Forum › My First Love Was a Beautiful "Girl" discussion

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Even easier would be to take a long vacation.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chicken posted:

I haven't read it. I saw the yaoi tag, and decided to comment to get it the hell out of here! Make a yaoi reader website! Burn boys' love comics! This isn't what I came to this website to read!

Why not just... Go read something not tagged yaoi instead of whining about the existence of something tagged yaoi that you couldn't even be bothered reading? Why is this a difficult concept for some people?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I like how the main character are not the only focal point of the story. Also lol please add more boys love here so we can piss off more people ;)

Uzuki being straight is the big disappointment of the manga.

Maybe he's not. New character has entered the game.

last edited at May 31, 2019 8:39AM

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Oh the author folded in the plot of "About Getting Asked Out by the Biggest Misogynist in School" into this story. Interesting idea.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Isn't Uzuki pretty strong? He'll be fine.

That Inui guy is pretty much destined to be gay isn't he. He should just up and accept it, really.

TheYuriTomboy
4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

I actually like that Uzuki is straight. Not all traps are gay, and I feel like a lot of people on this site have some sort of aversion to heteros in manga. The manga’s still fun and gay regardless of whether one character isn’t, and him having to deal with an unrequited crush will bring in an interesting dynamic.

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

I actually like that Uzuki is straight. Not all traps are gay, and I feel like a lot of people on this site have some sort of aversion to heteros in manga. The manga’s still fun and gay regardless of whether one character isn’t, and him having to deal with an unrequited crush will bring in an interesting dynamic.

i agree, i hate stories where everyone is magically gay, its breaking the immersion of a realistic world.

^ Same

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Based on the author's previous online comic, which seems to be the prototype of the Uzuki/ Chihiro arc from this comic, I'm worried that the author might make Uzuki fall in love with Chihiro.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Based on the author's previous online comic, which seems to be the prototype of the Uzuki/ Chihiro arc from this comic, I'm worried that the author might make Uzuki fall in love with Chihiro.

I don't feel comfortable with this... Uzuki is straight...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This chapter was specially funny, like how the MC tried to protect the club but failed hahaha

joined Jan 26, 2019

crossdressers portrayed as not being extremely familiar with gay panic from straight people?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

crossdressers portrayed as not being extremely familiar with gay panic from straight people?

NotSubaru seems to be. Most of the others seem a bit more isolated to that, somehow.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Question: Why is Uzuki's given name spelled with a final "h"? Does it with a long a vowel (i.e. Noaa), or is the translator mistaking Noa for a Japanese borrowing of English name "Noah"?

I'm not comfortable with how bi-erasure is so common even here. You guys keep acting as if it's a binary option between "exclusively straight" and "exclusively gay" when the various degrees of bisexuality/pansexuality are an equally valid option.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 12:12AM

he dresses as a girl and is surprised some guy likes him and claims to be straight

thats some mean shit

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Remy posted:

he dresses as a girl and is surprised some guy likes him and claims to be straight

thats some mean shit

Is stated that he doesn't cross-dress because he likes it...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Pg 16 is comedy gold. "That's it!" hahaha.

Question: Why is Uzuki's given name spelled with a final "h"? Does it with a long a vowel (i.e. Noaa), or is the translator mistaking Noa for a Japanese borrowing of English name "Noah"?

I'm not comfortable with how bi-erasure is so common even here. You guys keep acting as if it's a binary option between "exclusively straight" and "exclusively gay" when the various degrees of bisexuality/pansexuality are an equally valid option.

I kinda agree, like it's not one or the other like you said. Uzuki could be genuinely think he's straight, but really he likes guys only or he has heavy leanings towards women initially but maybe Inui is that one guy he ends up liking. One question if a person isn't straight or gay are they assumed to be bi/pan?

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Isn't Uzuki pretty strong? He'll be fine.

That Inui guy is pretty much destined to be gay isn't he. He should just up and accept it, really.

He's from another series by this mangaka, like it says he's allergic to women so everyone thinks he hates girls. So when he touches a trap and doesn't fall over? It's love at first, um, touch.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/about_getting_asked_out_by_the_biggest_misogynist_in_school

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Finally getting a continuation on their story yeeey

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Uzuki: I'm attracted to women!
Fujoshi Author: Denied. You crossdress, you're gay. Period.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

thats some mean shit

Crossdressing does't mean being gay. Lots of Drag Queens aren't even gay. They consider themselves performers.

Anyway, I fear it's going to end as a case of "If it's you, it's okay". On both sides.

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 9:46AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Imo it would be more realistic if he ends up attracted to another crossdresser, Uzuki I mean.
And off topic but it wouldn't hurt to introduce a female character like a teacher or student council or whatever... AND HOPEFULLY not as triangle threat because everyone will hate her.

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 11:17AM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Well... that derailed itself quickly.

joined Jan 13, 2019

the author ran out of steam on the backgrounds, huh

cant blame them, they clearly had some Lofty Goals and bit off more than they could chew

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Everyone is secretly gay.

To reply you must either login or sign up.