Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

No yuri = no point.

What a tragically limited life you lead.

To much pre-heating the oven and never putting the bread in, is a serious crime!!

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

So when the fuck is Nozomi going to get that late birthday present?

Charliechen47
joined Dec 12, 2018

I also wouldn’t be surprised if volleyball-club-kouhai has it for that other classmate (if indeed not for Shino herself originally.)

Minato seem to be hinted to have something for Shino in chapter 63. The way she reject every confession heavily impliedshe had a potential crush on Shino but don't want to confess.

Yea I agree. It kinda reminds of me the mc's friend from useless princess. It's 70+ chapters at this point and I honestly don't think nozomi sees shino as more than a sister. I get super gay vibes from shino tho. If nozomi and shino doesn't end up together I sure hope minato and shino end up dating. They would be so cute together.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Per chapter 69, is Diehard a Christmas movie? If only there was some way to check and see...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dai_hard

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's not Christmas without the two Die Hard movies.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It's not Christmas without the two Die Hard movies.

Isn't there, like, a third one, too? I think I remember there being a third one (albeit I can't remember ever watching that one in its entirety, unlike the first two).

EDIT:
I just checked Wikipedia and, uh... There are apparently FIVE Die Hard movies, and I can't remember which one of the latter three did I think of when I thought of a third one...

last edited at Apr 7, 2020 5:16PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ We don't talk about those.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ We don't talk about those.

Well, since they are, evidently, faaaar less memorable than the first two, I think I'll agree.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

First 4 movies are great. Only 5th is utter garbage.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

First 4 movies are great. Only 5th is utter garbage.

Have only seen the first three myself, but as good as the third is, it really ruins the series to see their marriage break over this. Goes against everything the first two stood for. (Talking about this always reminds me of this... :D)

In any case, as far as Christmas movies are concerned, only the first two matter anyway, no more Christmas in the others.

last edited at Apr 8, 2020 9:02AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ah I'm up to date with this again..... after a re-read but it was nice going back and doing it all again, hope there is more soon (yes even after a 20 or so chapter dump!)

I was thinking thinking there was more feels at the begin.... then this came along
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch65#12
whole other level of "feels"...... wipes tears of joy from eyes for a change

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah I'm up to date with this again..... after a re-read but it was nice going back and doing it all again, hope there is more soon (yes even after a 20 or so chapter dump!)

I was thinking thinking there was more feels at the begin.... then this came along
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch65#12
whole other level of "feels"...... wipes tears of joy from eyes for a change

I know that the yuri-ambiguity of this series is frustrating to some readers, but I'm actually quite enjoying the author's expert, nuanced, and inventive re-deployment of yuri conventions and narrative cues that keep us guessing.

Like on that page--Nozomi usually gets a "Cool Big Sis" or "Sexy Reliable Housewife" visual treatment, but in that big top panel, her hairline and eyelashes totally read "Lesbian Seductress" (the same way she looks on a number of covers and in spot illos).

This series overall has been a real delight.

joined Jan 22, 2015

This manga tears my heart up in all the right ways.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

What's with the comedy tag when all these chapters was mostly depression lmao

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 1:34AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

What's with the comedy tag when all these chapters was mostly depression lmao

Me thinks My Unrequited Love might be rubbing off on Kuzushiro. I really hope this isn't the case cause I came here to get away from the tremendous angst in MUL if only momentarily.

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 9:59AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

oh, it's been a while since I see an update here Dynasty. Anyway, I always love this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

All signs are starting to point in the expected yuri direction.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Some manga have been tagged subtext for less than this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Some manga have been tagged subtext for less than this.

Tsk—you and your yuri goggles.

Being incredibly flirty with friends and relatives-by-marriage and sometimes sleeping together holding hands and doing comparative boob-fondling is perfectly normal.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Even if it's not yuri, it's interesting. :D

joined Oct 22, 2018

Being incredibly flirty with friends and relatives-by-marriage and sometimes sleeping together holding hands and doing comparative boob-fondling is perfectly normal.

If we ignore the "and relatives-by-marriage" part of what you said, this may or may not become spoilers for that one perfectly normal series.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Even if it's not yuri, it's interesting. :D

Yeah, besides:

• Ritsuko being gay for Nozomi.
  • Shino being gay for Nozomi.
  • Minato being gay for Shino.
  • Koizumi being gay for Minato (and/or maybe Shino)

. . . there’s really no gay at all.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Koizumi is the kohai right? I hope she shows up again soon, I quite like her~ (and kinda ship her with Shino actually)
also hope we get a follow up to Minato being gay for Shino.
although i probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if Nozomi is still like this, so preferably after things get slightly better for her, hopefully soon

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Assuming I got the spelling right—yeah, the crabby/kind kouhai with the little sister who Shino helped.

For my money, this series is ambiguity-about-a-character done right. (I’m not going to bash the counter-example I have in mind by title, because this isn’t the place for it.)

Nozomi is incredibly kind, flirty, and cuddly with Shino, and tons of elements of their relationship signal “romance.” But tons of them also don’t, and Nozomi’s behavior can just as easily be explained by the facts that:

• Nozomi has always been fond of Shino as her husband’s little sister.
  • They share the bond of the brother’s loss.
  • She relates to Shino as a girl who is growing up.
  • Shino is the main connection to her lost husband.

My attitude is entirely subjective, but I just don’t ever get the feeling that this is an author who is ship-teasing or inadvertently sending mixed signals, or one who isn’t in control of where the story is going, but is one who is genuinely interested in developing the nuances of a very complex emotional situation.

And who is doing a very fine job of it.

(OK, the sex-bomb cover illustrations my be a bit of ship-teasing, but they’re too much fun for me to complain about.)

joined Jul 26, 2016

(OK, the sex-bomb cover illustrations my be a bit of ship-teasing, but they’re too much fun for me to complain about.)

Witness the wild Blastaar in its natural habitat, eating the eye candy.
What a majestic creature.

:U

To reply you must either login or sign up.