Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

We need more characters like Iori, instead of all those saintly fake people you usually see in fiction.

Also - the way those dishes crash without any consequences should be a strong hint to how visuals in this manga aren't always meant to be taken literally. ^^

windydostuff
Homosexualien
joined Jan 10, 2016

After Iori hitting Minami, every chapter after that one just feels weird to me. Even though yeah this one is sexy and all but it seems like Minami is starting to feel bothered by Iori.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know all these lectures about how the author means for us to take the events of the story are kindly meant, but they're totally irrelevant to how readers respond to the story.

There are the kind of stories where all sorts of bad behavior are depicted in a light-hearted way, and where events that would be horrifying in real life are meant to be, and are taken to be, uproariously funny.

There are stories where those exact same things are taken seriously, and where the bad behavior is shown as having real-life consequences, or sometimes even worse outcomes than in reality.

Sometimes extremely talented narrative artists (authors, playwrights, mangaka) can even successfully include both of those effects in the same work (although the only such examples I can think of offhand are highfaluting people like Shakespeare, or James Joyce in Ulysses).

This mangaka, IMO, is not one of those.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I know all these lectures about how the author means for us to take the events of the story are kindly meant, but they're totally irrelevant to how readers respond to the story.

That's rich coming from the guy fighting a Room for Two crusade for the last year. :p

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's rich coming from the guy fighting a Room for Two crusade for the last year. :p

That's because I'm taking it the way the author means.

I'm not fighting for the series (it does that on its own); I'm just laughing at idiots.

joined Dec 5, 2019

NIce chapter, I like when these two have their tender moments, Iori is really thirsty.

thanks for translating

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The irony of this coming from someone who routinely argues that authorial intent trumps audience interpretation pretty much every time anyone else isn't jiving with the author's intent is pretty ridiculous. I guess authorial intent only takes priority over interpretations that aren't yours.

last edited at May 4, 2020 9:24AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The irony of this coming from someone who routinely argues that authorial intent trumps audience interpretation pretty much every time anyone else isn't jiving with the author's intent is pretty ridiculous. I guess authorial intent only takes priority over interpretations that aren't yours.

You have so consistently missed any of my points about authorial intention (including this one) that you have fully convinced me that I am unable to make those points comprehensible to you. But I'll try anyway because what the fuck:

It's completely possible for an author to have an intention that doesn't work on readers the way they want it to work. That's quite different from readers making up a new story in their heads and projecting it onto the story on the page.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Nice chapter

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Drunk Iori is really cute.

Yeah, I’m starting to lean on the side that the shit we saw a couple chapters ago was a hard misplay by the author accidentally portraying something completely different than they meant to. IMO it was definitely bad enough to mark my rating of the manga and I think it pulls the tone in a weird, serious/critical direction that makes me slightly uncertain where the boundary is between dark, fucked up moments and more lighthearted slapstick.

This latest chapter (35) could be interpreted as Iori breaking her girlfriend’s boundaries in a pretty serious way, especially by people whose trust in the author and character was broken by a previous chapter, or it could Minami trying to balance her job and professionalism with her girlfriend being cute and horny in her workplace, and coming to a humorous and spicy balance of the two in a way that shows a little example of how being with a partner can make your life flow in unexpected directions.

Really a shame that the author fucked this up so hard and ruined a lot of people’s enjoyment of a work that relies on some small subtleties and knowledge of their relationship for its effect.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Yeah I just ignore that one chapter and just mark it under terrible chapters. Just obviously an author who used to using slapstick and not knowing its potential implication.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(chapter 36

Wow, really interesting to see Iori interacting with the editor, I guess I really thought that story would be totally separate from the rest but I’m glad to see a tie-in. Also, I love how Iori’s just like “stop being a useless lesbian and tell her” and that pushes editor-chan forward a little bit. It’s kinda cool to see characters from these three almost-seperate stories supporting and influencing each other.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

THE PLOTLINES HAVE CONVERGED...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Everyone is Yuri

last edited at May 5, 2020 3:06AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

suddenly something slightly makes sense

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

good, I like this new couple

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

The girl writing the mangaka probably doesn't realize she's into her is what I'm thinking.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Just caught up...this is a weird series. I like it but its weird how oddly violent it is

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Im just going to categorize the abuse as nightmares/self harm because otherwise chapters 1-15 is an AU.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

honestly, after the abuse, id just rather see anyone OTHER than the main couple. they tend to be far more interesting anyways. the main couple part of the story cant decide on whether it wants to be serious with the abuse or not.

last edited at May 5, 2020 6:31PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It won't be serious, Mikanuji has made a mistake and will probably not bring up the subject anymore. Gosh, can we get over the subject . Like, we have 2 others couples to speak of and other dynamics. Just skip the chapter of Iri/Minami or drop the manga if you don't like it anymore. I don't mean you can talk about it but after 5/6 pages of the same thing said over and over, it's becoming a bit tiring.

last edited at May 5, 2020 8:26PM

Yeah, Minami really needs those Japanese trope bandages to cover those Japanese trope...gashes...Iori caused with her...Japanese trope gashing...hits? I mean, those bandages are medically necessary and are not at all a manga/anime trope. They are meant to be taken very literally and seriously, why I myself have hit my head on a low doorframe and immediately a huge flesh-colored, bulbous, hairless protuberance appeared, and get this, it already had a bandage on it! Good thing I’ve watched a lot of anime because I knew that it would be gone completely by the time the next scene rolled around. But it was serious! Very serious.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Yeah, Minami really needs those Japanese trope bandages to cover those Japanese trope...gashes...Iori caused with her...Japanese trope gashing...hits? I mean, those bandages are medically necessary and are not at all a manga/anime trope. They are meant to be taken very literally and seriously, why I myself have hit my head on a low doorframe and immediately a huge flesh-colored, bulbous, hairless protuberance appeared, and get this, it already had a bandage on it! Good thing I’ve watched a lot of anime because I knew that it would be gone completely by the time the next scene rolled around. But it was serious! Very serious.

I can't tell where your sarcasm is pointing, tbh.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

You know how sometimes an author will write the afterword using their own characters as stand-ins? It took me most of chapter 28 and 29 to figure out that
a) Those aren't Mikanuji and their editor
b) Those aren't Iori and Minami either
And then just as I started telling Iori and Rara apart, the author introduced Rara's identical looking coworker.

Well, as long as they're all cute, really.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

honestly, after the abuse, id just rather see anyone OTHER than the main couple. they tend to be far more interesting anyways. the main couple part of the story cant decide on whether it wants to be serious with the abuse or not.

Yeah, right. That other side couple for example, with the little sister obsessed with her older sister, who considers her love interest on the same level as a pet dog; and her love interest, who is so fucked up she pierced her childhood friends ears for sadistic pleasure - aside from beating her up way more often than Iori ever did - and only goes along with little sis now because she's physically capable of beating her.

But at least the enabling otaku relationship is so perfectly healthy.

Thank god people are never hypocritical; it'd be very embarrassing reading all the comments without a hint of self-awareness.

To reply you must either login or sign up.