is phenomenal.

I do think I'm just disappointed with the direction of "friendship" and subtext it's taken.

Not that I have a right or say in expecting anything from authors. I just think all the dad drama and back and forth monologues isn't what I thought I was going to get when I started reading this and that's why I'm not as invested in this story as I thought I would be.

I know the author stated somewhere this wasn't intended to be yuri, but I still can't help but feel a little disappointed that it feels a little bait-y in that aspect. (Not saying that was the author's intent just comes across that way to me a bit).

I'll probably still skim through though whenever a new chapter is updated I think I've ultimately just lost interest in the story though.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Natsume Soseki.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

My heart skipped a beat when she said to look outside the window. Aaaaahh, this takes me back. I'd want to follow their story through, just to see how the author ends it. At this point, it feels really romantic, friendship or romance wise. Dang I can't wait for them to smooch or something. I hope author-san ends with a yuri note.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Natsume Soseki.

Thanks, didn't know that. I must say the author is raising my expectations then.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

unfortunately to me, this rift felt painfully realistic. i've had similar rifts that seem to come from nowhere, but the both of you are hurting and don't know how to resolve it until admitting your vulnerability. in a lot of manga, i think the solution doesn't seem to fit the issue, but in this case it was perfect - they just needed to communicate to assuage both of their fears.

i am just as baffled as everyone by the lack of yuri this far in, though. not because it's gotten less gay - but because it's gotten MORE so. this drama felt far more characteristic of a fight in a relationship just before you agree to become serious about it. i don't know how this will be able to culminate in anything short of "life partners who live together" if nothing else.

True that. This reminded me a lot of memories from way back where I much ran away from the person I liked. I do hope they get a yuri end. Perhaps a surprise one. If not perhaps some explanation from the author...

Koyuki was so fast walking to Konatsu's house lol
She probably started running like heck right when Konatsu confirmed that she didn't tell her she was going to tokyo haha

Yk what whocares about the subtext and whatnot, cause this right here was beautiful, really touching, pulling up at night to see someone important to you. The moon really is beautiful and that's enough for me. I just want them to stay together, is all. If "it" happens then that's nice and if "it" doesn't, that's fine too, can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you for the translation.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 10:37AM by

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Koyuki sure has grown. Remember when she went on the field trip to Tokyo and it took her four days to decide to send Konatsu a text to ask her if she felt lonely without her (and then failed to send it due to falling asleep)? This time she called her right away upon getting her cellphone back and went to see her directly upon confirming she was home.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

Yeah, it certainly feels like Kaede and Yamagishi see it a certain way if they think Konatsu would be willing to transfer a year before graduation just to remain close to Koyuki.

She can't transfer just to remain close to Koyuki but the best universities are in Tokyo soooooooooooooooooooo :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm just sayin' the moon IS really beautiful tonight

joined Jul 1, 2018

^^ I will say that I absolutely LIVE for the character development in this manga. I really like that even though we may not ever see a romantic relationship between the two, we still see how much they mean to one another, and how they each have grown as a result of the other person.

joined Jul 26, 2016

[YOUTH intensifies]

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She can't transfer just to remain close to Koyuki but the best universities are in Tokyo soooooooooooooooooooo :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm just sayin' the moon IS really beautiful tonight

Oh, she's definitely going back to Tokyo after graduation like she already said last year, ideally her father will come back and find another job in the city as well. And who knows, maybe Konatsu will even go to the same oceanography university as Koyuki if she has to take over the aquarium club from now on and gets passionate about it. But it was telling that Kaede thought Konatsu might want to transfer back to Tokyo right away without even finishing high school in Ehime.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"The moon is beautiful".

Totally a confession.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But maybe Koyuki isn’t very aware of famous Japanese literary allusions, so her saying, “The moon is beautiful” is just a random meteorological observation—you know, small talk.

(Sometimes I crack myself up . . .)

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^ Next chapter, Konatsu walks outside and notices the moon is covered by clouds.

joined Jul 1, 2018

But maybe Koyuki isn’t very aware of famous Japanese literary allusions, so her saying, “The moon is beautiful” is just a random meteorological observation—you know, small talk.

(Sometimes I crack myself up . . .)

I really wouldn’t put it past her, she was socially awkward until like four chapters ago

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

^ Next chapter, Konatsu walks outside and notices the moon is covered by clouds.

And even so, after the storm, the flowers will still bloom into their lively forms.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

The moon is beautiful, we can read it as a confession, or not, to be honest these two are awesome characters but nothing is happening!!!!!! ok it is sorta, slowly, very slowly and it may not become a real yuri romance T_T I do expect they kiss or something if not well, I'll consider it an ok reading and never look back xD

joined Jun 12, 2019

love these girlfriends

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

And even so, after the storm, the flowers will still bloom into their lively forms.

This girlship is built to sail the roughest of seas.

To reply you must either login or sign up.