Forum › Posts by wonderbat

wonderbat
joined May 15, 2019

Reminds me a lot of the Namori oneshot about the girl compulsively pulling out her hair because she can't say no to her pushy girlfriend.

joined May 15, 2019

She could sell her futuristic panties to pay someone to fix the roof.

joined May 15, 2019

Doesn't the manager just have dwarfism? She isn't drawn like a loli at all. All the lolibaba stuff is just "draw a 10 year old, call them 46" but the manager actually has stocky little person body proportions. The bunny ear thing is a little silly but this isn't exactly a deadly serious drama anyway so it doesn't bother me much.

joined May 15, 2019

This is fucking stupid and I love it

wonderbat
joined May 15, 2019

I could have sworn, I read this story before.

It's old, it's from Parfait vol. 2 but it was never translated. Itou has been releasing all her one shots on Twitter and this was the latest.

wonderbat
joined May 15, 2019

I spell it as "sempai" because that's how it's pronounced. ん isn't the same as "n". The moraic nasal is pronounced differently depending on the following sound. Before the bilabial consonants, "m", "b", and "p", it takes the form of the bilabial nasal, "m". That's why "tempura" is the standard spelling, not "tenpura".

This is also why "grandpa" becomes "gramps" instead of "granps"

wonderbat
joined May 15, 2019

I dont get the last exchange- what does the taisho democracy have to do with the lighthouse proverb?

Probably the time period where the proverb originated from.

I think it's a wordplay of some kind. What does the original say?

I don't have the raw but the proverb is「灯台下暗し」literally "dark under the candlestick"

Definitely an older phrase than the Taisho period, I'm guessing it's a cliche teachers use to explain the period to students

joined May 15, 2019

The art and girls are adorable! Subscribed.

I hope the mute girl catches the yuri bug too

Isn't the thought bubble at the end of chapter 1 the mute girl thinking "I love her", and that's why the psychic girl is blushing, because that "throws her off"? That's how I read it anyway

joined May 15, 2019

I’m usually okay with Itou Hachi, and this one was pretty cute. But. I see no child there. She needs to talk to some real children [...]

I'm sure there's a court order preventing that

wonderbat
Yamitsuki discussion 05 Dec 09:54
joined May 15, 2019

Love the Nightmare Before Christmas artstyle

joined May 15, 2019

What was the Chuck Palahniuk reference?

wonderbat
VAMPEERZ discussion 29 Aug 19:47
joined May 15, 2019

Or.... and I could be wrong here... OR maybe he, yannow, doesn't wanna dredge up old memories about his work that was canceled due to a scandal.....

According to Show's Wikipedia the only non-H manga he ever did was Prism. Stretch and Vampeerz are no where to be seen.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%B1%E5%B1%B1%E7%BF%94

wonderbat
VAMPEERZ discussion 29 Aug 16:25
joined May 15, 2019

I didn't recognize the cover on page 1 at first glance, for a bit I thought it was Prism's. That would have been the perfect cruel joke.

That's because Prism is by Higashiyama Show while Vampeerz and Stretch are by Akiri, who is clearly not just Show wearing a fake mustache, but a totally different person.

joined May 15, 2019

It's a reference to Yotsubato I think

wonderbat
VAMPEERZ discussion 15 May 14:31
joined May 15, 2019

Also, why don't these vampire manga never have proper vampires? Walking around in daylight? Eating?! Come on ...

She doesn't even hop as her main form of locomotion, smh