Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Jan 25, 2017

It's honestly kind of interesting/surprising how comfortable Shimamura seems with the idea of physical intimacy already, tbh. Like, compared to how nervous she was about the idea of Adachi saying she loves her back in volume 1 or 2, she's surprisingly chill about the idea of kissing here.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This might be somewhat old news, but I found a really cool interview about both AdaShima and Bloom into You.

https://wolfhonyaku.wordpress.com/2019/11/11/column-special-feature-bloom-into-you-x-adachi-to-shimamura-a-conversation-with-nakatani-nio-iruma-hitoma-and-yuzuhara-moke-translation

They mention volume 8 but there aren't any spoilers.

This is great, thanks for sharing it. I'm up for interviews with some of my favorite authors of all time.

Edit: Have properly read it now, and this is fantastic. Iruma outright admitted he wrote the first volume without the future in mind and that he doesn't really remember it anymore, so it makes a lot of sense Shima and Adachi from volume 1 might be OOC in the grand picture.

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 5:53PM

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

Ahem.
I found myself squealing every time Shimamura casually dropped the 'girlfriend' word so I decided to start counting them whenever it was mentioned in this specific chapter. Complete with page numbers too.

(Page 76) +2, (Page 77) +1, (Page 80) +1, (Page 81) +2, (Page 90) +1, (Page 101) +2, (Page 102) +1, (Page 111) +1, (Page 116) +2, (Page 117) +1, (Page 126) +1 = total of 15 times.

That is all.

I have no faith in my ability to contribute anything substantial like a proper review so this is it. Yes.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

I found myself squealing every time Shimamura casually dropped the 'girlfriend' word.

Funny you should say that, because I'm pretty sure Shimamura herself has been squealing internally quite a bit; not to mention bringing it up every chance she gets, as you just showed.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She did monologue that she found it embarassing when Adachi kept asking her to confirm it, though that's normal.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

She did monologue that she found it embarassing when Adachi kept asking her to confirm it, though that's normal.

She monologued that the whole confession and then subsequent assent to officially date was super embarrassing too. Twice. lol

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Amazing chapter as always. Thank you as always Sneik and co. for all the hard work, hope you all have a good week.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

A small question I had for sneik/shades: when making the pdfs, would it be a good idea to reverse the page order of the double page color illustrations?
Otherwise they end up looking like this.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ I'll pass on the question to sneik to make sure he sees it. :)

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I do hope the series goes on for a long time so we can get to the spicier parts of the relationship but well at least 1 volume per year would be nice, I know he kind of got busy also making the bloom into you Sayaka novels but it's just sad when the series go from 6 months a volume to a year to 2 etc a la overlord.

Just hope he doesn't get burned out with the series or is cancelled or throws a tantrum about entitled readers lol, denpa onna was cancelled right ?

last edited at Jun 16, 2020 6:31PM

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

No, Denpa Onna was completed. And with volume 9 announced we can assume he'll go back to a more regular schedule.

joined Jan 25, 2017

No, Denpa Onna was completed. And with volume 9 announced we can assume he'll go back to a more regular schedule.

Can we? Do we know why the long break happened? Was he just working on other stuff that's finished now or something?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Can we? Do we know why the long break happened? Was he just working on other stuff that's finished now or something?

I don't know if a public confirmation has ever been said but I am guessing the break was to work on the Sayaka novels.
I guess more than assume, we can hope that he goes back to a more regular schedule, hopefully at least a volume a year.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Where can I download the PDF of all the translated volumes at the moment?? I love this series so much I wanna share it with my friends!

https://sneikkimies.github.io/

Sneik or someone, please add this link to this page, so I can stop searching 'sneik' in my history every time new chapter is out.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Where can I download the PDF of all the translated volumes at the moment?? I love this series so much I wanna share it with my friends!

https://sneikkimies.github.io/

Sneik or someone, please add this link to this page, so I can stop searching 'sneik' in my history every time new chapter is out.

Thanks for pointing this out. I made a request and it looks like it went through.

Tumblr_7a6a9f632c59020bf2c8f92a50387af1_6deabc31_540xd-compressor-compressor-compressor-compressor-compressor
joined Jun 15, 2020

Thanks for translating the novels, I am seriously eternally grateful to you.

I love adachi to shimamura ヽ(^o^)ノ ♥

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 6:02PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can i offer you an old Dengeki splash illustration of those two.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

for a sec I thought that was the volume 9 cover ^^;
really nice picture, thanks for sharing it!
I guess it's not supposed to be a moment in volume 7 ur 8 and rather just a regular illustration

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

for a sec I thought that was the volume 9 cover ^^;
really nice picture, thanks for sharing it!
I guess it's not supposed to be a moment in volume 7 ur 8 and rather just a regular illustration

The illustration was uploaded in 2016 on zerochan so.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I also got excited thinking it was volume 9s cover ...... lol well it is a pretty nice pic I see theyre already wet after finishing some play, Shima sure seems forceful with her hands there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I suppose the illustrator's comment may explain it a bit more, anyone with the ability to do so care to translate?

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

"Adachi and Shimamura splashing about in the garden. It was a tough choice not going with the ocean or even a pool, but considering Shimamura's personality and how she'd rather stay at home... Yeah. Also, Adachi's looking pretty calm despite Shimamura wearing a swimsuit in front of her, huh?"

Something like that.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you! ^_^

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I don't who it was that recommended Lily but it was pretty good thx, season 1 was kinda slow but S2 has been pretty fun.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

My belated thanks to Sneikkimies and the rest of the team who bring more of this lovely story to us week after week.

So grateful there are Shimamura's out there for the world's Adachis, ha-ha. That is some possessiveness that I would not want to handle. Shimamura is kinder than she knows.

Looking forward to the next installment.

To reply you must either login or sign up.