Forum › Citrus + discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

No, why am I crying!?

joined Oct 31, 2013

The more I read or see Citrus the more I'm convinced its crap. I mean no lie this isnt even good story wise, I mean there is sooooo many yuri manga's that I've read in the 15 years that are way better than this. Also when are they going to fuck?

joined Apr 6, 2013

The more I read or see Citrus the more I'm convinced its crap. I mean no lie this isnt even good story wise, I mean there is sooooo many yuri manga's that I've read in the 15 years that are way better than this. Also when are they going to fuck?

Don't act like you're special, everyone already knows that, your pretty late to the party. The appeal is its so crap and melodramatic that it becomes entertaining.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Not diggin' the stylistic changes. Not just Yuzu's hairstyle, but also the "intense eyes" on random characters (especially Harumin). I am not a fan of the heavier lines that distinguish Citrus+ from its predecessor, either. Oh well...

I thought the artstyle had changed a fair bit! Maybe Saburo got an assistant to help out to keep up with releases? Or maybe just trying something new?

Don't act like you're special, everyone already knows that, your pretty late to the party. The appeal is its so crap and melodramatic that it becomes entertaining.

It's the reason why the YuzuTop edition exists.... And the YuzuTop edition is why I exist

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

there's a lot of manga I think is crap as well but I don't go around their forums telling how much I hate it or how bad it is....grow up and let people enjoy what they like
Citrus has one of the best art in yuri , so I guess that's it's strong part,. everyone should just appreciate the effort a mangaka makes and stop saying how bad it is etc. and this goes to every mangaka out there

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For real, the series has been going for seven years and everyone should know what to expect from it. Why keep having wild expectations and then complain when those don't happen?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

yeah talking shit about citrus was a 2019 thing, the new trend is to ignore citrus and let it die, just like this thread and it´s popularity is doing, slowly but surely

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 6:20AM

joined Jan 17, 2020

I think Harumin has special feelings for Matsuri that she herself is unaware of, and that's being hinted at for a while now.

Harumin is perceptive with people's feelings but doesn't want to get involved, even if it's about Yuzu who is her best friend. But Harumin seems compelled to help when Matsuri shows stronger feelings. I recall during the Summer camp arc when Matsuri was going hysterical over the discovery that Mei would get engaged, that Harumin hugged her tight and dragged her away.

Now she is the first to notice Matsuri is gone and will likely confront her over it. Gay!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

yeah talking shit about citrus was a 2019 thing, the new trend is to ignore citrus and let it die, just like this thread and it´s popularity is doing, slowly but surely

Haven't we been doing that in 2019 too? Heck, there's an argument to be had that the current policy may have had it's very first beginnings as early as late 2018, during the golden age of hating on and talking shit about citrus?

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 8:47AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

that Harumin hugged her tight and dragged her away.

She was just trying to calm her.

Harumin is perceptive with people's feelings but doesn't want to get involved

That's make me think she is more useless than i thought. I mean, she was dense, it could act as an excuse for her doing nothing but if she know then it's worse. Harumin has always been suck a passive character.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

I don't like Yuzu's hairstyle in this chapter, it reminds me too much of that manipulative bitch Risako from My Unrequited Love :/

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I adore how perfectly timed this chapter was with Pride Month. Yuzu helping Sayaka overcome her internalized homophobia, the flashback to Sara's speech on how it doesn't matter what gender you fall in love with... such a beautiful conversation <3

Reminds me of Pride Month 2018, when Yuzu came out to everyone (Chapter 39). Saburouta knows what she's doing ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It really is, Yuzu is turning into the yuri ambassador too.
Sayaka might be still far from confessing but she's gonna get there too.

I got my fill with Watamote this month too :P

joined Jan 14, 2020

I want to say I like Citrus, but I've also been scared to re-read it. I think mostly I liked the setup and the art. 15 yo stepsisters who share a bed in a haze of mutual lust and dubious consent, what's not to like? Clearly they'll soon be topping each other like horny bunnies.

spoiler: they did not top each other like horny bunnies. or at all.

they ran around in circles like deranged bunnies.

and we got too much matsuri

not enough harumin

way too much shirapon

(any shirapon is too much shirapon)

and blah blah school rules stuff school president whatever

you're sleeping with your sister get to it

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Haven't we been doing that in 2019 too? Heck, there's an argument to be had that the current policy may have had it's very first beginnings as early as late 2018, during the golden age of hating on and talking shit about citrus?

Mmm i mean yeah, but back then citrus had this "so bad that is good " vibe, it was fun to hate on citrus, there was a community that eagerly wait for a new chapter just to argue with fans and point out how dumb citrus was
Right now citrus is just boring, is not even fun to hate on it , even fans just keep reading to see if yuzu and mei are gonna have sex and to see the harumin x matsuri couple (wich might not even happen)

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Mmm i mean yeah, but back then citrus had this "so bad that is good " vibe, it was fun to hate on citrus, there was a community that eagerly wait for a new chapter just to argue with fans and point out how dumb citrus was
Right now citrus is just boring, is not even fun to hate on it , even fans just keep reading to see if yuzu and mei are gonna have sex and to see the harumin x matsuri couple (wich might not even happen)

It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume why the fans are still reading Citrus. True, some of us like HaruMatsu and all of us are eagerly awaiting Yuzu and Mei's first time. But there are also lots of fans, myself included, who genuinely enjoy Citrus and Citrus+ because we love the characters and relationship between Yuzu and Mei. We enjoy theorizing about upcoming chapters, gushing over cute character moments and laughing at funny ones, discussing our favorite ships, etc. You know, stuff that a fandom usually does. Contrary to what you might believe, we're not that shallow.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume why the fans are still reading Citrus. True, some of us like HaruMatsu and all of us are eagerly awaiting Yuzu and Mei's first time. But there are also lots of fans, myself included, who genuinely enjoy Citrus and Citrus+ because we love the characters and relationship between Yuzu and Mei. We enjoy theorizing about upcoming chapters, gushing over cute character moments and laughing at funny ones, discussing our favorite ships, etc. You know, stuff that a fandom usually does. Contrary to what you might believe, we're not that shallow.

Also we are a fun community that likes to ignore the haters as much as possible cause hating citrus was just a trend that slowly died and the haters should slowly fade and die away as well

xoAiharaYuzuxo
joined Jun 8, 2020

Well said @ShoujoCent!

People are totally allowed to dislike citrus all they like if that's what they want. I don't really get the point of going onto a forum just to continually bash it instead of moving onto a different story that you actually enjoy, but, hey, more power to you if that's what you want to do. Nothing out there pleases everyone. It won't take away from the enjoyment that I've gotten, and continue to get, out of the series!

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 7:41PM

joined Jan 17, 2020

I agree with this tbh. Citrus used to be way more fun, when Mei was just plain toxic rather than socially clueless, and there was the whole dubious consent thing going on. I'm not sure who decided to change them into a vanilla couple but it didn't work out well for this series.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For real, why are people so invested on seeing Yuzu and Mei fuck?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sunk Costs Fallacy.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

For fans of the manga, it's because they want to see the culmination of Yuzu and Mei's relationship (before their marriage at least) and see them have a truly intimate moment where there's no more hesitation between them.

For non-fans, at least from what I can guess based on the last few posts, it's to have an excuse to drop the manga faster. As soon as Yuzu and Mei bang, they'll be out of here because they see no value in the story beyond that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For fans of the manga, it's because they want to see the culmination of Yuzu and Mei's relationship (before their marriage at least) and see them have a truly intimate moment where there's no more hesitation between them.

That does seem like a pretty big misconception of Yuzu and Mei's characters though. A huge point about the series is how important true love is and how it is more important than simple carnal desires. Yuzu and Mei relationship did start physical but it quickly moved into being about the two of them connecting in a way they didn't with anyone else.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yuzu and Mei relationship did start physical but it quickly moved into being about the two of them connecting in a way they didn't with anyone else.

It did? I mean i barely remember yuzu and mei talking , heck i don't even remember they spending that much time together, i do remember a lot of matsuri, harumin, nene and shirapon hanging with yuzu and a lot of kisses wich apparently is the only way mei and yuzu interact with each other

joined Jan 17, 2020

A huge point about the series is how important true love is and how it is more important than simple carnal desires.

We are shown neither intense romance nor carnal desires though.

Mei and Yuzu seem like a couple suffering from Lesbian Bed Death or something.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 8:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.