Blazencannan
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'm so ready for more!!!!

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Yuri and food.. very nicee...

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

So this manga isn't only saying gay rights, it's also saying gender equality rights, and not only that, it shows some delicious food and recommends actual places to eat? Amazing!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wooh! Food and Yuri. The best combo that makes you hungry.

I suspect you may also get thirsty. Just sayin'.

joined Mar 25, 2019

This is battlefield
This is war

last edited at Jun 1, 2020 12:41PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ohhh boy...

joined Jun 27, 2017

I would not mind if this manga only had panels with the two of them tying their hair just before they start eating.

joined Jun 12, 2019

You don’t swing that way hmmmmmmmmm ok

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

oh wow they went from subtext to text real fast! love it

joined Apr 6, 2018

Woah! The food looks so delicious and seems very affordable!!

why cant i have a fate like this..

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

As both a cook and a yuri-lover (and a food-lover), this is totally making me both hungry and thirsty. And the action-scene style of tying her hair up and enjoying the food. I'm totally with her!

As far as the idea of needing to look cute, I suspect it's mostly social media personalities now, with Japan itself still being a little behind. Even growing up in a small town in the midwest US, there's the old ideas about women having to be proper and neat at all times. To the point where I still think about how messy I must look when I'm chowing down on some really delicious food I just made.

In practice, most people around here don't actually care, but it's only really a generation or two removed from being that way I think.

last edited at Jun 1, 2020 6:51PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Love the art. :D

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

The bar is set pretty high now for itself with this manga and I now expect great things from here on out. I can't wait to see how senpai falls for her kouhai (forgot the names already :p) and I hope it's a slow burn so we'll enjoy this manga for as long as we can.

joined Jun 30, 2015

After Yuriniku is Yurisoba? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

joined Apr 6, 2019

The best combo that makes you hungry.

I suspect you may also get thirsty. Just sayin'.

and

As both a cook and a yuri-lover (and a food-lover), this is totally making me both hungry and thirsty.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I noticed the Spanish translation is way more verbose that this one.
It's because they refuse to use Japanese loanwords like "sempai" and instead say things like "Momose, esa chica que estudia en tercer año."
If they did it like that in English, "Eh? Did she call me sempai?" would turn into something like "Eh? Did she call me in a way that implies she's a student from a year below?" lmao

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Yuri only at the end isn't bad at all

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I noticed the Spanish translation is way more verbose that this one.
It's because they refuse to use Japanese loanwords like "sempai" and instead say things like "Momose, esa chica que estudia en tercer año."
If they did it like that in English, "Eh? Did she call me sempai?" would turn into something like "Eh? Did she call me in a way that implies she's a student from a year below?" lmao

The Spanish translation is the work of professionals.

There are 2 ways to translate a manga:

Aim for the greatest accuracy, translating almost word by word, with the utmost respect for the original text, even leaving untouched terms such as sempai or onee-sama (because they do not really have a translation that keeps the meaning)...

... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say, making them sound exactly the way Spaniards (or Mexicans, or Yankees, or whatever) would sound ― were they talking about these matters in that context and situation.

Both have their pros and cons. Fan-translators do it the first way. Professional translators do it the second way (which, admittedly, is rather more difficult).

The Spanish translation of Suito-to is a good example of the second type of translation: the characters speak modern Castilian Spanish so fluently and naturally that you can imagine them on the streets of Madrid or Barcelona. The translation work so far has been fantastic.

The English version that we have here in Dynasty is the other type of translation: a classic work by fans for fans, respecting as much as possible the form and style and wording of the original Japanese text.

Comparing the two works and their differences sure is interesting, at least for me. d(´∀`)b

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Lol, we readers of fan-translations expect that respect and accuracy in every work, and we love our Japanese loanwords. If you try to make the characters sound Western, people wil hate it; and if you make them say 'respected older sister' or 'upperclasswoman' hoo boy, it will get real ugly.

I still remember the horrible shitstorm when the translator of '2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock' tried to make the MCs speak like American or British people, and in one case gave a thick Scottish accent to one character. Commenters crucified her, the backlash was brutal; it was so bad that she stopped translating.
And to this day nobody else has picked that manga, which sucks. I wonder if the guys who complained so much feel sorry now? The words 'shoot oneself in the foot' come to mind....

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

After Yuriniku is Yurisoba? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any yurifood is my favorite so I'm starving for more

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Reading this makes me miss the pre-covid19 days when we could eat at restaurants like this.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You sounded very biaised White. "Profesional" really ? I don't read the spanish version but it's not the first time i see someone pointed some mistakes of the spanish translation. The way thee english is good because that's what peoples want, understand what the japanese text is trying to convey in terms of words and emotions.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say, making them sound exactly the way Spaniards (or Mexicans, or Yankees, or whatever) would sound ― were they talking about these matters in that context and situation.

Both have their pros and cons. Fan-translators do it the first way. Professional translators do it the second way (which, admittedly, is rather more difficult).

The Spanish translation of Suito-to is a good example of the second type of translation: the characters speak modern Castilian Spanish so fluently and naturally that you can imagine them on the streets of Madrid or Barcelona. The translation work so far has been fantastic.

The English version that we have here in Dynasty is the other type of translation: a classic work by fans for fans, respecting as much as possible the form and style and wording of the original Japanese text.

Comparing the two works and their differences sure is interesting, at least for me. d(´∀`)b

Hi! I'm the translator for this one, and I've gotta say, the Spanish version seems to have changed the meanings of entire sentences for reasons I can't fathom. For example, just in the first page of Chapter 1, the Spanish translation of "先輩、お冷どぞ," (Here's some cold water, Senpai.) was "Aqui tienes tu bol de arroz, Momose" (Here's your bowl of rice, Momose.). The mistake is in the official Spanish release (which sadly translated into zats' original Englsih TL), which leads me to question if they're actually "professionals." Note that this was only on the first page of chapter 1. Many other such mistakes pervade the Spanish translation.

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 8:42AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.