Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Evil mascot does seem serious in world domination as well.

Actually, he opposed it in this chapter, and told them that disobeying him was treason.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9AjN5l4Gs

that's exactly what I was thinking lmao.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

The evil mascot seems to expect the treason, that's why he told Utena's group to transform before they go, so that they won't get hunted by real identity

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I predict they're going to join forces with the magical girls, I kinda wanted to see them take them out together instead, let's see how this unfolds

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

wonder if they will end up teaming with the magical girls to beat the big baddy

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

All seems part of Vena's plan to fully awaken Baiser. He does state in the first chapter that her power is to be the leader of the forces of evil.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch12#8
This was too funny
That giganto nun didn't disappoint, design and namewise. Leopald dropping the you're so fucked up bit again was nice, I wanna see what Utenas next move is so bad!!!

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 10:34AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I predict they're going to join forces with the magical girls, I kinda wanted to see them take them out together instead, let's see how this unfolds

I can only imagine how utterly awkward putting out the alliance-of-convenience feelers is going to be tho...
Obvious complication including but not limited to:

• Kaoruko/Sulfur and her tendency to try to no-nonsense murder the Dark Magical Girls on sight
  • Kiwi/Leo and her mildly pathological issues with the Tres
  • the above two fighting like cats and dogs even in their civvie personas
  • the, uh, everything Utena and Alice have done to the Tres so far >_>

On another note, lmao this exchange

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I wonder what the true goal is. To me, world domination is just a step towards Vena's real goal. Maybe it's some Kyuuby level master planning

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The starts on her cheeks represent the amount of corruption she's at no?

And who is Venalita?

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 12:09PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

And who is Venalita?

The bootleg Kyubeyevil mascot. As also named in the latest chapter.

...unless that was a "who is Keyser Söze" reference I didn't catch. >_>

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 12:57PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

random posted:

And who is Venalita?

The bootleg Kyubeyevil mascot. As also named in the latest chapter.

Why should it be woken up?

Obviously, the two creatures are negatives of each other. The two faces of the same coin.

I don't think the two sides are actually that much at odds. There must be something else.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I wonder what the true goal is. To me, world domination is just a step towards Vena's real goal. Maybe it's some Kyuuby level master planning

Clearly the true goal is BDSM magical girl shows every week, and make millions in merchandise.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

The classical magical girl answer is that Vena was turned evil by some dark power and the "good" critter wants to help him remember himself and stop being evil.

That said, there are some clues suggesting things are not as simply black and white as they seem, so the mascot critters may actually be up something else entirely..

joined Jul 26, 2016

Obviously, the two creatures are negatives of each other. The two faces of the same coin.

I don't think the two sides are actually that much at odds. There must be something else.

The Hell would I know, ask the author. Obvious genre-trope implications would be that Vena has been "corrupted" somehow and the Light Side mascot wants to undo that, or more deconstructively some convoluted Incubator-style shenanigans. Or if you want to get really paranoid those two are the same creature to begin with using literal blackface and everything it's telling the Tres is as big a lie as the story the "Vena" persona gave Utena...

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

That is a nice face in page 27. Love her.
A psycho sadist, who takes care and protect her friend/lovers. Love this so much...

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 3:02AM

joined Apr 27, 2020

That star!!!!! Did you see that!!! Utena's star has increased!!!!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I remember this from Revue Starlight. Definitely.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Actually, he opposed it in this chapter, and told them that disobeying him was treason.

What he said was that it wasn't time yet, despite the group proclaiming every magical girl bar Tres Magica was dead. Venalita seems to be under the impression that either they or Vatzhan are far stronger that the oldsters think they are. Given that Lord Enorme's minions are all three stars and she herself is a five star, this could well be correct if the evaluation of Baiser as a six star is right.

joined Nov 14, 2014

Wow, Baiser at the end! :3

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

In for harem ending, but shipping hard on Utena x Azul now.

A bit late to the series, but from a sadist POV, i understand Utena reaction regarding Azul entirely. She is considering the magical girls (those 3, so quite Azul specific) so highly. But Azul broke too easily disappointed her. She want Azul to fight off more fiercely, resist with all her mind, but still got crushed, succumb and only then finally submit.

She want Azul to submit as a magical girl. Not as an evil underling.

Not to mention, if someone is broken so easily just by a couple of lewd act, where is the loyalty in it? Wouldn't that means Azul will just lick boot of the next sadist queen who gives her a bit of pleasure? That's the reason why Utena looked at her like trash.

So go go Azul, train hard. Prove your strength. So you can splendidly being broken down bit by bit by Utena

Exactly. Its no fun if you don't have to work for it or they just give in. Crushing that resistance is where a lot of enjoyment can be found. Not a fan of harem endings but I'm definitely shipping Utena x Azul.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

In my opinion, the whole thing with Azul is Utena's inner contradiction showing. She wants to see the magical girls "fall", but originally it was a pure desire and feeling of admiration. They're simultaneously her targets and her heroes. To see one of her heroes fall so easily, even if it was to her own hand... She didn't like it. She wants to see them at their lowest state, but she also wants them to stay strong and not to give up. If she was a pure sadist, she would have been happy to see it, but she's not. She admires them. She looks up to them because they're strong, and they won't break. And to see them do exactly that, so easily, was extremely disappointing to her.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

What he said was that it wasn't time yet, despite the group proclaiming every magical girl bar Tres Magica was dead. Venalita seems to be under the impression that either they or Vatzhan are far stronger that the oldsters think they are. Given that Lord Enorme's minions are all three stars and she herself is a five star, this could well be correct if the evaluation of Baiser as a six star is right.

It could also be far more pragmatic than that.

Even if they have enough power to subdue any foe, they clearly don't have the infrastructure or mentality to rule. At best, they'll just be able to smash the things that annoy them and that is not a good long term strategy.

joined Aug 21, 2017

How does Kiwi not like watermelon? Who doesn't like watermelon?

To reply you must either login or sign up.