Forum › Posts by AKeupho

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Thanks for the translation as always! Why do the chapter numbers skip from 2 to 4? Is it because there was no chapter in volume 3 of the anime BD?

Scans for the third BD story weren't available until literally the other day, so sneik went ahead and tl'd the 4th one first. We'll be getting the 3rd one a while from now, I'd guess.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Chapter's out on sneik's site!

You wouldn't be able to tell there was almost a 3-year gap in the novels at all. And I'm really glad to see what we're exploring in this volume.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

I can't believe we're actually caught up on AdaShima. I owe sneik and shades my entire life.

Really loved the chapter, Pancho was such a good girl this whole time.

That foreboding afterword though. I wonder if Iruma was sick at the time, considering the 2 year and a half breaks he took in-between volumes 7-8 and 8-9.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

The chapters were as great as Shima introspection chapters always are. As much as I enjoy fluff, the part I liked the most was Shima clearly delineating what is "too much" from Adachi. It's understandable that they still need to work a few things out.
Now that Adachi is finally able to speak her mind most of the time, I hope the next development can lead to Shima being able to talk more openly to her about how she feels.

My main takeaway from that is that this author really likes aliens for whatever reason. :?

You have no idea. Source: recently got done reading volume 6 of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.
That series utilizes the concept of "aliens" in so many ways.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 9:38AM

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

The boomerang came back. As it's supposed to.

This whole chapter was just incredibly sweet. I love how both Adachi and Shima are trying to bridge their differences little by little.

By the way, if anybody's curious about the silver-haired girl that Shou met in the extra, it's almost 100% the Yashiro from Denpa Onna. https://imgur.com/Lxy06VJ

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

No, Denpa Onna was completed. And with volume 9 announced we can assume he'll go back to a more regular schedule.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

A small question I had for sneik/shades: when making the pdfs, would it be a good idea to reverse the page order of the double page color illustrations?
Otherwise they end up looking like this.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

This might be somewhat old news, but I found a really cool interview about both AdaShima and Bloom into You.

https://wolfhonyaku.wordpress.com/2019/11/11/column-special-feature-bloom-into-you-x-adachi-to-shimamura-a-conversation-with-nakatani-nio-iruma-hitoma-and-yuzuhara-moke-translation

They mention volume 8 but there aren't any spoilers.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Adachi does need to tone down the jealousy a bit, but it's not like I don't understand where she's coming from. Especially since until just recently, she was the only one making an effort to get closer. She doesn't have the luxury of seeing Shimamura's POV.
Thankfully, Shimamura's being an absolute legend in reassuring her, even as she's still worrying about how she should handle it.

I'm really happy about all this updates but I'm sad at the same time the closer we get to volume 8 the close we get to no more chapters ..... Any news on volume 9?

It is indeed confirmed for this summer. I haven't seen any specific news, but according to speculation in the JP fandom, apparently it's likely to come out mid-July.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Iruma Hitoma is just so good at these kinds of low-key stories where all the appeal is in the characters. I felt it when reading AdaShima, when I read the YagaKimi Sayaka novel, and now recently while watching/reading Denpa Onna. I think he's the best author at writing 1st person perspective and letting you experience all the small changes in the characters.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Shima's mom is the most true to life depiction of a mother I've seen in fiction and it's uncanny

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

I've finally decided to join this forum after being a long-time lurker because I love this series so much.
First of all I want to give a big thanks to sneik and shades for their incredible effort. As someone who both owns the JP novels and aims to be a translator, their work on this is nothing short of amazing.

Onto the actual chapter: I died from cuteness once again. Seeing Adachi be so happy is just so heartwarming. Also, I'm glad we're really exploring the small conflicts born from the fact that the way Shima and Adachi feel isn't exactly the same.

I want to say I hope Shimamura won't be TOO accomodating. That Adachi took her away from talking to Hino and Nagafuji is ludicrous and she should be told acting like that is too much.

I agree, now that Shima's managed to make progress on her passiveness, we need to see development from Adachi too. Her obsessive dependency was one of the reasons that outburst in volume 5 was as bad as it was.