Forum › My First Love Was a Beautiful "Girl" discussion

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Surprisingly little drama in the resolution.. and a very surprising story behind Uzuki's cross-dressing (especially the technically unwilling nature of it).

... On a different note, the title has been changed at some point. Why? Was it because the actual translation is too long? I dislike the new one due to it being an inaccurate translation of the Japanese title.

Be%20my%20baby%20square%20crop%20nana
joined Oct 28, 2014

feeling absolutely feral at the chuck palahniuk reference in this chapter. kobayashi kina you are a maniac

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Everyone is secretly gay.

We all are.

joined May 15, 2019

What was the Chuck Palahniuk reference?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

WHAT?

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Wow this chapter certainly had some.... Revelations

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That ended up pretty wholesome

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Disregard my previous comment about the title change; I just looked at the newly introduced cover for this comic, and it turns out to be the author's own choice (a la Gainax insisting on Neon Genesis Evangelion as the English title for what is better known in Japan as Shinseiki Evangelion).

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MarqFJA87 posted:

Disregard my previous comment about the title change; I just looked at the newly introduced cover for this comic, and it turns out to be the author's own choice (a la Gainax insisting on Neon Genesis Evangelion as the English title for what is better known in Japan as Shinseiki Evangelion).

Oh yea. It's very common for author's to translate their own titles in english even if they're not always correct (cough Attack on Titan cough).

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 3:32PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Surprisingly little drama in the resolution.. and a very surprising story behind Uzuki's cross-dressing (especially the technically unwilling nature of it).

... On a different note, the title has been changed at some point. Why? Was it because the actual translation is too long? I dislike the new one due to it being an inaccurate translation of the Japanese title.

What was the original title again? I recognized that this was a different title from before but I forgot the old one haha

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

At first, I was like "Man, this sister is an insensitive bitch. Guess this chapter is about her learning to accept her brother for who is, crossdressing and all."

Then I was like, "OMG, she's not being insensitive, her actual issue is with the reason behind him crossdressing... and she has a very good point in it being totally crazy!"

But by the end, I just stared and said "Girl, you are the last one to criticize your brother for why he crossdresses."

What was the original title again? I recognized that this was a different title from before but I forgot the old one haha

It used to be About a Guy Who's Been Destroyed From His First Love Being a Pretty Girl ♂, which is an almost literal translation of the Japanese title 初恋が美少女♂で、息の根を止められてしまった少年の話 (romanized as Hatsukoi ga Bishoujo ♂ de, Ikinone o Tomerareteshimatta Shounen no Hanashi), missing only the translation of 話 ("story").

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Still thinking that there must be reason why the author decided to make them twins... Just think about it, if the sister decides to act like Ai and viceversa it would be ...hmmmm... What's the word for that, let's just say "interesting" XP

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks that the twins' ideal opposite gender personas look suspiciously like each other?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Am I the only one who thinks that the twins' ideal opposite gender personas look suspiciously like each other?

well, they are twins

jokes aside, isn't there a phenomenon where people like people who remind them of their siblings/parents?

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

isn't there a phenomenon where people like people who remind them of their siblings/parents?

If you mean the Oedipus/Electra complex, where people are attracted to partners based on unresolved issues with their parents, those Ideas are largely outdated and aren't taken very seriously by the scientific community any more. That being said, they are still very popular ideas in pop culture and most books and movies still pretend they're a thing

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 6:47PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

jokes aside, isn't there a phenomenon where people like people who remind them of their siblings/parents?

Not sure about siblings/parents, but apparently we like them to look similar to us, but not too similar. Because that would be creepy, right?

joined Oct 27, 2018

So I take it all of them crossdress for absolutely stupid reasons?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So I take it all of them crossdress for absolutely stupid reasons?

He does it out of love though

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Wow this really is like that couple from Nanashi no Asterism

Even though they're from an alternate universe they are still in a awkward relationship huh.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

its still them from Nanashi no Asterism, just with a different name

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I laughed the exchange between Ryuugasaki and Ushiwaka at the end. The former clearly was certain that the latter had to have noticed Yano's attraction to the character that Suenaga is cosplaying as, even though there's no real reason why he'd reach that conclusion (Yano did a very good job of only coming across as being nice to his childhood friend when he gave him a chance to regain his lost crossdressing freedom).

joined May 4, 2013

Draw a girl
Call it a boy
???
Profit

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is great lol

Cute%20cat
joined Jun 1, 2020

Boyfriend appears next chapter! Hype!

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What the hell does "gawdier" mean? I can't find it in Google.

To reply you must either login or sign up.