Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

(OK, the sex-bomb cover illustrations my be a bit of ship-teasing, but they’re too much fun for me to complain about.)

Witness the wild Blastaar in its natural habitat, eating the eye candy.
What a majestic creature.

Close enough, I guess. But those illos aren’t particularly racy, for the most past, just . . . smolder-y. And a humorous contrast with the wholesome, quotidian contents of the series itself.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I've been reading it for quite a long time now but I still dont know where this is heading. So tell me, is this yuri?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Erika___ posted:

I've been reading it for quite a long time now but I still dont know where this is heading. So tell me, is this yuri?

We've caught up with the raws in Japan so is up to us reader to understand.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Sure lots of people HOPE for yuri, now that we have the ring and this hints about them don't knowing what they feel but trying to look for the answers (like classic romance phase). Maybe the author wants to plan a good scenary for the big moment, releasing it in december, maybe later, so pasience is requiered till they are done with developing the main characters for a great ending or an open ending.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm kinda hoping that the Xmas could be the end of the manga too, because drag it beyond that and it might get too dark or even worse het!

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah... it got deep in various subjets but somehow it manages to give a holesome moment in almost every chapter, but still with a complex message about what is going on. I would love that in Xmas Shino USES the ring instead of just "this was a gift from my brother, take it... (And maybe lead to a darker story)". The point is, they have been going through a lot recently, we feel it should end sooner and with a happy (or a Xtra special happy) ending :).

joined Mar 8, 2020

so the raws for 75, 76 and 77 are out there raws link https://loveheaven.net/read-ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu.-raw-chapter-75.html and in chapter 76 shino finally gave the ring to nozomi, in 77 shino notice that nozomi is not wearing the ring and get kinda bothered by that

joined Dec 18, 2018

I really wonder what is going on in Nozomi's head at this point.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I think nobody knows that except the author.. was giving her the ring a good thing in the long run or not? Ive no idea.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 1:03AM

joined May 20, 2013

Why so ominous?

joined Feb 23, 2016

This is going to ....

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

What's true Nozomi!!???? Shiiiiiiiit!!!!! The drama, the tears!! its my fuel!!!

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Holy smokes. This is keeping mo in the edge. I was not expecting such reaction from Nozomi.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is the huggiest, cuddly-est, most skinship-py Japanese family relationship I have ever seen outside of incest hentai.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

This is the huggiest, cuddly-est, most skinship-py Japanese family relationship I have ever seen outside of incest hentai.

Well, japanese families are getting a bit closer in terms of physical affection this days, example: dads are getting closer to their children, not like before.

joined Mar 22, 2020

So is this yuri or not ? Can someone please tell me ?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So is this yuri or not ? Can someone please tell me ?

This question has been asked and answered a number of times here already.

Depending on your definition of "yuri," maybe, maybe not. In any case, several female characters are obviously attracted to/in love with several others.

Whether there will be a yuri outcome between Shino and Nozomi is still unknown.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh my god. Are they really gonna...? Is the plot really gonna go where I want it to go? As in, Nozomi takes the ring as a sign from Shino that she wants Nozomi to keep her brother in her heart? Just as Nozomi is starting to become aware of her own desire for a more personal relationship with Shino, and reads this as a tacit rejection? Thus leading to sadness and regret for everyone? I mean. I really hope so. Hell yeah. Just tear me to pieces, go for it, please.

Idk, I just feel like they have to deal with how ambiguous their relationship is, at some point. Even if this isn't a "yuri" story and they don't end up together, this is way beyond sisterly bonding and shared mourning. I like cuddles as much as anyone, but I'm sure as hell not curling into my sister's lap and wrapping my arms around her waist, no matter how much I've had to drink. This is a level of skinship I've written into fluffy gay fanfics, and even then I'm like, "Hm, is this too much? They're deeply in love, but are they this intimate already? I dunno..."

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Oh my god. Are they really gonna...? Is the plot really gonna go where I want it to go? As in, Nozomi takes the ring as a sign from Shino that she wants Nozomi to keep her brother in her heart? Just as Nozomi is starting to become aware of her own desire for a more personal relationship with Shino, and reads this as a tacit rejection? Thus leading to sadness and regret for everyone? I mean. I really hope so. Hell yeah. Just tear me to pieces, go for it, please.

Idk, I just feel like they have to deal with how ambiguous their relationship is, at some point. Even if this isn't a "yuri" story and they don't end up together, this is way beyond sisterly bonding and shared mourning. I like cuddles as much as anyone, but I'm sure as hell not curling into my sister's lap and wrapping my arms around her waist, no matter how much I've had to drink. This is a level of skinship I've written into fluffy gay fanfics, and even then I'm like, "Hm, is this too much? They're deeply in love, but are they this intimate already? I dunno..."

Never underestimate Japan's ability to yuribait. People said the same about Kumirei as you are saying now.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'm guessing that Nozomi really wishes that the ring was from Shino instead of a leftover gift from her late husband. It was very clear by the way she was treating it at the end of the chapter that she wasn't really wanting any part of it. I don't know if it's because she doesn't want to wear a constant reminder of the pain or if she thinks that Shino is getting together with her coworker and considers the ring symbolic of their getting closer since the guy gave it to her and didn't bring it directly to Nozomi. The text at the beginning of Chapter 75 kind of makes it clear that the story, from Shino's perspective in the future, is heading for something not so good with Nozomi. What I can't tell is if the "Signs" she's talking about are signs of depression and mental instability, so possibly issues with her being a suicide risk, or if they are the signs that most of us are seeing of Nozomi wanting a closer, less sisterly relationship with Shino.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 1:47PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

negation is strong... i believe it's just that she cannot accept brother's death

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 3:59PM

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

Ring? But they were already married... right? Jeez I’m confused about what this ring for

joined Jan 14, 2020

IIRC they were legally married but in a low-key way, like they hadn't had a party/ceremony yet, and maybe not a ring yet either. In which case this would be filling in the gaps, I guess.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 4:39PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

IIRC they were legally married but in a low-key way, like they hadn't had a party/ceremony yet, and maybe not a ring yet either. In which case this would be filling in the gaps, I guess.

I think that's right, although there are a couple of other series with vaguely similar premises that may be running interference in my memory.

We know the brother was young when he proposed, but I don't think we've gotten much detail on the specifics of the family's economic situation before his death, etc. So, yeah, it was almost certainly a matter of "I finally saved up enough to get you a ring."

As to the "So it's true," my best guess is (as someone said), "It's true that he's really dead."

That "push" against Shino and the ominous angle of the big panel on the next page really put a chill on my heart.

To reply you must either login or sign up.