Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Woah! Harsh!

Well i mean it's why i prefer Brother's wife to MUL. I'm not a huge fan of love triangle. And Brother's wife doesn't put a love story right of the bat.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wonder if death by reading manga has ever happened because one of these days... Really ONE OF THESE DAYS THIS MANGA WILL BE THE END OF ME!

New update on MD

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I wonder if death by reading manga has ever happened because one of these days... Really ONE OF THESE DAYS THIS MANGA WILL BE THE END OF ME!

New update on MD

Shino building a harem inconsciously

Tumblr_inline_niapmwo2tb1qhkmjy
joined Jun 16, 2016

the last chapter killed me.I swear if kuzushiro choose yuri route now,it will be the longest slow-burn relationship in yuri manga I have ever read.

joined Aug 16, 2019

So is this manga completed already? I don't wanna get heartbroken.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Latest chapter is out elsewhere: It may just be straight-up trolling of yuri fans, but is delightful nonetheless. May also be a takeoff on/homage to Chapter 18 of Hana ni Arashi.

joined Aug 16, 2019

Does anything happen here? I want them to be together or does this will be like "stretch"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

alyj posted:

Does anything happen here? I want them to be together or does this will be like "stretch"?

Is not over so we don't know but there are strong hints of love unfortunately there are as many yuri hints as there are het so is like throwing a coin and hope for the best but if it works as any kind of relief, Nozomi and Shino have shown 0 interest in men apart from the deceased brother.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 2:19PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Nozomi and Shino have shown 0 interest in men apart from the deceased brother.

Then again, that could be a issue in and of itself. Necrophilia

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Serenata posted:

Nozomi and Shino have shown 0 interest in men apart from the deceased brother.

Then again, that could be a issue in and of itself. Necrophilia

Don't go there! I don't want this to turn into Sexy Losers... (⊙﹏⊙)

joined May 7, 2017

Okay, I had removed this series from my favorites/to read, but I got a spoiler from a FB group in which they ... well anyone interested read chapter 65 ... and now I dunno what to feel about this series

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey I just wanted to point out that the author is working in yet another series (this girl or guy works really hard!) is about shogi ! is called EISEI OTOME NO TATAKAI-KATA, what I can say is female protagonist... With maaaaany other girls, well, just think Saki but without the Schrodinger panties... As for yuri or subtext, well, I'll leave the raw of the first chapter so you can adjust your own yuri googles at your own risk, and if you know Japanese well that's even better hahaha https://lhscan.net/read-eisei-otome-no-tatakai-kata-raw-chapter-1.html I found the intensity of the first chapter really good and the characters and specially that suggestive last pages hehe.

These girls look crazy! I don't want to derail the thread so I'll also point out that 0mniessence has worked up to chapter 66 of Ani no yome! https://mangadex.org/title/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu and is REALLY INTENSEEEE

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 12:04AM

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Huh.. this is really, really good on a character level. Excluding any romance, the whole family drama thing is awesome. All the friends too.

But what jumps out at me is the comparison to My Unrequited Love. I can understand not putting tags on yet, since the story's direction is vague (also, I've ignored spoilers in this thread, since I'm actually really invested in this story no matter where it goes, so others might not want to spoil), but to me i think it deserves a subtext tag. It's very subtly done, but reading it in one sitting, the clues add up.

Shino's reactions in the bath when she was half-asleep (the panels focusing on Nonomi's breasts and thighs) as well as other little scenes. Not to mention her hesitance to be thought of as family. It's not as clear-cut as MUL of course, where she definitely has a reason to not be considered family, but it also seems like she kinda gets, subconciously, that she doesn't want to be just a sister. Also, her friends' comments, the holding hands in the car and at night..

Now that I think about it though, subtext might only apply to vague but requited feelings.. Yuri crush subtext?

But really, this is so good particularly because it doesn't necessarily mean anything. For Nonomi, it's more obvious that she's conflating Shino with her brother a bit, though there are hints Shino might be doing the same, or even putting herself in brother's shoes. No matter what though, this is wonderful and well-written and a new favorite.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Whoa totally didn't know this has been updating on other sites. Was a nice 15 chapter binge. Ofc it had to end in tears. Ch 67 really reminded me why I love this series so much. Such a simple chapter, but damn it just hit you in the right places.

Funnily enough, the more yuri fanservice chaps like 65 and the bath one are the ones I enjoy the least. They always feel out of place since it doesn't go anywhere and doesn't add anything to the storyline. The two always feel ooc in those chapters too.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Whoa totally didn't know this has been updating on other sites. Was a nice 15 chapter binge. Ofc it had to end in tears. Ch 67 really reminded me why I love this series so much. Such a simple chapter, but damn it just hit you in the right places.

Funnily enough, the more yuri fanservice chaps like 65 and the bath one are the ones I enjoy the least. They always feel out of place since it doesn't go anywhere and doesn't add anything to the storyline. The two always feel ooc in those chapters too.

I had no idea.

I'm not throwing shade or anything. This is a legitimate question. Is Dynasty Reader currently under staffed when it comes to uploaders? I've noticed a lot of yuri series on other sites that either haven't been uploaded here or were partially uploaded but forgotten or dropped at some point.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Looking East posted:
I'm not throwing shade or anything. This is a legitimate question. Is Dynasty Reader currently under staffed when it comes to uploaders? I've noticed a lot of yuri series on other sites that either haven't been uploaded here or were partially uploaded but forgotten or dropped at some point.

It actually has more to do with the fact that dynasty 1. don't really actively search for new releases and rely more on upload requests 2. They try to upload series consistently from 1 group after getting their permission, so if group suddenly changes, it doesn't mean they'll just start uploading new group and getting permission from new group can take time. Or at least from what I know about site.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So I finally sat down and read this, after planning to for quite a long while. I've seen people raving about it here in comments, and to some degree I can see why. There's some good stuff in there.

But holy crap, is it so melodramatic! Maybe it's a function of reading it all at once rather than as the chapters come out, but it feels like all the time one or the other of them says some little innocuous thing that's vaguely related to the brother, and everyone's doing a dramatic turn to the camera while the music goes DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!! And the endless angst about how the other person views them, or whether this is a normal reaction or what have you, and I can't see how they don't spend their time exhausted from all the worry.

Plus of course the continual romance-coding of their interactions, which is simultaneously really nice and a bit frustrating since it seems like it'll never, ever happen. I mean these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something. And I'm pretty sure the author is aware of how it looks, given they have characters within the story taking note of that dynamic.

Still, it's a good read for all of it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And I'm pretty sure the author is aware of how it looks, given they have characters within the story taking note of that dynamic.

I mean,we talking about the author of Inugami to Nekoyama and Kimi no Tame nara Shineru here. It already fed up on couples-but-not-really-couples shenanigans.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So I finally sat down and read this, after planning to for quite a long while. I've seen people raving about it here in comments, and to some degree I can see why. There's some good stuff in there.

But holy crap, is it so melodramatic! Maybe it's a function of reading it all at once rather than as the chapters come out, but it feels like all the time one or the other of them says some little innocuous thing that's vaguely related to the brother, and everyone's doing a dramatic turn to the camera while the music goes DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!! And the endless angst about how the other person views them, or whether this is a normal reaction or what have you, and I can't see how they don't spend their time exhausted from all the worry.

Plus of course the continual romance-coding of their interactions, which is simultaneously really nice and a bit frustrating since it seems like it'll never, ever happen. I mean these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something. And I'm pretty sure the author is aware of how it looks, given they have characters within the story taking note of that dynamic.

Yeah, the melodrama does feel excessive at times, since their anxiousness and sadness last forever without ever really getting solved. Still, it's a great story about coping with grief and bonding with the people you still have.

these two act more like a committed couple sometimes than the girls from A Room For Two, and that's really saying something.

I guess these two do have the same non-romantic life partners feel that the main pair in A Room For Two have, though at least in this case we're not expected to consider them lovers.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 8:46PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm there are some chapters in MD (specially some of the latest updates) that hints that the melodramatic or over the top reactions have meaning, like, some chapters they make you think like they're over it and moving on but then some others... Well, they just make you feel glad that they're together because they definitely shouldn't be left alone a single day.

Feels like even in the most joyful chapters, there's a sense of dread in the background and you can feel it strongly with the color pages.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 9:24PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, the melodrama does feel excessive at times, since their anxiousness and sadness last forever without ever really getting solved. Still, it's a great story about coping with grief and bonding with the people you still have.

Although it doesn’t seem like it because of the slice-of-life narrative structure, it’s only been very slightly over a year since the brother’s sudden and unexpected death. So the rawness of the emotional wounds seems pretty proportionate to me—their angst hasn’t really “lasted forever.”

Both Shino and Nozomi are, given their circumstances, generally fairly reliable and grounded people, so the brother’s loss and their dependence on each other are still their main psychological pressure points.

(When I haven’t read this for a while, I get tinges of weird memory interference from My Unrequited Love and 1x1/2—the parallels being the anomalous domestic situation in the former and the missing male figure in the latter, I guess. But in this one the brother’s death is still quite recent, relatively speaking.)

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Although it doesn’t seem like it because of the slice-of-life narrative structure, it’s only been very slightly over a year since the brother’s sudden and unexpected death. So the rawness of the emotional wounds seems pretty proportionate to me—their angst hasn’t really “lasted forever.”

Both Shino and Nozomi are, given their circumstances, generally fairly reliable and grounded people, so the brother’s loss and their dependence on each other are still their main psychological pressure points.

(When I haven’t read this for a while, I get tinges of weird memory interference from My Unrequited Love and 1x1/2—the parallels being the anomalous domestic situation in the former and the missing male figure in the latter, I guess. But in this one the brother’s death is still quite recent, relatively speaking.)

I agree that in realistic terms, their grief is progressing in a totally normal way. That's part of what makes the series so enjoyable. What I mean, though, is that it feels like it goes on forever narratively, because we haven't really seen much progress on that front so far (maybe we have? It's been a long while since I first read this for me too, so the details have faded). I think part of my frustration when I first read through this was that they're pretty afraid to voice their insecurities. Again, certainly not unexpected considering the circumstances, but frustrating at times nonetheless.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree that in realistic terms, their grief is progressing in a totally normal way. That's part of what makes the series so enjoyable. What I mean, though, is that it feels like it goes on forever narratively, because we haven't really seen much progress on that front so far (maybe we have? It's been a long while since I first read this for me too, so the details have faded). I think part of my frustration when I first read through this was that they're pretty afraid to voice their insecurities. Again, certainly not unexpected considering the circumstances, but frustrating at times nonetheless.

Honestly, it doesn't even seem like they're grieving particularly. They're mostly relaxed and enjoying each others' company and then DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!! someone mentions a food he used to like and they're both questioning whether the other intentionally brought that up or maybe they've offended the other and the actual dead guy doesn't seem to directly figure into the equation much. And then we're back to blushing and acting like a couple again.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I suppose one way to put it is that reading this is like putting together a jigsaw, and there's these two pieces that are obviously supposed to fit together but there was a flaw in the manufacturing and they don't quite connect for no clear reason, and all you can do is keep plugging away until things work themselves out.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I suppose one way to put it is that reading this is like putting together a jigsaw, and there's these two pieces that are obviously supposed to fit together but there was a flaw in the manufacturing and they don't quite connect for no clear reason, and all you can do is keep plugging away until things work themselves out.

Great metaphor, but I’d put it a slightly different way—the brother was the piece of the puzzle that connected the two of them.

Now they’re forging a new, more direct connection with each other, and the memory of the brother both enables that new connection (they wouldn’t be together now if it were not for him) and also hinders its development (their bonding without him is a constant reminder of their mutual loss).

To reply you must either login or sign up.