Forum › Suito-to! discussion

joined Apr 6, 2018

I read the gyoza scene "i enjoy focusing on the food in front of me" while looking at her

shakes*

joined Jun 1, 2016

that better be a darn good hot dog if you have to work out for it

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

.... I was about to comment on how nice it is for the translators to show the real dishes on the last pages of each chapter.... then that hotdogs chapter credits page popped up.... I fukn died

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

If someone know spanish you can support the author reading this legally in Manga Plus, here

Cool, thanks for the heads up

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Damn this manga makes me hungry... more so than the other food ones. Maybe cuz of how visual it is? I dunno.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Looks like they'll be visiting all my favorite Fukuoka locations. Fun! I do feel kind of go back there again, but i am afraid that a lot of those places will have closed now with COVID-19 and all.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

.... I was about to comment on how nice it is for the translators to show the real dishes on the last pages of each chapter.... then that hotdogs chapter credits page popped up.... I fukn died

aaaa

Here's what the food they got in chapter 6 looks like.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Is it legal though to show real places in Manga? usually Manga authors avoid any real places or people.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Can't stop thinking that boiled gyoza are pelmeni and simple gyoza are fried pelmeni )))))))) it makes me smile so much

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Is it legal though to show real places in Manga? usually Manga authors avoid any real places or people.

It's not illegal, but it's in a publisher's best interests to avoid doing so to avoid civil suits from potentially damaging depictions.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's not illegal, but it's in a publisher's best interests to avoid doing so to avoid civil suits from potentially damaging depictions.

I don’t think depicting “here’s a place that has amazingly delicious food” is going to ruffle many feathers.

I love this manga! Too bad there aren't many people reading it. The credits page for the Hotdogs chapter absolutely killed me though

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I read the gyoza scene "i enjoy focusing on the food in front of me" while looking at her

shakes*

I'm sure that's exactly how this was meant. * nods *

(https://tblg.k-img.com/restaurant/images/Rvw/93285/640x640_rect_93285255.jpg)

This does look great indeed.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

aaaa

That looks mouthwatering, if I were in Japan I would totally take a hike to enjoy a hotdog like that along with a nice scenery.

joined Feb 23, 2016

The credit page i can’t xD

joined Feb 24, 2019

Sakura already has some amazing faces. I love the panels going from mouth agape to chewing a piece of the hotdog. And of course her panicked face is amazing too.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I remember the first time i was reading this, i was like "omg a dark secret! gasp what is it? what is it?"
she likes to eats foods other than the cute sweet one
UAHSUASAUHS
OMG
I can't with this story i just can't, it cracks me up every damn time
I was like "OH REALLY BRENDA? white girl problems???"

I understand that mangas can be a little exaggerated, at least for us here americans and all, but god, this one really made me laugh for a second...

joined Jun 12, 2019

Gyoza reminds me of dorohedoro

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Egg mix hot dog!? They're not eating hot dogs right. Everybody knows a hot dog must be served with onions, relish, a squirt of mustard, and a squirt of ketchup. Anything else is pure blasphemy :)

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 12:17AM

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Gyoza reminds me of dorohedoro

I'm glad I'm not the only one forever doomed to mentally associate the two.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Egg mix hot dog!? They're not eating hot dogs right. Everybody knows a hot dog must be served with onions, relish, a squirt of mustard, and a squirt of ketchup. Anything else is pure blasphemy :)

Well, looking at the picture, I do find it difficult to call it a hot dog. I would, however, call it superior.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Well, looking at the picture, I do find it difficult to call it a hot dog. I would, however, call it superior.

Are you kidding? How dare the japanese steal a beloved american food and make it their way. The americans stole it from the germans first fair and square.

joined Feb 18, 2015

You obviously have never tried to ask for ketchup from a Chicago hotdog place. They'll send you packin'.

"yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt"

That's what goes on a hot dog. (Not that I eat them that way. I can't stand mustard or pickles.)

last edited at Jun 30, 2020 1:29AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

You obviously have never tried to ask for ketchup from a Chicago hotdog place. They'll send you packin'.

"yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt"

That's what goes on a hot dog. (Not that I eat them that way. I can't stand mustard or pickles.)

Actually that does sound good. Although I'm more of a spicy mustard kind of person.

last edited at Jun 30, 2020 5:35AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cutest oven mitt ever.

And such a great smile after giving them the cookies. ^_^

I do wish Yuzu had stayed over and made sure she didn't have to worry about not having a boyfriend on Christmas, though. ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.