Forum › The Unattainable Flower and the Normal Girl discussion

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Just what it's this thing????? Please just give me more. I'm dying it's so precious and funny.

joined Dec 4, 2017

yes sex is amazing! but ofc im a virgin

joined Jun 7, 2019

Straight as a spaghetti

joined Feb 23, 2016

Straight as a spaghetti

Until it gets wet

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

This... this is breaking glorious new ground in a subtype of reversal. Such wholesome lewdness and dorkery.

the airheaded experienced "straight" girl topping the virgin useless lesbian with a glorious misunderstanding as spice on top.

MOAR!!!!!!!

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 10:17PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Why is this so relatable, I mean in the lesbian aspect omg

T^T indeed whyyyy

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

yea. "straight"
cause japanese folks still dunno that "bisexual" is a thing

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

By the way, I just noticed that there's a blank speech bubble on page 10

Straight as a spaghetti

Until it gets wet

In this case, it's the other way around - she's straight (or "straight") 'til she got her girlfriend wet :V

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Thoughts and questions that occurred to me while I read the chapter.

Straight as a rail? Not all rails are straight. If they were trains couldn't get around curves.

So normal equals straight? That seems a bit homophobic.

Why does it always seem that in a story about a lesbian in a relationship with a straight girl, it's the straight girl with the experience, in bed.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Straight as a rail? Not all rails are straight. If they were trains couldn't get around curves.

Why does it always seem that in a story about a lesbian in a relationship with a straight girl, it's the straight girl with the experience, in bed.

"Straight as a nail" was the text in there. Also, normal refers to the norm, the majority. Not being "normal" isn't supposed to mean that there's something wrong with you. People should get out of that mindset.

It's more difficult for gay people to find people to have intimate relationships with because the amount of potential partners is 1/20th or less compared to a heterosexual person's potential partners. Also, many gay people don't even look for intimate relationships because they're afraid of being stigmatised for doing so, and likewise even if they meet another gay person they like, they might not know that person is gay and that person may themselves be trying to stay in the closet.

All of that being said, such stories are common because such real-life experiences are common, and authors frequently draw on their own life experiences when writing stories.

joined Jan 6, 2018

It's more difficult for gay people to find people to have intimate relationships with because the amount of potential partners is 1/20th or less compared to a heterosexual person's potential partners. Also, many gay people don't even look for intimate relationships because they're afraid of being stigmatised for doing so, and likewise even if they meet another gay person they like, they might not know that person is gay and that person may themselves be trying to stay in the closet.

All of that being said, such stories are common because such real-life experiences are common, and authors frequently draw on their own life experiences when writing stories.

I concur

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Useless(?) bisexual

joined Sep 22, 2015

Ooohh! This is wonderful! This should be a genre of its own. I laughed so much! Hope this will have many chapters like Bright and Cheery Amnesia, only better!

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

This was amazing
Just amazing
So much that my vocabulary died...
But anyways amazing

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Omg I love this and why is it so relatable sob

joined Nov 27, 2017

Someone needs to teach this girl the word "Bisexual" (well whatever the japanese equivalent is)

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_unattainable_flower_and_the_normal_girl_ch01#4

Lesbian senpai's face in the upper panel: oh god, so relatable.

THIS. So friggin real.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"My vocabulary just died"

Lol.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"My vocabulary just died"

Lol.

I second this reaction.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, why am I lowkey reminded of this exchange...?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I checked again, ch01. Great, more chapters please. Lol

Fb53fe34d432b0bb93d8e4aa74d71e46
joined Apr 1, 2018

'The Unattainable Flower and the Normal Girl'?
More like 'The Useless Lesbian and the Totally-Not-Straight Girl'

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm super confused about the usage of the word "Straight" in this.

Like, I get it when stories use it for girls who aren't straight when they just haven't realized that they're gay/whatever, but this woman has literally been in a serious relationship with another woman for a full month, is explicitly willing to have sex with said woman, is not in the closet or otherwise trying to hide her interests and there's no implication what so ever that they're just "pretend dating."

And yet both characters somehow consider her a "straight" woman that only men have a chance with?
They're both clearly aware that the "straight" girl is entirely willing to date and sleep with women just from a personal desire to do so, how on earth do you even rationalize thinking of such a woman as "straight?" It doesn't make any sense!

Is this next-level useless lesbians? Is this what it means to go beyond? Useless Lesbian 2? Plus Ultra?

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 5:07AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

"Straight as a nail" was the text in there. Also, normal refers to the norm, the majority. Not being "normal" isn't supposed to mean that there's something wrong with you. People should get out of that mindset.

Oh so the word was nail. Boy that's embarrassing. It's a shame though. I thought my observation apt for the story.

Ediit: You're right about the definition of normal. I realized I made a mistake I normally get annoyed with, when other people make it, as soon as I read your post.. I myself try to avoid using normal in that context in fear of someone jumping down my throat over it.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 6:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.