Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Yeah, but given each chapter is split into, to use a technical term, a shitload of parts, that means there's going to be more than 2 shitloads worth of releases.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Looks like the series has finally resumed, so look forward to new chapters soon.

herobunnymon
Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Wait... so which world is our current version of the MC supposed to be in? Couldn’t she just settle with the world she’s in now? It’s not like anyone in the other world could tell if she was missing, especially if they aren’t as attached to her to begin with.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Coincidentally just ~two hours agor I went through my subscription list and wondered what happened to this very story...
Thanks translators!!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wait... so which world is our current version of the MC supposed to be in?

Consider world A the one affected by disease, and world B the one not affected.

Our protagonist is Marika-A, born in world A. At a very young age, she was subject to an experiment and changed places with Marika-B from the unaffected world. Marika-A grows up thinking she actually belongs to world B.

Then Marika-B finds out about this experiment, and somehow reverts it, bringing herself back to her homeworld and switching places with protagonist Marika-A, who, in turn, believes she'd been transported to a strange world of only women, when that was actually the world she was born in all among.

tl;dr:: Marika is currently at the world she was born in, and from which she was taken long ago as part of an experiment.

Couldn’t she just settle with the world she’s in now?

The story seems to be heading in that direction, yes.

last edited at May 22, 2020 3:42PM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Yeah, I'm expecting this is going to lead to her realizing that undoing this would make Marika-B very unhappy, essentially; undoing all her work to get back "home".

Meanwhile Marika-B is probably off in the un-plagued reality basking in the testosterone soaked atmosphere, living her dream of being surrounded by her half remembered memories of "men".

joined Jun 12, 2019

It’s been a whilee and I was confused but after reading the comments I understand

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Our protagonist is Marika-A, born in world A. At a very young age, she was subject to an experiment and changed places with Marika-B from the unaffected world. Marika-A grows up thinking she actually belongs to world B.

Then Marika-B finds out about this experiment, and somehow reverts it, bringing herself back to her homeworld and switching places with protagonist Marika-A, who, in turn, believes she'd been transported to a strange world of only women, when that was actually the world she was born in all among.

tl;dr:: Marika is currently at the world she was born in, and from which she was taken long ago as part of an experiment.

Well, her sister is certainly going to be upset by this.

Also Marika-A now has to process that her father isn't her father, and her brother isn't her brother, and seeing them ever again would mean stealing them away from their actual kin.

So I kinda feel like there's no happy ending here? No matter what, everybody involved has to mourn the permanent separation of some loved ones.

joined Feb 23, 2016

But what

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Well, her sister is certainly going to be upset by this.

Also Marika-A now has to process that her father isn't her father, and her brother isn't her brother, and seeing them ever again would mean stealing them away from their actual kin.

So I kinda feel like there's no happy ending here? No matter what, everybody involved has to mourn the permanent separation of some loved ones.

Oof, basically like a switched at birth story. World/family you were born in versus world/family you grew up in.
If both Marikas desire to live in the unaffected world, it'll be quite awkward an dilemma indeed
Seems like other-Marika was okay leaving the family she grew up with though? Assuming it was a conscious choice, when she went back 'home'

last edited at May 22, 2020 7:35PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I wish the chapters were longer .

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga is so wild, I love it.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Held off reading for while.... Waaaay better to read from start to current chapter without a break inbetween due to short chapters. Dat plot become thicc... Will wait for a few more chapters for another stab but I like where it's going, feels like where getting somewhere with Marika's past and whatnot

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oof, basically like a switched at birth story. World/family you were born in versus world/family you grew up in.
If both Marikas desire to live in the unaffected world, it'll be quite awkward an dilemma indeed
Seems like other-Marika was okay leaving the family she grew up with though? Assuming it was a conscious choice, when she went back 'home'

Except normally in a switched at birth story, it's still conceivably possible for the switched babies to get to know their real families without also saying goodbye forever to the people that raised them. In this case, they -can't- go back without giving up the family they grew up with. It's pretty sad. And yeah, Marika-B seems to have resolved herself to detatching from the family that raised her, but she's also had to live in Yuriworld as the only straight person, which must have been rough. She also may not have realized her little sister wouldn't exist in the other world, or realized that her sister would recognize Mari-A as an imposter, so she may have been comforting herself with the knowledge that things would be pretty much the same.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I remain confused by the plot's progress, but happily, no narrative machinations could ever be as confusing as this manga's chapter numbering scheme. (If "complete chaos" could even be called a scheme.)

Thanks /u/.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Marika-B seems to have resolved herself to detatching from the family that raised her, but she's also had to live in Yuriworld as the only straight person, which must have been rough.

Just a reminder that we don't know her sexual orientation. And she's probably not the only straight person anyway. As far as we know, the virus simply killed men, it didn't change people's sexuality.

I remain confused by the plot's progress

I invite you to go back and read the whole story again. The revelations in this chapter have been hinted at a few times before.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I remain confused by the plot's progress, but happily, no narrative machinations could ever be as confusing as this manga's chapter numbering scheme. (If "complete chaos" could even be called a scheme.)

Thanks /u/.

To be fair, that mostly comes the Mangadex ordering system, in which decimals have to be applied to keep things in order. Otherwise it's simply a case of main chapters being split into multiple parts for upload and Intermission chapters going inbetween certain chapters. Since Dynasty can program the order at will, they don't even have to add numbers to the intermission chapters. (At the very least, it's nowhere near as bad as when it comes to number ordering 1x1/2 chapters).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

(At the very least, it's nowhere near as bad as when it comes to number ordering 1x1/2 chapters).

Laugh in Chapter 13

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

no narrative machinations could ever be as confusing as this manga's chapter numbering scheme. (If "complete chaos" could even be called a scheme.)

(At the very least, it's nowhere near as bad as when it comes to number ordering 1x1/2 chapters).

Laugh in Chapter 13

XD I was also about to say "You obviously haven't seen chapter numbering chaos yet" (eh, now I said it .-. )

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

no narrative machinations could ever be as confusing as this manga's chapter numbering scheme. (If "complete chaos" could even be called a scheme.)

Laugh in Chapter 13

XD I was also about to say "You obviously haven't seen chapter numbering chaos yet" (eh, now I said it .-. )

Wait, all the 13.x chapters aren't even in the same volume but actually in three of them...? Yeah, can't top that...

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

What a twiiist

icecreammadness
08f2567611a37fd74d79c22ced71ec18
joined Apr 1, 2016

I have a feeling that the ending will be a disappointment at best. But I will be glad if I mistaken.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Marika-B seems to have resolved herself to detatching from the family that raised her, but she's also had to live in Yuriworld as the only straight person, which must have been rough.

Just a reminder that we don't know her sexual orientation. And she's probably not the only straight person anyway. As far as we know, the virus simply killed men, it didn't change people's sexuality.

If she didn't feel fundamentally different from everyone around her, I doubt she'd have gone through so much trouble to return to her native dimension. If she's not straight, wouldn't she obviously be happier staying in the world she knows than leaping across to another where any number of friends or family members might not exist?

There has to be -some- kind of friction between her and the world she exists in, or she wouldn't have moved heaven and earth to go back.

As for the rest of the population, The -title of the series- is "All of Humanity is Yuri Except for Me". And literally everything we've seen about that world suggests that homosexual relationships have been entirely normalized. Whether that's situational homosexuality, a side effect of the virus, or whether some sort of genetic engineering has taken place (in the process of making humanity a species that can reproduce with one sex), or even if it's just learned behavior, the fact of the matter is that the title of the work and the motives of Marika-B both strongly imply that most, if not all people in that world are perfectly happy being teh gay, and that Marika was the standout.

It's also been suggested that Marika-A has had trouble fitting in in our world. I'd be surprised if the author shied away from the obvious parallels there.

Ruiko2
joined Sep 8, 2016

I think we're all forgetting that "Azami" (probably an alias) still has a gun to Marika's head, and is very likely to (try to) shoot her once she finds what she's looking for. If anything, I suspect she's part of a faction who wants to:

a) keep the entire Suzuran project under wraps, which means tying off ALL loose ends, or
b) wants to exploit Marika as she may suspect that this Marika might have the ability to "dimension hop" just like her parallel version

A doesn't make much sense in the context of chapter 10.1 though; why even talk about it at all if you're just here to finish the cover-up? So I'm leaning toward B.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think we're all forgetting that "Azami" (probably an alias) still has a gun to Marika's head, and is very likely to (try to) shoot her once she finds what she's looking for. If anything, I suspect she's part of a faction who wants to:

a) keep the entire Suzuran project under wraps, which means tying off ALL loose ends, or
b) wants to exploit Marika as she may suspect that this Marika might have the ability to "dimension hop" just like her parallel version

A doesn't make much sense in the context of chapter 10.1 though; why even talk about it at all if you're just here to finish the cover-up? So I'm leaning toward B.

I suspect she's affiliated with Yanagi, honestly. She's probably Yanagi Ayame's daughter, and is trying to protect her family's secret. That's why she knows Marika and why she's taking her back to the Yanagi mansion: It's her home base.

Edit: Well, I was close. ;p

last edited at May 30, 2020 4:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.