Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

is it just me, or does no one actually ever DO anything in this manga lol. every single chapter it seams, is just everyone giving advice...

Akira progressed a bit a few chapters back when she decided to talk to whatshisface. It was jarring.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Hime is so cute. Go for her Akira!

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

JUST KISS

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

we got yuri! \0/

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'd respect the author, if Akira kindly rejects Hime and explains that she's straight, because that kind of has been the portrayal of Akira so far.

However, it's not like this story has had a natural flow (too much edutainment discussions), so I can't tell if thinking about context in a typical way is even useful here.

last edited at May 5, 2020 10:21AM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Holy shit, she actually went and said it.
Finally the resolution is on the horizon.

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is as bad as ever I see.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

STOP EVERYTHING¡ SHE CONFESS TO AKIRA AHHHHHHHHH¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Wow the plot progressed instead of yoyoing!

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

My (not-serious-but-also-wish-it-will-happen-just-for-the-lolz) predictions:

Next chapter, Akira runs away from Hime to avoid replying to Hime. Five chapters later, while still avoiding Hime, Akira talks to five other characters for advice, who all account to her how they have been confessed to by childhood friends. Their backstories help Akira realize that it is bad to avoid replying to Hime and finally approaches Hime to reject her.

After being rejected, Hime then spends three chapters talking to other characters, who tell how how they have been rejected by childhood crushes, and she realizes that she needs to move on from Akira. Akira, sad that her friend isn't talking to her, talks to six other characters for help, and they help her realize that she can still be friends with Hime.

Akira talks to Hime, and they become friends again. Cue in obligatory flashback to their childhood, when they first became friends. Fast forward to the present or future, where Hime says, "Turns out the real Kanojo Ni Naritai Kimi to Boku was inside us all along." The last page is a panel of all the characters walking next to each other towards the beautiful sunset, smiling.

The End.

last edited at May 5, 2020 10:22AM

joined May 5, 2020

agree

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Next chapter, Akira runs away from Hime to avoid replying to Hime. Five chapters later, while still avoiding Hime, Akira talks to five other characters for advice, who all account to her how they have been confessed to by childhood friends. Their backstories help Akira realize that it is bad to avoid replying to Hime and finally approaches Hime to reject her.

After being rejected, Hime then spends three chapters talking to other characters, who tell how how they have been rejected by childhood crushes, and she realizes that she needs to move on from Akira. Akira, sad that her friend isn't talking to her, talks to six other characters for help, and they help her realize that she can still be friends with Hime.

Akira talks to Hime, and they become friends again. Cue in obligatory flashback to their childhood, when they first became friends. Fast forward to the present or future, where Hime says, "Turns out the real Kanojo Ni Naritai Kimi to Boku was inside us all along." The last page is a panel of all the characters walking next to each other towards the beautiful sunset, smiling.

The End.

I think we've all learned a little something here today, hm?

joined Feb 23, 2016

She finally did it..

joined Sep 5, 2018

I'd respect the author, if Akira kindly rejects Hime and explains that she's straight, because that kind of has been the portrayal of Akira so far.

We’ve also just learned that Akira might’ve liked the idea of having a crush on a boy because that would’ve made her more like a girl, so maybe she’s not a straight as it seems and everything is possible. I know people like speculating, but I’ll just be waiting for the next chapter and see what happens.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

YAAAA FINALLY SHE CONFESSED

also am I one of the few that genuinely enjoys this series and thinks it's well written or what lol...

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I get that it's not fluffy or fast paced, but I'm into it unlike a lot of other people lol. It's about people sharing their experiences in order to better contextualize their own lives. It's not bad because there's a lot of talking

joined Oct 27, 2018

My problem with this manga isn't that there is a lot of talking, it's that so much of that talking is rambling nonsense. Even worse, when you finally understand what all that rambling was trying to say, it's usually something that makes me question how progressive this manga actually is, because it doesn't seem to be nearly as progressive as it thinks it is.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

oh, just when I thought I haven't read a chapter of this manga for a while, two chapters land upon us - yaaay! Totally enjoying the read, so thanks a lot to the translation. One of the best reads - really a shame I didn't have something like this to read when I was at their age.

joined May 5, 2020

The End.

I just make a new account to say this doesn't sound so far-fetched and actually would laugh my heads off if it happens lol

Yeah, at this point I just want to know how this manga is going to end...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

agree

Door's right there, don't let it hit you on the way out.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

My problem with this manga isn't that there is a lot of talking, it's that so much of that talking is rambling nonsense. Even worse, when you finally understand what all that rambling was trying to say, it's usually something that makes me question how progressive this manga actually is, because it doesn't seem to be nearly as progressive as it thinks it is.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the 2 main characters are actually robots that need to be instructed and thoroughly explained how humans feel and communicate.... after saying all that I hope this ends up with mecha, they transform at the end and become one ultra mecha and fly off into space

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

The formula of this manga isn't something I'm necessarily opposed to. Slow-burning romance with chapters focusing on different side characters can be very effective. There are just a couple of problems with this:
- The side characters are poorly fleshed-out to the point that their existence feels totally tangential to the main romance. They have their little side story and then become complete satellite characters, only useful to the plot inasmuch as they consult the main two characters. It makes them feel like cardboard cutouts more than human beings. What can I say about the asexual teacher as a character other than the fact that he's asexual? Bloom Into You, in contrast, has a cast that keeps growing and has their own experiences outside of their relevance to the main romance.
- Tied into the first issue, the way that information is conveyed feels very after school special. The characters' side stories feel like the author is saying, "look at this type of person. It turns out that they're actually people! I bet you've never thought about THIS before!" Again, their potential to be interesting characters is sidelined in favor of their use as tools to advance the plot. For instance, the story could weave a side plot about Yukka coming to term with her feelings, but we haven't really had any advancement with her since her chapter.
- The reasons the characters give for their actions are very contrived. I don't expect teenage characters in romance manga to act rationally, but we don't have time to see for instance that Akira's feelings for Hasegawa were just her projecting her idea of what a girl "should be." We are told more than shown the ways that the characters feel; there's not enough buildup to these huge emotional moments. It feels like the author has a plan of how this is going to progress, and it just sort of progresses mechanically from plot point to plot point.
Overall this has a lot of potential and I love stories about trans characters, especially romance between trans lesbians and cis lesbians (since I'm dating a trans woman lol), but I just don't have any patience for this anymore. Even My Unrequited Love, which is a bit melodramatic at times, still doesn't make me sigh in exasperation as much as this manga.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

In conclusion, just kiss you idiots

joined May 4, 2013

agree

But you didn't cut it out with the power saw..

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

agree

What makes it funny is that we are like 50 chapters and a year into this manga.

"Fool me once..."

To reply you must either login or sign up.