Forum › My First Love Was a Beautiful "Girl" discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh hi Subaru.

What's with this author and the color yellow? I've seen several stories by Kobayashi Kina where the pages are normal black-and-white pages except that seemingly random spots in seemingly random panels are colored yellow...

I find it weird, too.

I personally really like it.

joined Dec 30, 2018

What's with this author and the color yellow? I've seen several stories by Kobayashi Kina where the pages are normal black-and-white pages except that seemingly random spots in seemingly random panels are colored yellow...

I find it weird, too.

I personally really like it.

I also like it
In fact I wish more manga had a different color palette
For example take that recent yuri Boylish girlfrend or whatever was it called

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

I never found funny the "you look and act like a perfect girl I'd totally date, but you're a guy so you're out of question" joke, doubly so when person in question is a actual trans woman, but it was played for laughs so many times, at this point it is just such boring cliche, I wish it died already.

I'm in agreement. The heteronormativity that inhibits this archetypal conflict is extremely stale.

"But I can't be with a ///guy///!!!!1"
Like yeah you could mate if you weren't such a fucking coward

On a side note it's pretty exhausting that these stories so rarely have any genuine concept of the trans experience. And even if we validate the cliche of characters rejecting the idea of romance with cisgendered crossdressers like their tendencies are just a deviant hobby, translations could stand to stop using "drag" as though it has the same connotation.

I find the word “coward,” in this situation, to be a bit much. Calling someone that wouldn’t help a real life situation and probably not here, either. You can help guide them to a solution that may make them happy, and hope they’ll do it if it’s beneficial to the issue they’re dealing with. However, insulting them would make them even more defensive. And it makes you look bad, as well.

It was clearly tongue-in-cheek

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'd say this series is taking a turn for the weird, but when was it ever un-weird?

Anyway, I like it, just feel sad for the bad connotations.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how loaded this page is with Funny Background events... and then they keep it up for the next scene

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I was wondering when we were going to see an update of this manga and here it is!
One of the few crossdressing manga's I can actually tolerate

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

The fact that they're trying so damn hard to make him like dudes (crossdressing or not) and make him feel bad for not liking them made me really uncomfortable, growing in a greatly homophobic environment reminded me of that bigotry, because people would always be like "But what if those girls are actually boys!? See? You're straight!" "Those butchy lesbians look like dudes, so you must like men afterall".

I can't help but feel like if the crossdressers were actually women crossdressing as dudes and the MC was a gay man who was attracted to one of them only for it to turn out to be a woman, who would constantly mock* him and remind him he fell in love with her and that he should feel bad for not romantically liking women in drag, it would be called really homophobic.

Yeah, Chapter 2 really reeked of so much heterophobia (intentional or not) that I almost resolved to drop this entirely after deciding it seemed sufficiently kinda-funny to give it a chance.

Fortunately, Chapter 3 seems to imply that it's not really going for a romantic angle with Ushiwaka and Ryuugasaki (which would be really forced unless something major changes -- and I'm not sure if such a change would be necessarily a good one), but rather the former being a friend in need for the latter to mitigate his popularity-induced social isolation.

I REALLY hope that Ushiwaka realizes he actually likes dudes on his OWN terms, rather than the other characters constantly pushing him towards it and making him feel bad for not liking them romantically. It just feels bad, hopefully he realizes it on his own otherwise I'm gonna have to drop it if it turns out he really does end up accepting his feelings and liking him just because everyone is trying to manipulate him into it, like IE; he analyzes his own feelings and why he carries his pendant and getting his own conclusions, rather than it being on the lines of "oh shit, everyone is telling me that not liking men is wrong, so maybe something really is wrong with me?"
Just my opinion.

Seems to me that he's not gay at all, since he didn't react at all to the other crossdressers, and it's just Ryuugasaki that he reacts to. I'm leaning towards the simple answer of Ushiwaka being still in love with the image that he had of Ryuugasaki back when he thought he was an actual girl, and the fact that Ryuugasaki insists on crossdressing 24/7 and not changing the behavior that he had during that time of ignorance prevented Ushiwaka from getting over his crush.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This isn't that bad right? There are so many trashy bl stories this one seems pleasant...depending on the ending lol.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Well, I guess my displeasure is compounded by the lack of redeeming traits in Ryuugasaki to compensate for his constant verbal bullying of Ushiwaka. Even the whole "doesn't have a friend that he's on equal terms with" bit felt rather lacklustre.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I've got the feeling that the tanned guy is actually a girl but that might just be wishful thinking. We will see

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I've got the feeling that the tanned guy is actually a girl but that might just be wishful thinking. We will see

Yeah, that's my thought too. Maybe a trans man? Who has to dress in drag because of his family. Though I know that even some straight women find wearing dresses and feminine stuff to feel like dressing in drag. A friend of mine described it as exactly that.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

adamatari posted:

Yeah, that's my thought too. Maybe a trans man? Who has to dress in drag because of his family. Though I know that even some straight women find wearing dresses and feminine stuff to feel like dressing in drag. A friend of mine described it as exactly that.

No, he is a gy, you get it from the other works from the same author. That's also why the new character isn't really new.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Wow Bakugo makes his debut in ch 04

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

This Ushiwaki guy is defenitely looks like Subaru from that Rem and Ram anime

from that Rem and Ram anime

lol

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Cue another guy getting destroyed from his first love being a pretty girl (♂).

last edited at May 29, 2019 7:26AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

"Why do you guys crossdress?"

Asking the real questions here, Ushiwaka. Good on you.

Page 12: … Why is yellow the only color that is represented as it is, in contrast to the monochrome palette of the rest of the comic?

Page 17-18: … Are the "don't read this" messages actually part of the comic, or were they added by the scanlator?

Page 24: "You have to cross-dress for family reasons?" OK, here's my guess: His mother died, and his grieving father ended up falling into the delusion that his son is actually his daughter due to him looking a lot like his mother. He now keeps sending pics of himself cross-dressing because it's the only way to keep his father's will to live going on. (Alternatively, it's his twin sister that died, and both his parents fell into the aforementioned delusion.)

Page 24: "You have to cross-dress for family reasons?" OK, here's my guess: His mother died, and his grieving father ended up falling into the delusion that his son is actually his daughter due to him looking a lot like his mother. He now keeps sending pics of himself cross-dressing because it's the only way to keep his father's will to live going on. (Alternatively, it's his twin sister that died, and both his parents fell into the aforementioned delusion.)

I don't think a series like this will take such a dark turn.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Is it just me? Or do these boys actually look like boys in drag rather than like perfect girls when in drag?

That's an annoying habit of crossdressing manga: just draw girls and say they are boys :p This (to me) is so much better. For example: the 'glamour shot' on page 20 (Ch.04) looks like boys dressed as girls rather than 5 girls... could be my imagination though.

What possible 'family reasons' could there be that aren't 'dark'? Anyhow Uzuki's cute so the next chapter should be fun.

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Why's this girly yaoi crud on my dynasty?? Huh? Yuri>yaoi anyday. Did the fujoshis crawl out of their rotting-log home and get access to internet all of a sudden?

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Why's this girly yaoi crud on my dynasty?? Huh? Yuri>yaoi anyday. Did the fujoshis crawl out of their rotting-log home and get access to internet all of a sudden?

I came to Dynasty to read manga and kick ass. And I'm all done reading manga.

Guess whose ass I'm kicking first?

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

last edited at May 30, 2019 12:53AM

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

I haven't read it. I saw the yaoi tag, and decided to comment to get it the hell out of here! Make a yaoi reader website! Burn boys' love comics! This isn't what I came to this website to read!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Stop trolling, is not like you read every single release of yuri manga here, I bet there a lot of them you don't like, so why not do the same now? I'm super sure you can live without forcing yourself to read and comment about something you don't like and leave people who like it enjoy it in peace.

Is not the first time we have yaoi here, certainly it won't be the last... So, just get over it.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:06AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chicken posted:

I haven't read it. I saw the yaoi tag, and decided to comment to get it the hell out of here! Make a yaoi reader website! Burn boys' love comics! This isn't what I came to this website to read!

Edit your profile, blacklist the yaoi tag.

Easy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.