Forum › Semelparous discussion

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

We don't know anything about her personality since Youko didn't get any focus yet. All they changed is the relationship they have, but for all we know, everything else is the same. Even her looks are the same except for the glasses.

It's pretty disenguenous, you can't really be the same person with totally differents experiences. Their relation was a large part of their characters.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

The only reason I didn't see it coming is because it didn't happen in the oneshot. Gamma was great though, so I can't wait to see what happens here.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Somehow this art is both good and terrible at the same time...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

man, oh man. first Shy, now Semelparous. this is a real treat. TBH, i don't care if this contains any yuri. the story so far is damn good. when we do get to the yuri parts, i kinda hope it's used to accent the main story instead of being the focus of the story.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I unfortunately knew the friend was going to die, the author telegraphed it in a really predictable way in my opinion. They built up the whole "oh we'll always be together" angle just for the sake of killing off one of the characters, because they wanted to add a depressing angle to the story. I enjoyed the one-shot a lot more because it was fun and didn't force sorrow into it.

joined Jan 2, 2020

Idk this is like combination of Bleach + Attack on Titan somehow... Plus yuri ofc

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

holy crap this is freaking awesome.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

So i am the only who saw some coincidences with Pacific Rim instead of AoT...i mean they have to for pair for the sake of defeat the threat xD
Edit: I prefer the version of the one shot but maybe bc im a "childhood friends tag" fag but i would lying if i say that i don't want to see where this goes

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 1:55AM

5c0eb2a069f0052bbd3e22e04efa8b5a
joined Dec 4, 2019

PA PA PA PA PARARARA ATTACK ON TITAN

joined Sep 16, 2014

I can understand why the author made the change though. It gives a much more serious air (for the characters at least) compared to the oneshot.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

We don't know anything about her personality since Youko didn't get any focus yet. All they changed is the relationship they have, but for all we know, everything else is the same. Even her looks are the same except for the glasses.

It's pretty disenguenous, you can't really be the same person with totally differents experiences. Their relation was a large part of their characters.

This. The author literally killed her entire character. What a way to ruin the whole premise.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

finally some good shit to read

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

New quasi-superhero series from Ogino Jun? Sign me the heck on.

To everyone complaining how the author "ruined" the original doujin, relax. The original doujin is still there for you to enjoy. This is an alternate timeline in the same setting, and the author is free to write it however he likes. From where I am standing, y'all are just miffed that you didn't get a series based on the premise you liked more -- which I am sorry for, but please let us enjoy the new, edgier timeline from now on.

Fb_img_1554123071250
joined Mar 2, 2020

"Give me Aegis" Yorino gropes boobs to give aegis

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Everyone: if there's yuri, there cannot be a plot
Ogino: if there's no plot, there cannot be any yuri

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

AOT but insert Gamma characters

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Not much to judge off of for the first chapter, I’ll keep an eye on it. Also as I was reading, I was thinking “wow this is lacking Ogino’s usually ecchi-ness” then bam next page she grabs her boob to give her magical power juice.

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Kinda sad Ogino changed it in that way, but after all it's still Ogino Jun in action. I look forward to next chapters!

Yeah, I don't like that change either. The original is still my preference for now, but perhaps this set-up will work better for an ongoing series, so I'll keep up with it and hope it stays interesting.

Yep, exactly. I wonder if introducing new characters, instead of using old ones would work better? Maybe Ogino wanted to use original setting as base and build something new on top of that?
Since Gamma is one of my all time favorites here, I'll just wait for more story :)

Yeah same kinda confused me at start with the change.

You know I just realized this Series has been out for a while, & I can't remember how many chapters are out now, the raw chapters i mean.

joined May 20, 2013

The original one-shot was fine, and the setting memorable, but after Gamma I don't expect too much good from this serialization. The biggest change so far didn't make me feel better about it, either.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

"Pour the energy into my" breast. I mean... in my big heart.

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Seemed pretty obvious to me that this would take a different direction from the one shot when the author changed the childhood friend's name and design. Its a bit weird having it happen for sure, but I'd imagine the author probably feels it'll work better for a serialized work compared to a one shot. Idk we'll have to wait and see, don't really like to judge a series after only one chapter.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Yeah, Attack On Titan but with girls. Meh.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ogino Jun never ceases to catch my attention, action and drama straight from the get go (Gamma is a big fav in terms sci-fi Yuri work, shit had me crying it was so well done) shoulda known shit was gonna be rough but damn one chapter in and I'm already mad/sad at old mate dying in front of her bestie.... then lets chuck in a little light ecchi with a boob grab for "legitimate reasons". The art work is is simple yet detailed, I just don't understand, so much style! Stoked another Ogino series is here, I've got high hopes for this one

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 11:01AM

joined Feb 24, 2019

Seeing a lot of good comparisons to other things here: AoT (friend crushed like Eren's mother, fighting giant humanoids while flying through the air with blades), Pacific Rim (two people required to fight kaiju), and Bleach (people with supernatural abilities tasked with defeating otherworldly beings in order to save humanity). I like the idea of combining those elements and it sounds even better if you add some yuri to it. Despite my misgivings about chapter 1 I really do have high hopes for this series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.