Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah I bought the first two volumes and had a nice time rereading the whole beginning.

Rereading the early stuff does kinda highlight how frustrating some of the middle volumes are. Cuz like early shimamura is super into Adachi, and she seeks out excuses to spend time with her. Passive shimamura doesn't really make sense with that, except I guess in shima feeling generally in denial about things.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/rubs hands together and maniacally cackles in QC

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Hey look, it's that time of the month again.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We'll just assume this is your default mode all the time.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

We'll just assume this is your default mode all the time.

Oh, it's not. Lol

joined Mar 11, 2020

The chapter where Adachi got upset with Shimamura made me cry... That really frustrated me because it look like Shimamura didn't care...
But thanks God I was mistaken and damn if they are cute >\\<
I'm really happy they are together but am I the only one who think it's still early to say those three words? Well Adachi is really straightforward but Shimamura? I know she's changing but it's a little weird... Well I'm not complaining though....
Now I want more of them together!!! Ahh I'm being greedy like Adachi lol
Do you guys happen to know where the next update?
Can someone advice me some other story like this?

Does someone happen to know where I can buy those books? (EU)

Thanks

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Does someone happen to know where I can buy those books? (EU)

Amazon or any selling website with book will be your best bet. If you have specialized bookstores nearby you can check too. Althought i don't know where in a bookstore they will sell a LN.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Hopefully not too soon or I'll end up reading at 4AM again with work in the morning.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

This is kind of threatening...
I love it!

joined May 11, 2020

Okay, it's really great to see that they are a couple now but I can't believe that Shima really loves Adachi like she said on v7c2 (I was really happy though). I may be mistaken too, oh God, I can't wait for the next chapters from Shima's point of view

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I think volume 6 makes Shima loving Adachi believable, she finally opens up to creating a bond with someone thanks to all the realizations that hit her while thinking about her relationship with Gon.

Throughout the volume she's constantly thinking about Adachi and what her breakdown meant and what their relationship is and how she wants to continue growing it since Adachi is so fucking weird and understands her in a weird level that the moment they get back she can't wait to talk to her, also after Adachi's first extra romantic confession she never feels disgust, or apprehension or something, to me it looks like she's really excited that somebody can love her that much, and especially so if it's Adachi.

Then on the day of the festival and with Adachi stopping fucking around and finally getting shit done (kinda) she does hesitate for a little while since that's just the type of person she is but when she says "sure let's try it" to a romantic relationship ? And with another girl ? Shima's going all out, she has too that's the sort of person she is, I guess she never really thought anybody would love someone boring like her, and she never thought she could love someone so Adachi being all excited about loving her probably is a lot to her and she really loves her back.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

.............. <_<

/clears throat

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

.............. <_<

/clears throat

You're really on point with all those old-school Disney villain cackling eh? lol.

I'm excited and my body is ready.

.............. <_<

/clears throat

I love this, it never fails to put a grin on my face.

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

OH MY GODDESS! SHIMAMURA CALLED ADACHI BY HER FIRST NAME!!!
OH MY GODDESS! SHIMAMURA WANT TO EXCHANGE LUNCH WITH ADACHI!!
OH MY GODDESS! SHIMAMURA KISSED ADACH'S FOREHEAD AND ASSURED ADACHI THAT SHE IS THE ONLY ONE!!!
I can't believe all of these happened in one chapter. And Shimamura knows her girlfriend Adachi as if Adachi's mind was linked to her own mind.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ hahahahaha ^_^

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Wow, lots of artwork in this chapter, I hope it becomes more common.

Mysterious_person
joined Jun 10, 2013

the adachi today just hits hard

im not crying, my eyes are just sweaty

im really happy for her

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I want to say I hope Shimamura won't be TOO accomodating. That Adachi took her away from talking to Hino and Nagafuji is ludicrous and she should be told acting like that is too much.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

I've finally decided to join this forum after being a long-time lurker because I love this series so much.
First of all I want to give a big thanks to sneik and shades for their incredible effort. As someone who both owns the JP novels and aims to be a translator, their work on this is nothing short of amazing.

Onto the actual chapter: I died from cuteness once again. Seeing Adachi be so happy is just so heartwarming. Also, I'm glad we're really exploring the small conflicts born from the fact that the way Shima and Adachi feel isn't exactly the same.

I want to say I hope Shimamura won't be TOO accomodating. That Adachi took her away from talking to Hino and Nagafuji is ludicrous and she should be told acting like that is too much.

I agree, now that Shima's managed to make progress on her passiveness, we need to see development from Adachi too. Her obsessive dependency was one of the reasons that outburst in volume 5 was as bad as it was.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was exactly why she came up with the lunch exchange idea, as well as the kiss. To give Adachi the confidence in their relationship that she needs to stop becoming jealous of every meeting or phone call.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yeah, but since it's Adachi, I'm not sure I expect it to stick unless she's explicitly told.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She sure is troublesome... :D

Well, I'm sure Shima would do exactly that if it becomes necessary. Pretty much did with the call. It's just easier to get Adachi to listen when she can back up her words by showing that Adachi is indeed special to her.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

After reading this chapter, I only have one thing to say : I'm glad I'm alive

To reply you must either login or sign up.