Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is there actual proof that Midori's feeling for Tsumugi is in the romantic form...cause I think it's not like that. What I've learned is Tsumugi and Haro is the one who is in love with Midori.

They love each other.

Midori has moved on from Tsugumi.

Haru has come back to Midori.

That’s all we know.

joined Dec 20, 2011

I bet Haru is the one who put that mug on Midori's Bag....Just a daily reminder that she will come back which reminds me of Midori's line: "I never did have anything that could give form to my memories with Tsumugi chan"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that left me with zero emotions whatsoever. It just kinda ended with a generic wishy-washy time skip ending and I was kind just left here like "Oh okay I guess it's over."

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

Is there actual proof that Midori's feeling for Tsumugi is in the romantic form...cause I think it's not like that. What I've learned is Tsumugi and Haro is the one who is in love with Midori.

They love each other.

Midori has moved on from Tsugumi.

Haru has come back to Midori.

That’s all we know.

Don't forget, Midori has been waiting for Haru to return too, they kinda promised that.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 8:40PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The ending wasn't necessarily bad, but it definitely left a bit of an empty, unfulfilled impression. There was so much more they could have expanded on with their story so the sudden time skip and rushed relationship between them was pretty disappointing :/. I wasn't even expecting them to ever end up together, but just the process of the two of them coming to terms with Tsugumi's death and their familial relationship with each other had so much more to explore.

Ah well, I guess that's what we have "Living with my Brother's Wife" for.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haru went to the high school she wanted to go to--she said that in this chapter, even, "I'll go where I want to"

Ah, I did see the latter line, but not what was at issue.

i was hoping more for a maternal/daughter vibe

In which case you'd hope for them to not be separated for Haru's remaining childhood years!

Instead we get an interrupted adoption and a rather vague return ending.

"Still better than the second half of Usagi Drop."

joined Jun 25, 2017

Like um... I need a kiss.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Like um... I need a sequel.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Hand-holding at the end and people are unsatisfied? What do you people want, double fisting?

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

It really does feel rushed, which takes some of the emotion away, but I'm glad it ended the way it did - even moreso because of the romantic overtones I wasn't sure if the author was even going to hint at. Maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be an omake in the final volume or something.

Regardless I'll definitely look out for more work from this mangaka. I wish her the best of luck.

joined Dec 20, 2011

A sequel for people who can accept Haru and Midori's romantic relationship without labeling it as pedophilia....because it's not.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hand-holding at the end and people are unsatisfied? What do you people want, double fisting?

joined Jun 25, 2017

A sequel for people who can accept Haru and Midori's romantic relationship without labeling it as pedophilia....because it's not.

People who think that are ridiculous. Not only did the author do a time skip. They haven't even shared a kiss. It's wonderfully developed, but leaves me wanting more. I want to see them bloom into a couple. If that's where the author is going. I mean that's where I saw it going.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 10:21PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

ok midori i'm back and now i have a lesbian haircut let's fuck

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Kinda the reason why Haru moved in with her aunt, cause she knew she would need to become an adult in order to live together with Midori, rather than be treated as a child that needs to be taken care of by the person she has come to love.

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

what the

first yuri isekai and now this

is coronavirus teabagging us

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

After some thought, I'm going to have to say this ending was great (even if it didn't end super gay like I was hoping). At the end of the day we know they care and love each other deeply and having a romantic ending would have taken away from the point of the story. Don't get me wrong, this strongly hints that they'll get together soon, but it was a good ending nonetheless. I hope we get an extra chapter or something because I really wanted more.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Well, the story pretty much wrapped up neatly. We always have many Yuri stories ending with a simple brought back together towards the end and such. This one albeit the similarity, did have its originality in the way this conclusion was brought out.

The Yuri is subtle but definitely there and the story behind each of the three characters was narrated as much as possible because the anxiety of the mind can only be describable so much. Each character has her own obstacles they need to overcome and that is brought about by the last chapter. All of characters wanted one thing, a place where they belong, but they were unaware that it isn't something one-sided but brought about by a mutual connection. That's why Haru decides to leave so that she can come back as someone that is able to contribute to the life that she and Midori can have together.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

ok midori i'm back and now i have a lesbian haircut let's fuck

Bahaha, IKR?! When she was like "geez, notice it already" and "what else?" Like fucking hell Midori, I could feel her sending the gay vibes through the screen, she'll be knuckle deep in her before Midori finally realises wtf is happening and how she feels...

Jokes aside, I loved this manga all the way to the end

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Maybe I’m just very lucky to not read much and therefore not get the cliches some others got, but I thought it was very pretty. There’s much to complain and hand-wring over, but I can’t be bothered. The story had to end here for reasons, and given that, I thought the ending was great!

I really loved the ambiguity. In some very unexpected ways, this series reminded me of my yuri origin story - Noir. For that alone, I am deeply grateful. Also, Haru’s haircut is great!

Almost unrelated, I feel like this series is going to be a new landmark in tag rejections. Sorry, everyone!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

(sigh) A very ambiguous ending.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Ending was done well. Would I buy this from Amazon? IFF properly translated and published in English. The sequel better be better than this ending.

I believe we can remove the “Yuri” tag now that Haru’s mom, Tsugumi, acted like the Fonz from “Happy Days”... never expressing “I love you” until it was too late.

The “Age Gap” tag can stay, in my opinion. Haru admits she’s too young and has to bide her time to reach adulthood.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Maybe I’m just very lucky to not read much and therefore not get the cliches some others got, but I thought it was very pretty. There’s much to complain and hand-wring over, but I can’t be bothered. The story had to end here for reasons, and given that, I thought the ending was great!

I really loved the ambiguity. In some very unexpected ways, this series reminded me of my yuri origin story - Noir. For that alone, I am deeply grateful. Also, Haru’s haircut is great!

Almost unrelated, I feel like this series is going to be a new landmark in tag rejections. Sorry, everyone!

I was going to try, but now I’m not going to bother knowing about the resistance to tag suggestions in this instance.

Thanks for letting me know in advance.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I believe we can remove the “Yuri” tag now that Haru’s mom, Tsugumi, acted like the Fonz from “Happy Days”... never expressing “I love you” until it was too late.

The “Age Gap” tag can stay, in my opinion. Haru admits she’s too young and has to bide her time to reach adulthood.

But too young for what, if not yuri?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

But too young for what, if not yuri?

Too young for unprotected hand-holding obviously!

To reply you must either login or sign up.