Forum › Citrus + discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Yuzu seems badly off-model for most of the chapter, though normal on page 33. Harumin also seemed off, though less so, and normal again on 33.

Evidently (from posts below) Opinions Differ—but I found Yuzu to be barely recognizable, and kind of . . . creepy looking.

Well, it's a good thing Sabu is starting to experiment new hairstyles and all, but same, that hairstyle makes Yuzu look a bit..off? I'm not sure why though, it just does.

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Thought the same, from her charachter's developement it doesn't seem like Yuzu would ever wear her hair in a style that gave her such a harsh look. Or rather, she would know how to style it off the forehead in an attractive way.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 9:03PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thought the same, from her charachter's developement it doesn't seem like Yuzu would ever wear her hair in a style that gave her such a harsh look.

Sabu rarely uses a female character design with a hairdo showing the forehead—the mom is the only one I can think of offhand. In fact, quite the contrary—all the main characters have hairstyles with distinctive bangs or fringes that reach to below the eyebrows.

So maybe she’s just not used to drawing foreheads, which does raise that question of why have Yuzu feature her bruise without mentioning anything about it? In terms of plot there’s no reason to show the bruise to everyone, and would her bangs really cause enough discomfort for Yuzu to change her hairstyle so radically?

Just seems a little odd because, for all the big and little inconsistencies of plot and characterization, visual character design has generally been the most rock solid aspect of the series.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I went back and took a close look at all these panels with Yuzu's new hairstyle, and I didn't find anything aesthetically wrong with the head shape, size, or hairline. I think any discomfort one might find with her look is just design whiplash, since we're so used to seeing her with her bangs down.

Design changes, even the smallest ones, are always a risk and may not please everyone, but at least she looks normal(?) again once her hair is down at the end of the chapter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tbh i really like that hairstyle

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Creepy hairstyles aside, that whole "protected from the outside world" is such a fucking creepy concept. No wonder half the students have such emotional problems.

joined Nov 14, 2013

I'm pretty sure Yuzu is wearing her hair like that to show off the bruise she got from being punched in the last chapters - likely as a way to show she's not hiding anything when she talks to Sayaka, plus if she flaunts it she takes most of the heat herself like she prefers to do.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 4:09PM

joined May 24, 2014

The GAYNSGT!

it's up to 10,000!!!

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

I thought it was a new girl until they said her name...

Matsuri arc though, maybe it can actually make me like the character.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Evidently (from posts below) Opinions Differ—but I found Yuzu to be barely recognizable, and kind of . . . creepy looking.

Same here, really...

Harumin's face with the Haruyuzu delusion was priceless hahaha

And this.

But let's also not forget the poor guy having to hear them talk about the engagement. :D

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

The easiest explanation is that the bruise didn't let Yuzu do her hair in her usual way and she had to change it to avoid discomfort. By the end of the chapter, four days have passed and the bruise has healed up so she can go back to her old hairstyle.

Yuzu uses hot iron to straighten her hair so yeah I thought the same,maybe she feared she would hurt the bruise more if she did her bangs so she did that new hairstyle.
honestly I liked it,it gave her more mature look and it was fitting for the things she discussed with Sayaka

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm glad I asked! I'd forgotten about/didn't notice the bruise, and I obviously noticed something was different but hadn't realized it was the hairstyle in particular. Thanks!

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

The return of every bodies favorite forehead XD

Art02
joined Apr 18, 2015

hm

joined Apr 6, 2013

Man, Matsuri sure must feel loved given it takes everyone a few days if not a week to notice she's been gone.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

F O R E H E A D

Screenshot_2021-03-25-02-57-39-917
joined Feb 17, 2019

HARUMI AND MATSURI GONNA inhale
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Screenshot_2021-03-25-02-57-39-917
joined Feb 17, 2019

she got that bigass forehead

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hoskins88 posted:

Man, Matsuri sure must feel loved given it takes everyone a few days if not a week to notice she's been gone.

When you put it like that.... ouch, well, she's never been the diligent type so I guess it's normal when she's gone for a few days and they just noticed that it's been too long

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

I like Yuzu's new hair. She looks more mature. Maybe the characters are starting to show signs of growing up?

Also, what did Harumin discover or remember when she was left alone with Nene?

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 10:02PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Also, what did Harumin discover or remember when she was left alone with Nene?

Not sure myself. My best guess is her noticing Matsuri wasn't around.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, that was the implication, that Harumin was the only one who was (vaguely) aware of Matsuri's absence.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Not diggin' the stylistic changes. Not just Yuzu's hairstyle, but also the "intense eyes" on random characters (especially Harumin). I am not a fan of the heavier lines that distinguish Citrus+ from its predecessor, either. Oh well...

joined Apr 6, 2013

Yeah, that was the implication, that Harumin was the only one who was (vaguely) aware of Matsuri's absence.

Matsuri's been hanging in her closet pass couple days and not even her parents noticed.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf is with yuzu’s hair man xD like wtf, but did also Harumin look at that girls fantasies?! And then realize she’s not with matsuri? Hahaha XD

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 3:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.