Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I could spend a lot more time with these two (i.e., with this mangaka telling their story), but that was up to the standard of the rest of the story—heartfelt, nuanced, and even (given how much it had to accomplish) nicely paced.

Now—sequel.

joined May 1, 2015

The last chapter was really good. We got closure, and we ended up with the two of them living together once again.
I am looking forward to the final volume of the manga. I want to see if we get a special chapter in which we see more of these two.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Haru: ... You are not crying, I see.
Midori: Of course not, this isn't the end, after all

This is the exact moment where my heart decided to take vacations.

I feel bad for copy pasting my whole comment on MD but I'll probably write even more on the days to come so here it is, but first the TLDR version: I'm glad I read this, thank you!

MD: I don't care if anyone disagrees but this is the best ending I could've hoped for... Like, I saw it coming somehow but at the same time I was hoping for it and also giving it up too, I was really ready for them to never see each other again or remain as just acquaintances. Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyyyyy much for working on this!!!

I got all emotional when I realized that the opening was actually Tsugumi speaking through the letter, and all the feelings she poured in, and I'm glad that her departure was just her choice, we didn't get more details but true, we don't really need them... But I can't believe that Midori didn't cry hahaha because I almost did.

I like how Haru just turned into a full tomboy tsundere, she wants to act composed but she can't with Midori and her feelings keeps leaking out and she wants Midori to feel and say the same... I think ? she's adorable, she just wants her affection.

Aaaww man, I need time to digest all of this, because the previous chapter wasn't a cliffhanger, it's been a cliffhanger from the start and now we know... They don't even need to put a name to their relationship, but they're happy together and that's why I hope they stay that way.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Good story, good characters, good ending. Solid low-key romance.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This manga wasn't even yuri lol

I swear every single manga I've seen with the premise of people living together because of dead relatives has been very wishy washy and vague. Also ending had the very clichéd character moves out for no reason just so we could end in a time skip where they reunite. The premise is cursed.

The flashbacks between midori and original girl was def lesbian love, at least one sided but the love between midori and the daughter is clearly familial imo.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 6:26PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ I think the implication here is that there's a chance it could turn romantic now that Haru is back and grown up. But maybe that's just me and my yuri goggles.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There definitely seems to be some implications towards that.

But I fully agree with that stupid, stupid "go away to come back later" end scheme. I mean, it's fine, if it happens once in a while. But when you keep reading manga and keeps happening again and again and again it just turns into a parody of itself. Come up with some new variations already ^^;

joined Jan 14, 2020

Why did Haru move out? I skimmed back a bit and I think Auntie had second thoughts and invited her in, but I don't see why Haru chose to leave Midori.

Man, I try not to be negative, but this and "Everyone is Yuri" is two weak endings in a row for me.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The timeskip is a small price to pay to see Haru grow up to be a tall college yuri dork.

joined Mar 18, 2018

I don't actally know how i expected this to end.
One one end yes i would love if they became a thing. On the other i would be fine if they stayed the way they are.
This is by no means a bad ending, it kinda leaves things open for interpitation~ (I still think something could happened but most likely not.)
Either way i really liked this story. Im sad to see it go but atleast it got a proper end.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

The final letter was just.. awww. Makes you wonder what woulda happened if she sent it.

But yeah, good read.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Is it just me, or many running manga are ending this season?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Goggled Anon posted:

The timeskip is a small price to pay to see Haru grow up to be a tall college yuri dork.

Indeed, and it fits her so wellll

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Really—age-gap stories and timeskip endings go hand in hand, especially if the series needs to end in a hurry.

Better than 4 years worth of story blown through in a handful of silent panels, anyway.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I expected very little and I was still kinda let down. Overall feeling meh. I don't get into the subtle stories very often.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I kinda feel it was pretty average ending. I mean it's not bad I guess (outside of cliche, they get split for x years to reunite later), but especially for age gap, that kind of meeting up again when younger is a proper adult is pretty common and I don't feel like this story really give it any bigger or different twist than usually. If anything it's less explicit that they'll be totally dating now like in similar works. Honestly I was 100% more interested in seeing how they'll be solving their issues and figuring out their relationship while leaving together, rather than being show everything is now fine with time skip.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 6:50PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

Really—age-gap stories and timeskip endings go hand in hand, especially if the series needs to end in a hurry.

Better than 4 years worth of story blown through in a handful of silent panels, anyway.

1000Vbucks to Ani no yome ending the same way

joined Jan 14, 2020

But it's timeskip plus separation in this case. Haru and Midori were building a life together, and then they weren't. I'm still not sure why -- nor why Midori quit her job if she wasn't moving for Haru's sake!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ Haru went to the high school she wanted to go to--she said that in this chapter, even, "I'll go where I want to"--and then she presumably came back to go to college nearby.

Midori quit and started anew somewhere else because she finally resolved all the old history and ghosts that were holding her back. So she also pursued her own fresh start, just like Haru.

And now that they've both had time to settle into new lives and grow up, they can start building on their relationship again to whatever end.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Haru went to the high school she wanted to go to--she said that in this chapter, even, "I'll go where I want to"--and then she presumably came back to go to college nearby.

Midori quit and started anew somewhere else because she finally resolved all the old history and ghosts that were holding her back. So she also pursued her own fresh start, just like Haru.

And now that they've both had time to settle into new lives and grow up, they can start building on their relationship again to whatever end.

Quite right. Kdramas do this all the time (the “noble idiocy” trope), and the best version is like this—both people have changing to do away from the other one, and they come back together in a new place, ready to move forward.

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

given the pacing of this manga i cant say i ever really wanted them to fall in love. i was hoping more for a maternal/daughter vibe because shes literally.. the daughter of her dead ex love. but i digress. i have learned long ago that real world morals will never make it to the romantic world of yuri. regardless, i cant say that the 'chemistry' between them felt like anything more than haru having a crush and midori grieving about tsugumi, but i still really enjoyed the end because they at lease allowed midori to behave like an adult and keep their relationhsip purposefully vague. I will read it as though they are now in a perfectly platonic mentor-esque relationship and haru finds her own new gf in college

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 7:16PM

GM_Highlander
joined May 26, 2017

This manga wasn't even yuri lol

I swear every single manga I've seen with the premise of people living together because of dead relatives has been very wishy washy and vague. Also ending had the very clichéd character moves out for no reason just so we could end in a time skip where they reunite. The premise is cursed.

I couldn't agree more. This issue they had really felt like an obstacle that they needed to overcome to flourish their relationship and to take another step forward. I truly thought that it would be a stepping stone forward to the story, I never expected the said obstacle to be the climax of their story and the rest to end on a speculation. The whole thing really ended on some sort of subtext romance or Shoujo ai

It's sad to see another promising manga to get axed and rushed to an unsatisfying ending

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Solid. Definitely.

joined Dec 20, 2011

Is there actual proof that Midori's feeling for Tsumugi is in the romantic form...cause I think it's not like that. What I've learned is Tsumugi and Haro is the one who is in love with Midori.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well that ended quite well

To reply you must either login or sign up.